IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto-Alverez or Cotto-Martinez?
Which is the smartest big fight for Cotto next?
Alverez or Martinez
Cotto-Alverez [ 15 ] ** [60.00%]
Cotto-Martinez [ 9 ] ** [36.00%]
Other (Your Suggestion) [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
Dolimite
post Oct 8 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I will say Cotto vs. Canelo! Why not? Martinez isn't the same fighter he once was. I want to see how Canelo reacts to his first lost. Plus I want to see what Roach's game plan for Canelo would be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 8 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cotto/Martinez happens quicker than Cotto/Canelo. Again, I'm almost sure that Cotto is still a promotional free agent, and he still has his own promotional banner as well. I'm almost sure his promotional banner operates just like MP Promotions, Mayweather Promotions, Canelo Promotions, Khan Promotions, and Marquez Promotions, just to name a few.

With that in mind, he could easily go back to GBP to lease their services for a Canelo fight, in the event that GBP and TR can't do business together. As I've read the headlines as of the last couple of months, I've been reading about Cotto "working with TR again" and Cotto "returns to TR", but I have yet to see "Cotto signs/signed with TR".

He should be careful of entertaining the idea of a Canelo clash in the future, because we all know how Arum is. Knowing Arum, he's probably trying to get Cotto to actually sign his life away, again. As far as network are concerned, Cotto's a big fish in a small pond, with HBO. Manny still sells, but Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in the sport (maybe he's "3A" and Canelo's "3B at this moment), so he can hold things down until Manny is back in the swing of things.

Again, there are too many big fish (read: Mayweather and the rising stars) with Showtime, and Cotto may not get that "riding off into the sunset" attention that he truly deserves. With that in mind, I think he stays with HBO and only has to face ONE threat (Martinez) and steamroll a few more somewhat worthy opponents, until he decides to hang 'em up.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Oct 8 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i was thinkin more of cotto vs bradley at 54 after timmy beats juan. or cotto vs juan. those are sick fights also

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 8 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

i picked Cotto/canelo because its actually a fight Cotto could win.

If Cotto fights Martinez he's done for several reasons. Never fought at 160 but you want your first fight to be against the best 160 lber (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ?!? Martinez will be the hardest puncher Cotto has ever faced. Martinez is used to fighting bigger men...punching down for once would be refreshing. Cotto would be giving up 20 lbs easy fight night. Cotto is a blown up WW. Cotto has problems with slick punchers and nut shots wont save him against Sergio. Martinez will not fight an inside fight with Cotto, making Cotto have to take chances. I dont see a damn thing Cotto could do to win against Martinez. Everyone needs to step back and realize the dude just beat Delvin Rodriguez...the dude is nowhere near Martinez' skill level...nowhere. Arum is going to ruin Cotto and it will be Cottos own stupid ass fault for getting out of, then getting back into, a deal with the devil.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 8 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 8 2013, 06:32 PM) *
i picked Cotto/canelo because its actually a fight Cotto could win.

If Cotto fights Martinez he's done for several reasons. Never fought at 160 but you want your first fight to be against the best 160 lber (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ?!? Martinez will be the hardest puncher Cotto has ever faced. Martinez is used to fighting bigger men...punching down for once would be refreshing. Cotto would be giving up 20 lbs easy fight night. Cotto is a blown up WW. Cotto has problems with slick punchers and nut shots wont save him against Sergio. Martinez will not fight an inside fight with Cotto, making Cotto have to take chances. I dont see a damn thing Cotto could do to win against Martinez. Everyone needs to step back and realize the dude just beat Delvin Rodriguez...the dude is nowhere near Martinez' skill level...nowhere. Arum is going to ruin Cotto and it will be Cottos own stupid ass fault for getting out of, then getting back into, a deal with the devil.

It sure did the trick for him against Zab, I still say that Cotto might've lost that fight if he hadn't of did that, I personally believe it was intentional. And then months later he got what I think was a lucky break against Shane. He should've been 0-2 in 07

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 8 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Oct 8 2013, 05:48 PM) *
i was thinkin more of cotto vs bradley at 54 after timmy beats juan. or cotto vs juan. those are sick fights also

I like the ring of that!

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 8 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #27

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 8 2013, 05:30 PM) *
It sure did the trick for him against Zab, I still say that Cotto might've lost that fight if he hadn't of did that, I personally believe it was intentional. And then months later he got what I think was a lucky break against Shane. He should've been 0-2 in 07

Damn right they were intentional (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter besides Floyd and i'll be pulling for him if he fights Sergio but damnit i'd be lying if, in this fight against Martinez, I said pulling for and hoping wasnt the same thing. Martinez will be 100% confident in this fight. Hell, if Canelo moved up to LHW to fight BHop does anyone think Hopkins wouldnt be confident? Same thing here.

Sergio is 3 inches taller with an 8, yea an 8, inch reach advantage with speed equal to or better than Cottos. He'll come in fight night every bit of 175 lbs. He's going to pummel and stop Cotto by the 5th round. Shits a mismatch.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 8 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 9 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Damn right they were intentional (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter besides Floyd and i'll be pulling for him if he fights Sergio but damnit i'd be lying if, in this fight against Martinez, I said pulling for and hoping wasnt the same thing. Martinez will be 100% confident in this fight. Hell, if Canelo moved up to LHW to fight BHop does anyone think Hopkins wouldnt be confident? Same thing here.

Sergio is 3 inches taller with an 8, yea an 8, inch reach advantage with speed equal to or better than Cottos. He'll come in fight night every bit of 175 lbs. He's going to pummel and stop Cotto by the 5th round. Shits a mismatch.

There's only about an inch or inch inch and half arm length advantage. Cotto's at 23 or 23.5, while Sergio is at 24 inches. I'd say that Sergio will come in at no more than 170, if that...haven't seen him come in at anything more than 167 though. Style wise, I agree, it's a mismatch. Lol

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 8 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:24 PM) *
There's only about an inch or inch inch and half arm length advantage. Cotto's at 23 or 23.5, while Sergio is at 24 inches. I'd say that Sergio will come in at no more than 170, if that...haven't seen him come in at anything more than 167 though. Style wise, I agree, it's a mismatch. Lol

So you think Martinez walks into the ring weighing the same as Ortiz at WW or Canelo at JMW? Shit just looking at those dudes I can tell Sergio is the bigger man. Thats why they wouldnt do fight night weigh ins at the Chavez Jr fight. Sergio doesnt want people to know how huge his ass is because he's still trying to play that "lil MW" BS that everyone seems to have eaten up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Oct 9 2013, 02:47 AM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 8 2013, 08:35 PM) *
I like the ring of that!

I agree Cshel. That fight would be an instant classic. I don't see Bradley lasting the full 12 rounds against a determined and properly trained Cotto at this point.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:24 AM