IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is scared of fighting Cotto!!! Even when May beat his ass..., Well.. according to Bob Arum
Dolimite
post Oct 9 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

He has done it again folks. Mr. Arum is stating that the Cotto who fought the highly and top rated fighter, Delvin R. has Mayweather dodging a would be rematch between the two.

Arum does not think that May has the testicular fortitude to get into the ring with with the Cotto that fought Saturday. And he is probably right, for one May doesn't deal with anything associated with Bob, secondly, we all know May will not give anyone a rematch that he beat convincingly. Too bad for Mayweather that many in the boxing media are actually giving Bob credence to his statement.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-doubts-may...to-again--70397
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 9 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

It's regrettable but boxing has the dumbest fans in the world, they don't realize Floyd is p4p number 1 and Delvin is p4p 188 on my list, seriously.

But Floyd is black and anyone who Arum wants him to fight is a duck, I genuinely despise Scene and all the casuals who believe these pathetic lies.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

That same Cotto that "came forward" last night, would've walked into something serious (read: a counter punch) last May. I liked the Cotto that fought Floyd, except for the fact that he used his legs way too much and worked against himself because of it (in a few rounds).

Bob, HBO, and the media are doing what they do best...they're selling us the "new Cotto" and his "new style because Roach", but it was against Delvin Rodriguez. I mean shit, I give Floyd all of the credit in the world for the way he dismantled Gatti...but it was Arturo Gatti.

That's just like guys were boosting Matthysse through the roof because of his "one punch KO" against...Mike Dallas Jr.?! Really?! That hype went too far, and now we have to see these nasty Oscar sigs 'til Friday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'll always be a fan of Cotto (in the ring, not with business decisions), but let's see how this plays out when somebody fights back or uses decent movement. Suddenly, when a guy gets with a new trainer, people say that his improvements will take about 2-3 fights to show, but as soon as Cotto knocks out an ESPN fighter, he's the "Cotto of old" and he's "ready of all comers". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 9 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Ladies and gentleman.....Dolomite is back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 9 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Anybody with sense knows what's going on here. As usual Arum is using Mayweather's name to create hype for someone he's closely associated with. He's getting push back though, I forget if it was a writer or a boxer but recently he got blasted by someone who called him on his shit, basically saying that journalists go along with what he says for fear of being black balled and not credentialed for TR fights....I'm smart enough to know that no version of Cotto would best Floyd, even pre Margarito, his style would always lead him to eat counters against Mayweather. Arum acts as if this old Cotto would give him a run but he's the same dude who kept Miguel away from Floyd when that fight could've easily been made. Nothing to see hear except the usual rhetoric from scammed Bob

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 9 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

It's ridiculous and irresponsible that there are actually respected boxing writers, trainers, historians etc. that take this dipshit seriously.

Ever notice all the fighters Mayweather is supposedly scared of are always Top Prank fighters? Ever notice that the few that leave Top Rank seem to get a fight with Floyd fairly quickly?

As CShel mentioned, I thought Cotto was about as good as he's ever been vs Floyd. End of the day, he's fighting Floyd. There isn't a version of Miguel Cotto that I've seen that can beat Mayweather...period. I don't think Cotto now beats Floyd. I don't think Cotto 2 years ago beats Floyd. I don't think the Cotto sitting ringside of the Mayweather/Gatti fight with the "oh shit" face beats Floyd. Beyond the fact that people are overhyping his performance against Delvin "Kermit Cintron's little brother" Rodriguez, they are disrespecting Pedro Diaz. Diaz had Cotto in better shape than he's been in years. His defense was better than it's been in years. And he gave Floyd a harder fight than anyone has given him in years. I like Cotto. Tons of respect for him. He's a HOFer. Let's knock it off though. This is no different to me than people saying the weight made a difference in the Marquez fight. Neither Juan Manuel Marquez or Miguel Cotto have been openly asking for a rematch. That should tell you something. Leave well enough alone lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 9 2013, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 9 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 9 2013, 11:12 AM) *
He has done it again folks. Mr. Arum is stating that the Cotto who fought the highly and top rated fighter, Delvin R. has Mayweather dodging a would be rematch between the two.

Arum does not think that May has the testicular fortitude to get into the ring with with the Cotto that fought Saturday. And he is probably right, for one May doesn't deal with anything associated with Bob, secondly, we all know May will not give anyone a rematch that he beat convincingly. Too bad for Mayweather that many in the boxing media are actually giving Bob credence to his statement.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-doubts-may...to-again--70397

Arum's the only one outside of the judges who had Chavez beating Vera as well. I agree. There will never be a Mayweather fight against ANY opposition for which Arum promotes that opposition. Because of this fact, it is useless to talk about ANY fighter, (including Manny) whom Bob promotes. Arum despises Mayweather and will have no promotion or co-promotion associated with him. There are rumors going around the Internet about Floyd and Bob settling their differences and possibly co-promoting in the future. Don't believe them! Arum parted ways with Floyd years ago, when Floyd called the money the Arum made for him in his early years a "slave contract." Those wounds run deep.

The stupid general public, who knows nothing about boxing, clings to Mayweather-Pacquiao, because they don't know what else is out there. They know that and MMA, that's all.

Jack

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Oct 9 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

The only thing Cotto has ging for him in the possibility of this happenning is that he is not as patheic a possibility as Amir Khan.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 9 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 9 2013, 11:01 AM) *
Ladies and gentleman.....Dolomite is back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My lady got back in town and I have been with the family, now she wants to get married!!!!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 9 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 9 2013, 10:37 PM) *
My lady got back in town and I have been with the family, now she wants to get married!!!!

Is your girl Delvin Rodriguez? I would expect something like that after such a beating...security, sexurity, security...

Man....Arum...."what else can I say......Dumb dork.....medication"....

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 06:44 AM