IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Mayweather, Can the Khan Hype Die Now? (Topics Merged)
emd01
post Oct 5 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #81

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 09:14 AM) *
I really want Khan to fall into irrelevance much the same way and worser then Guerrero

If he fights Floyd your wants will come to fruition. This will be the first legit KO Floyd has gotten since the Hatton fight. If this fight happens the name of the shit should be:

Mayweather vs Khan:REALLY?!?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #82

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 5 2013, 04:15 PM) *
If he fights Floyd your wants will come to fruition. This will be the first legit KO Floyd has gotten since the Hatton fight. If this fight happens the name of the shit should be:

I agree, Floyd should pay a penalty if he doesn't knock Khan out lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #83

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 5 2013, 11:27 AM) *
Alexander collazo in the works. Like I said, amir denying the mayweather fight rumors was the nail in the coffin

At this point, that's what its looking like. I hope that biscuit chin gets knocked out this time. He went from being a fighter that I couldn't stand, but liked because he fought everybody, to the fighter that begs for rematches that he wouldn't give, and hides out from legit fights for big paydays.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 01:13 PM) *
I like the idea of a rematch between Danny and Amir, but looking at it now. If Amir didn't fight Devin he damn sure ain't gon step up.to Danny. It seems to me that Amir always wants to call the shots. My problem with him is he's been in some tough fights that could've went either way and he refused to give rematches like the Maidana fight. But when he got his soul snatched by Lamont and buried by Danny he cried for rematches like you said

This kid is not a star in the U.S. And he needs to stop acting like he's the A side of everything. That's why I say alot of what we are hearing I'm willing to bet is coming from those dudes in his camp. I think hour may be trying to cash himself out because one more loss and he's on gatekeeper status, if that

Totally agree! The only thing about him not wanting to step up to face Danny or Amir, is that he actually knows what to expect from Danny. For all we knew, we may have ended up seeing the 09-10 Devon Alexander, had this fight taken place...but again, who knows. You're right, one more loss for Amir will equal "gatekeeper" status...which some guys like Berto, Rosado (aaaaalmost), Lopez, and few others have almost reached.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 5 2013, 05:15 PM) *

Mayweather/Khan should be donned, "The WORST One"...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 6 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 12:14 PM) *
I really want Khan to fall into irrelevance much the same way and worser then Guerrero

Do you know how pissed I was when guerrero talked his way into that fight?

No he's ducking Thurman and begging for an ortiz fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 6 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #86

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2013, 12:49 AM) *
Do you know how pissed I was when guerrero talked his way into that fight?

No he's ducking Thurman and begging for an ortiz fight.

He was offered the Thurman fight, turned that down and then IDK if you read it, but he did an interview on boxingscene days after rejecting Keith, and he said he was ready to fight whoever but he specifically pointed out Victor. Now I want to see him and Victor too, but it's funny that he don't want to fight the guy whose more active and more likely the threat to defeat him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 6 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #87

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 08:41 PM) *
At this point, that's what its looking like. I hope that biscuit chin gets knocked out this time. He went from being a fighter that I couldn't stand, but liked because he fought everybody, to the fighter that begs for rematches that he wouldn't give, and hides out from legit fights for big paydays.

Totally agree! The only thing about him not wanting to step up to face Danny or Amir, is that he actually knows what to expect from Danny. For all we knew, we may have ended up seeing the 09-10 Devon Alexander, had this fight taken place...but again, who knows. You're right, one more loss for Amir will equal "gatekeeper" status...which some guys like Berto, Rosado (aaaaalmost), Lopez, and few others have almost reached.

That's what I'm saying, it's a reason he wanted out of the fight with Devon. Devon ain't no easy fight for him. He's very slick and crafty in the ring and that's even when he performs lackluster.....he's approaching gatekeeper status because his losses are bunched close together, with the exception of the Prescott loss. but he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, and the 2 fights he won he didn't look impressive at all. He walked his way into a shot for the IBF belt and backed down now he's trying to walk into a big money fight, I think he's cashing himself out

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Oct 6 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #88

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Khan vs Ortiz on December 7? I really think it's gonna be Mayweather vs Garcia on May 3 no one else is deserving lol

Btw has anyone noticed how the newspapers in the uk are hyping a khan-mayweather fight saying it will make $200mil+ lol please stop it smh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 6 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #89

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Let me reiterate: Fuck this fight, fuck Floyd if he signs this fight and Khan is a bitch for skipping out on DA. If Showtime even tries to sell this bullshit fight I will boycott Showtime sports for a month... For us to be even talking about the possibility of this fight happening is a damn shame! I rather Floyd fight Devon than Con!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 6 2013, 11:51 AM) *
That's what I'm saying, it's a reason he wanted out of the fight with Devon. Devon ain't no easy fight for him. He's very slick and crafty in the ring and that's even when he performs lackluster.....he's approaching gatekeeper status because his losses are bunched close together, with the exception of the Prescott loss. but he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, and the 2 fights he won he didn't look impressive at all. He walked his way into a shot for the IBF belt and backed down now he's trying to walk into a big money fight, I think he's cashing himself out

That's why we're at this silly roadblock now. I mean damn Amir, at least try and win the title first. If this Mayweather fight happens, then I dont wanna see Khan ANYMORE. The funny thing is, YEARS ago, he said that he wanted to fight Floyd and retire at the age of 28...seems like he's close to his dream and retirement. Lol

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:29 AM