IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Boxers Are The Most Boring And Why?
NoCatchweights
post Oct 8 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #11

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 7 2013, 02:30 PM) *
I can't stand devon. He lost something in the Bradley and Lucas fights, they seem to have him traumatized.

Vazquez is not that appealing but he is very good at his craft, he is boring because he's gone up against hype jobs that can't cut off the ring. I think once he gets in against a good pressure fighter I think he will put on a good show because he will be forced to exchange.

But man, I didn't see this coming from Wlad.

Devon's only had 3 fights since than and has won all easily.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 8 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #12

Flyweight

Devon gets the most unfair rap I've ever seen, I've laid out his resume on here many times, it's only behind the Floyds, Mannys and Wards of the world and he is so young. Perception often becomes reality and people are lazy on Devon, they don't look at his age and resume and they don't take into account he was drained at 140 and looks like 147 is his natural weightclass. If you try to look good against Bailey, Maidana and Lucas you get knocked out. This is a guy who also tried to fight Ruslan, Khan and Kell twice, hard not to be a fan.

The guy who wrote the article sounds basic, he said Kilmonov wasn't aggressive enough, I got to take into account Devon is fighting world class guys and Crawford is fighting ESPN guys.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 8 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 8 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Devon's only had 3 fights since than and has won all easily.

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 8 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Devon gets the most unfair rap I've ever seen, I've laid out his resume on here many times, it's only behind the Floyds, Mannys and Wards of the world and he is so young. Perception often becomes reality and people are lazy on Devon, they don't look at his age and resume and they don't take into account he was drained at 140 and looks like 147 is his natural weightclass. If you try to look good against Bailey, Maidana and Lucas you get knocked out. This is a guy who also tried to fight Ruslan, Khan and Kell twice, hard not to be a fan.

The guy who wrote the article sounds basic, he said Kilmonov wasn't aggressive enough, I got to take into account Devon is fighting world class guys and Crawford is fighting ESPN guys.

If devon was drained its no fault but his own if he stayed down. He got home cooking against Lucas and barely squeaked by kotelnik. Bradley completely mind fucked him, he looked lost and discouraged and HE caused most of the headbutts that gave him a way out.

At 140 before those two fights he would actually step in and sit on his punches, afterwards he just pitty pats and clinches because he does not want to get tagged again like he did against Lucas and Bradley (mind you Bradley has negative calcium in his fists). And the thing is, the dude is a good boxer! But he fights scared now. A guy like khan could have either made him look like shit or gave him a prime performance. Porter isn't hard to find and he is inexperienced, its probably gonna be a clinchfest

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 9 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #14

Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 8 2013, 05:48 PM) *
If devon was drained its no fault but his own if he stayed down. He got home cooking against Lucas and barely squeaked by kotelnik. Bradley completely mind fucked him, he looked lost and discouraged and HE caused most of the headbutts that gave him a way out.

At 140 before those two fights he would actually step in and sit on his punches, afterwards he just pitty pats and clinches because he does not want to get tagged again like he did against Lucas and Bradley (mind you Bradley has negative calcium in his fists). And the thing is, the dude is a good boxer! But he fights scared now. A guy like khan could have either made him look like shit or gave him a prime performance. Porter isn't hard to find and he is inexperienced, its probably gonna be a clinchfest

If Devon fights a Porter level guy and doesn't open up I'll give up on him, I just see who he's fighting so I'm okay with his style. As far as his weight that is on him but it still made him look less than I believe he is.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 9 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 9 2013, 12:28 PM) *
If Devon fights a Porter level guy and doesn't open up I'll give up on him, I just see who he's fighting so I'm okay with his style. As far as his weight that is on him but it still made him look less than I believe he is.

I think the fight with porter is a done deal. This is alexanders chance to have a great performance, if he stinks it up I think gbp will be giving up on him to not just you.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 9 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 8 2013, 03:08 PM) *

No B-Hop?

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 9 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Flyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 9 2013, 03:52 PM) *
No B-Hop?

When you say Mannys, Floyds and Wards of the world it means the very best, guys like Mares, Froch, B-hop, Khan, Danny and Bradley all have all faced Top notch guys and we know it but many people don't realize one of the youngest is Devon and I've had to tell many people who he fought.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 03:25 PM) *
I think the fight with porter is a done deal. This is alexanders chance to have a great performance, if he stinks it up I think gbp will be giving up on him to not just you.

Hate to be cynical here...but this fight is gonna be a snoozer. When Devon's in there with somebody that he can look good against (as of late), he puts us to sleep. When he's in there against somebody with power, he showers us with boredom.

Porter is a decent fighter, but I just see these guys clashing heads and hugging all night. No way Devon goes in there and gives this guy a fight, besides, who is Shawn Porter, in regards to Devon's career taking a step UP?

Porter needs this fight more than Devon, so I can see him doing his best get Alexander out of "safe mode" and into a real fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 10 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 10:30 AM) *
Hate to be cynical here...but this fight is gonna be a snoozer. When Devon's in there with somebody that he can look good against (as of late), he puts us to sleep. When he's in there against somebody with power, he showers us with boredom.

Porter is a decent fighter, but I just see these guys clashing heads and hugging all night. No way Devon goes in there and gives this guy a fight, besides, who is Shawn Porter, in regards to Devon's career taking a step UP?

Porter needs this fight more than Devon, so I can see him doing his best get Alexander out of "safe mode" and into a real fight.

Porter likes to brawl to lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Porter likes to brawl to lol

That's the jacked up part, I dont see Devon giving it back to him, I just see him being careful and pitty patting. Lol

Its almost like Devon's one pivot away from rupturing his achilles' tendons or somethin', lol. In his last few fights, I've been yelling at the tv, "Sit down on our punches fool!"

LOL

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:44 PM