IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@3:30PM(ET)/12:30PM:W.Klitschko vs. Povetkin-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Cotto-Rodriguez Fight
checkleft
post Oct 5 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 03:53 PM) *
Wladmir is John Ruiz reincarnated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lmao don't let professor hear you

Heard Wlad did his best Alexander impression!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Oct 5 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #22

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

For those who missed the fight...here i'll sum it for ya'll in one image..
(IMG:http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/200/979/denucci_dominic_display_image.jpg)

Disgusting insult to the sport of boxing..

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 5 2013, 04:03 PM) *
Lmao don't let professor hear you

Heard Wlad did his best Alexander impression!

Professor probably trained Wlad for that fight, he has been MIA lately lol

Idk what Wlad was on but he sure wasn't fighting. He was landing the cleaner shots but he made a concentrated effort to lean on Povetkin and tire him out and when Alexander did try to do some work Wlad would hold in for dear life....he and his brother should retire. I respect them but they just don't know how to fight without being robotic

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 5 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #24

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Professor probably trained Wlad for that fight, he has been MIA lately lol

Idk what Wlad was on but he sure wasn't fighting. He was landing the cleaner shots but he made a concentrated effort to lean on Povetkin and tire him out and when Alexander did try to do some work Wlad would hold in for dear life....he and his brother should retire. I respect them but they just don't know how to fight without being robotic

cmon.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 5 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #25

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

this thread got a bitch face on. wlad outclassed povetkin.

dont give me that shit about holding and putting weight on the back of the neck. muhammad ali was a master of this. if you can get away with these things, then they are done. povetkin let it happen for the entire 12 rds, if he can't prevent the clinch then he obv isn't world championship status. Wlad fights robotically is a compliment not a critique, what he fights effectively?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I see that Chi held it down for the most part! All of yall are too much! LOL

The fight wasn't all that impressive, I'll admit that. I mean damn, I was throwing some meat on the grill, and saw the "red" light lit on my DVR, then I saw "boxing" was recording...totally forgot about how early this fight aired.

I caught it at round 7, and my girl was talking to me while it was on. Surprisingly, I was actually LISTENING to her...not my usual practice when boxing is on...which goes to show you how interested I was in this fight after watching the "action". On top of that, I didn't wanna overcook these bleu cheese burgers, so I was in and out. lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 5 2013, 05:32 PM) *
this thread got a bitch face on. wlad outclassed povetkin.

dont give me that shit about holding and putting weight on the back of the neck. muhammad ali was a master of this. if you can get away with these things, then they are done. povetkin let it happen for the entire 12 rds, if he can't prevent the clinch then he obv isn't world championship status. Wlad fights robotically is a compliment not a critique, what he fights effectively?

Well you got the shit so deal with it! Don't ever compare this guy to Ali, EVER! This dude is a great fighter and he and his brother are greatly under appreciated but he fights like a robot and that isn't a compliment. Where the fuck you from where that's considered a compliment? Idaho?

The ref should've been taking points and Povetkin was complaining about getting thrown down like Jake the snake Roberts. The ref didn't take a point til the damn fight was almost over. He held so much he should've been dq'd. Don't tell me Ali did that. Ali held Frazier and Norton behind the head. I agree if you can get away with them they will be done but don't give me this sissy shit in comparing him to Ali. If you call what he did boxing you a bum. Straight up and down. He clinched held. And bear hugged. Ali never did that. And Ali was never known as a serial clincher like Wlad.

And next time quote me instead of this bitch shit! I'm going back to eating my dinner. Lol the nerve of this idiot

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 07:44 PM) *
I see that Chi held it down for the most part! All of yall are too much! LOL

The fight wasn't all that impressive, I'll admit that. I mean damn, I was throwing some meat on the grill, and saw the "red" light lit on my DVR, then I saw "boxing" was recording...totally forgot about how early this fight aired.

I caught it at round 7, and my girl was talking to me while it was on. Surprisingly, I was actually LISTENING to her...not my usual practice when boxing is on...which goes to show you how interested I was in this fight after watching the "action". On top of that, I didn't wanna overcook these bleu cheese burgers, so I was in and out. lol

That fight made me like a little kid watching Hogan and Andre the giant fight at Wretlemania, that's how much clinching this man was doing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 09:32 PM) *
That fight made me like a little kid watching Hogan and Andre the giant fight at Wretlemania, that's how much clinching this man was doing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It was hard to watch after a while, but it seemed like Povetkin had a horrible game plan, just to add insult to injury.

I'll check back into this thread after they re-air the Klitz fight in a few mins. Guess I'll sort socks til then...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 5 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #30

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Well, this is no DVR keeper! hahaha!

Jack

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:40 AM