IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45PM(ET)/7:45PM(PT):Cotto vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Klitschko-Povotkin Fight
Dolimite
post Oct 6 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I am happy for Cotto. DR was a shit job but to see Miguel with confidence was good to see. I thought Cotto was overly aggressive especially for a fighter like DR. But he is with Freddie Roach now so hey. Now Cotto can't get into anymore wars, I hope he doesn't fight like this against solid competition. I think he should fight Canelo. Big money fight. PR vs. Mexico.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Oct 6 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #72

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 6 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Funny how one fight is enough for people to see Cotto renewed. Styles make fights and....DR is....who?

I've never felt Cotto was shot. Even after the loss to Margarito and Pacman I knew he could still fight at the highest level and compete.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 6 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 6 2013, 06:47 PM) *
If Cotto can stick to fighting Top Rank fighters for the duration of his career, I can see him having some solid pay days and "impressive" performances. He'd better do just that though. The top fighters at 154 on Showtime will starch him up. I can't see him beating Trout, Quillin or Canelo.

Quillen a middleweight bra

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 7 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #74

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Quillen a middleweight bra

I'm pretty sure Quillen would make 54 for the right price. I highly doubtit would be an issue. We're not talking Chavez Jr here. Either way, it wouldn't happen. My point was, Cotto is going to stick to fighting overhyped Top Rank headhunters.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 7 2013, 08:50 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #75

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 6 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Funny how one fight is enough for people to see Cotto renewed. Styles make fights and....DR is....who?

C'mon Mit, I should ban you for telling the truth! You know how "fans" are, when it comes to their favorite fighters. Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #76

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Cotto's in a good position right now (business wise), but knowing Miguel, the ride wont last long. He's leasing the services of TR, the same way that Floyd does with GBP. Whose to say that he wont jump ship to fight Canelo on Showtime?

Again, he's still a free agent, from what I understand. If he jumps ship to fight Canelo on Showtime, then HBO and Arum will start showing their ovaries, and not wanna do business with him again. On the other hand, if Cotto's allowed to make his own business decisions, then that'll be a problem. Whoever his handlers are, need to HANDLE that.

Cotto starts to get stupid and think about these fans out here, which lands him situations like Trout fights, which ends up setting him back again. Good fight for Miguel, but let's see how he does when a guy fights back. Delvin's such a queer...hope he enjoys his FNFs dates from now on. Lol

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 7 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #77

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:15 PM) *
C'mon Mit, I should ban you for telling the truth! You know how "fans" are, when it comes to their favorite fighters. Lol

lol, for realz?

No disrespect to Cotto, I do like him, but srsly....Delvin Rodriguez? come ooon...what was Miguel supposed to do? Go full 12 rounds with him and win split dec?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 7 2013, 04:09 PM) *
lol, for realz?

No disrespect to Cotto, I do like him, but srsly....Delvin Rodriguez? come ooon...what was Miguel supposed to do? Go full 12 rounds with him and win split dec?

I didn't think much of Delvin, but I did think that he would've gone for the gusto and overwhelmed Miguel with activity. Silly me, lol.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Oct 7 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #79

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

The boxing Hall of Fame must be the Hall of Pretty Good if Cotto is a lock to get in.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Oct 8 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #80

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Oct 7 2013, 05:28 PM) *
The boxing Hall of Fame must be the Hall of Pretty Good if Cotto is a lock to get in.

He should not be a lock... He has a razor thin win over mosely (no matter what the cards say- i thought he lost), a win over judah... I agree. Not enough substantive work to be a hall of fame lock. The Boxing Hall needs to be more prestigious and hard to get in like the Baseball hall of fame--

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:44 PM