IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Marquez vs. Bradley: Preview and Poll!, Who Wins? Vote Now and Comment!
Marquez vs Bradley
Who Wins?
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 5 ] ** [27.78%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [5.56%]
Marquez by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [11.11%]
Bradley by Dec (Close) [ 8 ] ** [44.44%]
Bradley by Dec (Wide) [ 2 ] ** [11.11%]
Bradley by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 18

Jack 1000
post Oct 2 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Vote Now in our Preview and Prediction poll for the upcoming Juan-Marquez Tim Bradley World Welterweight Championship fight. October 12th 2013 on PPV. Who will win and why?

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Oct 2 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

I could see a Draw or close MD,SD or UD for either fighter, but for some reason I believe Marquez gets the nod. Possible rematch situation. My hope is we get a fair decision here if it goes to cards.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 2 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I think Bradley takes it by UD. I think he beats JMM convincingly.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 2 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My vote is Marquez close decision.

This has the makings of Majority Decision, Split Decision, or Draw written all over it. BUT some people whom I respect believe that BOTH Manny and Juan juiced for their 4th fight. You have to keep in the back of your mind. Where did Marquez get this herculean-like power to KO Manny? I don't know and have no proof of this. What it means however is that IF Manny brings that power with him to the Bradley fight and Tim tries a war, he will feel that power and a couple of knockdowns against Bradley could be the difference in the fight.

If Tim boxes well and uses the angles to avoid a war he can and should won. Notice how in the Ruslan fight, when he boxed, the big Russian couldn't get to him, but when he brawled, he came close to getting TKFO. I think Tim is going to try to be an exciting brawler in this one, and his chin lets him down again, and I could see two big knockdowns scored by Marquez the difference in why Marquez wins the fight. I think Bradley may have some damaged goods from the Ruslan fight. Can't feel confident in my pick. It all depends on Tim using a boxing strategy to win. Marquez has trouble with movers, and Bradley knows this, but he's gonna make a mistake and force a brawl. At least in spots, and that will cost him.

Marquez might get a close decision just to keep the stupid general public into talking about a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. I would like Bradley to win to silence the talk once and for all.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 2 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Isn't the cotto fight this week? I thought this was next week?

Either way these are pretty good match ups, good way to start off the month.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 2 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im not even sure who to pull for in this one. Marquez is ope jab away from having a permanent crater in his face, from all of that scar tissue. Bradley is one more hook away from his brain doing a permanent tap dance in that chrome dome of his.

Seriously though, Im sure both of these dudes took a pay cut to take this fight, but if you think about it, both of them aren't really on the A-side of anything concerning PPV sales. I said that to say, if it goes to the cards, it's all about who will make Bob more money in a Pacquiao rematch...I think we ALL know who that is.

Anyhow, I'm not moonlighting over Juan's KO of Manny, but I believe he can catch Timmy slipping in this one, and possibly stop him. I say that because, I believe Bradley will get comfortable with the fact that Juan isn't a real WW, therefore, he'll probably think that Juan cant hurt him...which we all know, will lead to him fighting the wrong fight.

Bradley did himself an injustice by fighting that Provodnikov fight, in the manner that he did. He could've saved that silly stuff for this fight. NOW, he has to struggle with the health concerns from the Ruslan fight, and also struggle with trying to impress in this fight.

Again, if this goes to the cards, then Timmy wont get the nod, therefore, he's gotta go for the KO and PROVE (this term is what got him into shitty water in that Ruslan fight), that people need to pay for his rematch with Manny, IF that happens...the only way it happens, is if he stop Marquez. Bob is gonna do his best to squeeze one more meaningful fight outta Marquez's old ass, so there's no need to delay a Pac/JMM V fight.

Marquez by TKO (corner stoppage)

PS: Let's all pray for no SERIOUS CUTS in this fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 2 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I really have no idea who will win, but I've said for over a year now, this fight will be boring, filled with fouls and shadiness, and won't do either fighter much justice.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 2 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Are you all forgetting about Bradley's biggest weapon?.....His massive head!!!

I think this fight could be similar to Bradley/Alexander.....All the makings of a great fight, but a let down and bs cut stoppage at the end. Hard to say.

I like both these guys equally. There is something about Timmy, that does not allow me to doubt him. On the other hand, Marquez is Marquez. True mexican warrior with some serious boxing ability. As I said in another thread, I think that he is the smartest dude in the game right now...behind Floyd and B-Hop. And tht's what will make the difference imo. Bradley is a dumb boxer. I repeat myself but I think it's true....Once a boxer decides to brawl with a brwaler, he is stupid in my book and there is no coming back from that one. Therefore although I like Bradley's style, grit and will...I think his fucked up brain lets him down again.

Marquez UD or late stoppage (Juan Baby Bull Diaz style)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 2 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think Bradley takes a decision. I think he simply outworks Marquez. I do think it goes the distance and Bradley wins 115-113 on at least 2 of the 3 official cards.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Oct 2 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

i feel strongly in the fact that JMM will win by SD or MD. but i cant rule out TB doing the same for obvious reasons one being hes still undefeated two being as many times as we downplay him and underrated him he still rises to the occasion. aside from a "gift" decision Bradley brings his A game every fight. isnt really profound in any area as far as speed power or defense but his preparation and will to win drive this man to the place he is now. the styles they both bring t o the table will make it an exciting fight from bell to bell. while i expect knockdowns i cant see a definite KO maybe a TKO off of a bullshit stoppage but nothing from either corner or fighter as far as flag waving. these two warriors have to much pride for that.

frankly to keep it 100 my wallets on Marquez but ill be rooting for Bradley !

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 05:07 AM