IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is scared of fighting Cotto!!! Even when May beat his ass..., Well.. according to Bob Arum
Franchize
post Oct 10 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Amandla @ Oct 9 2013, 08:52 PM) *
The only thing Cotto has ging for him in the possibility of this happenning is that he is not as patheic a possibility as Amir Khan.

How would you guys feel about a Cotto vs Khan fight? Catchweight of 150 lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 9 2013, 03:01 PM) *
Ladies and gentleman.....Dolomite is back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

With a vengeance!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 10 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 10 2013, 09:09 AM) *
How would you guys feel about a Cotto vs Khan fight? Catchweight of 150 lol

I would just be happy if khan jumped off the London bridge..

Typical Arum.. wish he would just jump off right behind him..

Cotto doesn't beat May. Even though he put up a valiant effort last time.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 10 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 10:26 AM) *
With a vengeance!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He came back from the dead, I don't think Arum realizes what he's done lol

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 10 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I'll always be a fan of Cotto (in the ring, not with business decisions), but let's see how this plays out when somebody fights back or uses decent movement.

And the thing is there are talks of Cotto moving up to 160 next year to face Segio at Citifeild in Queens, NYC. Sergio fights back and uses GREAT movement. Unfortunately is body is giving in on him. But i think sergio wuld still put an end to the hype in his present condition simply because he has a genuine dislike for Cotto thats been brewing for years.

And i also agree with you on disliking his business decisions. This guy is the ULTIMATE FUCK BOY. "Top Rank and golden boy need to work together for the canelo fight to happen?" I rather him have made up any other excuse in the world but come on. If that reason is genuine the WORLD KNOWS that will never happen. This guy is a self promoted/promotional free agent yet hes having Bob Arum push the Sergio fight. Why cant he do business straight with DiBella without the middle man. Why does he need to end his career with top rank if he's his own boss? Shit like that annoys me..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 01:26 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

what is bob arum supposed to say? he's back in business with cotto...he made a lot of money with cotto...of course he's going to sell him. i don't expect cotto to fight floyd next...but if he should beat sergio, which i think is highly likely...he should be in the conversation. especially when u consider he gave floyd his toughest fight of his career. floyd closed the show...no doubt....but that was not an ass beating either way.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 11 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Bottom line is this, Floyed will say the following "if you get the job done right the first time, no need for a rematch"

I'm not implying he's scared in any way, just sayn I dont think Cotto is, or will be on his mind

But,... Haha... If Cotto can get past Sergio I can see Floyed looking at dollar signs.. too irresistible

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 11 2013, 02:06 AM) *
Bottom line is this, Floyed will say the following "if you get the job done right the first time, no need for a rematch"

I'm not implying he's scared in any way, just sayn I dont think Cotto is, or will be on his mind

But,... Haha... If Cotto can get past Sergio I can see Floyed looking at dollar signs.. too irresistible

exactly. i agree.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 11 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:26 AM) *
what is bob arum supposed to say? he's back in business with cotto...he made a lot of money with cotto...of course he's going to sell him. i don't expect cotto to fight floyd next...but if he should beat sergio, which i think is highly likely...he should be in the conversation. especially when u consider he gave floyd his toughest fight of his career. floyd closed the show...no doubt....but that was not an ass beating either way.

Yea but even you have to be a bit annoyed at the fact that Arum's only angle to promote a fighter over the last few years has been to mention Floyd either being scared of them or said fighter being more exciting than Floyd has ever been. It's like c'mon. That record has played so much it's transformed into an 8 track.

And you really think that was Floyd's toughest fight? I always say I think his toughest fight was against Emmanuel Augustus (Burton). Roger and Floyd have said it as well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 10 2013, 01:44 PM) *
He came back from the dead, I don't think Arum realizes what he's done lol

Dude came back with some fire too...as if he lost a real fight in the real world, and feels that he has some heavy lifting to do around here! Welcome back Dolimite! We know that you're 0-3 with your girlfriend (yeah, by his words, she's a tough one), but we'll still respect him around here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Marcus @ Oct 10 2013, 06:08 PM) *
And the thing is there are talks of Cotto moving up to 160 next year to face Segio at Citifeild in Queens, NYC. Sergio fights back and uses GREAT movement. Unfortunately is body is giving in on him. But i think sergio wuld still put an end to the hype in his present condition simply because he has a genuine dislike for Cotto thats been brewing for years.

And i also agree with you on disliking his business decisions. This guy is the ULTIMATE FUCK BOY. "Top Rank and golden boy need to work together for the canelo fight to happen?" I rather him have made up any other excuse in the world but come on. If that reason is genuine the WORLD KNOWS that will never happen. This guy is a self promoted/promotional free agent yet hes having Bob Arum push the Sergio fight. Why cant he do business straight with DiBella without the middle man. Why does he need to end his career with top rank if he's his own boss? Shit like that annoys me..

I don't think Sergio's body is wearing down like people think it is. If you look at it, he had about a 2 year stretch of consistent fights, and he was battling a nagging injury going into the Chavez fight, which he sustained more injuries in that fight. Fact is, when you're fighting a bigger guy, it's more wear & tear on your body, than it is on your opponent's. For instance, Manny was hurting himself, the whole time he pummeled Margarito.

Then Sergio came back and fought yet another big man (Murray), after surgery and sustained a hand injury in that fight I think this break will do him some good, especially if he comes back against a smaller Cotto, or at least has a tune-up bout in Argentina.

As for Cotto and his business moves, yeah, we're all in the same boat with that. The thing is, I don't think he'll even fight Canelo, regardless of whether or not he's a promotional free agent. At first, I thought he had some wiggle room to play both sides of the fence, with HBO/TR and Showtime/GBP...not so much at this moment.

In a Martinez fight (money wise), Cotto would be on the A-side of things, especially if they're fighting anywhere in the NY area around the time of the PR parade. Sergio, not so much. Where is his fan base anyway? He may have made some noise in AC, but that's about it.

NOW, at THIS point, Cotto's hurt himself (business wise) with GBP. Why? His stock rose after the spirited loss to Floyd, but then he went off and lost to Trout...somebody that he should've made Canelo fight, in order to face him. At that time, Cotto was still on the A-side of things, because he and Floyd were involved in the 2nd highest selling PPV in boxing history.

NOW, Cotto went on to lose to Trout, which set him back. Look at what happened after that. Caneo not only went on to beat Trout, but he then went on to sell the NEW 2nd highest selling (and grossing) PPV in boxing, with that 2.2M PPV against Floyd. Again, if he goes to GBP at THIS very moment...chances are, he'll be on the B-side against Canelo (in regards to money and figures). That 2.2M aint goin' nowhere, so Miguel has to deal with that.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:56 PM