IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Cloud-Stevenson/Chavez-Vera SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams (Special 1st Post Info!)
mrchitown
post Oct 1 2013, 01:24 AM
Post #151

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Showtime would gladly take Ward and promote him like a star so they shouldnt give a fuck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . HBO is the one who better tighten their game up because Showtime has to be looking sweeter and sweeter to fighters.

Can't argue with anything you said in this post. HBO is treating certain boxers like Ward, like a doormat. I have my doubts that they can right the ship in this regard because they seem to be happy with the direction their going in. I just look at HBO now and it's just not the same, something is missing from them. And look at the way they keep pushing this PED shit with Juan, it's funny they're using it as the backdrop to the fight with Bradley but not once have they questioned they're pom pom favorite Manny. It's so obvious what and why they're doing it

I bet showtime is looking good to boxers like Ward and Rigondeaux. Athletes like to be appreciated not treated like they've robbed a bank
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 1 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #152

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 30 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Can't argue with anything you said in this post. HBO is treating certain boxers like Ward, like a doormat. I have my doubts that they can right the ship in this regard because they seem to be happy with the direction their going in. I just look at HBO now and it's just not the same, something is missing from them. And look at the way they keep pushing this PED shit with Juan, it's funny they're using it as the backdrop to the fight with Bradley but not once have they questioned they're pom pom favorite Manny. It's so obvious what and why they're doing it

I bet showtime is looking good to boxers like Ward and Rigondeaux. Athletes like to be appreciated not treated like they've robbed a bank

HBO is basically TR boxing. I think Arum has some major pull at HBO for some reason. Notice anytime one of his "favorites" gets that ass whooped(Manny, Donaire, Chavez Jr) some bullshit goes down afterwards. Arum seems to genuinely hate black fighters and tends to like to deal with fighters that he can manipulate(mostly foreigners with poor english). I really dont know where HBO is going to go from here because the veil has pretty much been lifted and everyone knows what theyre about.

Boxers like Ward and Rigondeaux should be trying their hardest to get on a network that will not only appreciate what they do but promote them for what they are. Rigo probably has a slave contract and IOUs on napkins like Manny so it might be a lil harder for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif) .

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 1 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #153

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

"Bribing Bob" had Chavez-Vera 6-4 for Chavez:

Claims Vera winning was "absurd." Clearly senility is setting in for him. Because of age, thankfully, he shouldn't be around too much longer. Same with King.

At any rate, he thought the judges like Chavez's harder punches despite Vera throwing and scoring so much more shots. I will watch on HBO on Demand and post my score soon.

Arum's comments below:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/181093-...es-got-it-right

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 1 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #154

The Consultant

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 12:04 PM) *
HBO is basically TR boxing. I think Arum has some major pull at HBO for some reason. Notice anytime one of his "favorites" gets that ass whooped(Manny, Donaire, Chavez Jr) some bullshit goes down afterwards. Arum seems to genuinely hate black fighters and tends to like to deal with fighters that he can manipulate(mostly foreigners with poor English). I really dont know where HBO is going to go from here because the veil has pretty much been lifted and everyone knows what they're about.

Boxers like Ward and Rigondeaux should be trying their hardest to get on a network that will not only appreciate what they do but promote them for what they are. Rigo probably has a slave contract and IOUs on napkins like Manny so it might be a lil harder for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif) .

But interestingly enough Bradley's win over Pacquiao went AGAINST the grain of protecting the house fighter, (Manny.) But both were promoted by Top Rank, so regardless of what happened in the fight Arum comes out ahead. In the case of Chavez-Vera, Vera has no strong promotional backing and going into the match six losses. There's no financial incentive for Vera to win against a cash cow like "Chavez Jr." It's almost like if you are a no-name with several loses on your record and you are fighting a star, you have to KO him to win.

It's more who the fighter is, maybe even more so than who is promoting. If King, Arum, or Golden Boy get an undeserved fighter a title shot against an undefeated star, I would bet the star still gets the close rounds.

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 1 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #155

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 12:04 PM) *
HBO is basically TR boxing. I think Arum has some major pull at HBO for some reason. Notice anytime one of his "favorites" gets that ass whooped(Manny, Donaire, Chavez Jr) some bullshit goes down afterwards. Arum seems to genuinely hate black fighters and tends to like to deal with fighters that he can manipulate(mostly foreigners with poor english). I really dont know where HBO is going to go from here because the veil has pretty much been lifted and everyone knows what theyre about.

I looked at their promo piece talking about their epic fail lineup and I didn't even see Rigondeaux or Andre in there. I guess I should be happy that had Stevenson and Bradley in there but HBO will get what's coming to them. It's just sad that a network with the budget they got puts on this shit fest

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 1 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #156

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 1 2013, 11:02 AM) *
I looked at their promo piece talking about their epic fail lineup and I didn't even see Rigondeaux or Andre in there. I guess I should be happy that had Stevenson and Bradley in there but HBO will get what's coming to them. It's just sad that a network with the budget they got puts on this shit fest

Both will be Showtime fighters very soon!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 1 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #157

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 1 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Both will be Showtime fighters very soon!

Depending on their deals with the network, I'm hoping so

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 1 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #158

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 1 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Depending on their deals with the network, I'm hoping so

Me too. Then maybe Hopkins old ass would fight Ward. For some reason, i'd love to watch that damn fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 1 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #159

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Me too. Then maybe Hopkins old ass would fight Ward. For some reason, i'd love to watch that damn fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

The one thing I can say about Bernard is that he stands his ground, he said it would never happen and I don't think it will. I don't want to see that fight

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 1 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #160

The Consultant

Good review of the judging and follow-up of the fight here:

http://www.queensberry-rules.com/2013-arti...-24-7-more.html

Jack

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:14 PM