IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is scared of fighting Cotto!!! Even when May beat his ass..., Well.. according to Bob Arum
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 11:08 AM) *
Arum is a snake oil salesman. If he honestly believes that Cotto will NOW beat Mayweather then his age has truly caught up with him. Sad part is, again, people are buying into this shit. I haven't heard Cotto call out Mayweather, that should tell you something. If Cotto beats Martinez and even rematches Pac and wins then he an argument but even then, Floyd will still beat his ass. As Floyd gets older he seems to be getting better. We shall see...But if Cotto gets smoked by his next opponent Bob will be look like the old bitch he is.

When have u ever heard Cotto call anyone out? It's not his thing.

Lets not forget....arum is a promoter. It's his job to talk shit and promote his fighter. He doesn't promote them all equally.... But it's clear to me he's happy Cotto is back with him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 14 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #32

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 03:51 PM) *
I remember him mentioning a few names.

He said (paraphrasing) "Emmanuel...when I fought him, his name was Burton....but he changed his name to Augustus. He was the toughest fight...." He went on to talk about how his management team jerked him around, having him fight on short notice and for short money, etc. He never mentioned Cotto and I was listening for it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 14 2013, 02:58 PM) *
He said (paraphrasing) "Emmanuel...when I fought him, his name was Burton....but he changed his name to Augustus. He was the toughest fight...." He went on to talk about how his management team jerked him around, having him fight on short notice and for short money, etc. He never mentioned Cotto and I was listening for it.

Well...I remember him mentioning Cotto on more than one occasion since that fight. He stopped Augustus. He had to dig deeper and make more adjustments to beat Cotto IMO.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 11:54 AM) *
When have u ever heard Cotto call anyone out? It's not his thing.

Lets not forget....arum is a promoter. It's his job to talk shit and promote his fighter. He doesn't promote them all equally.... But it's clear to me he's happy Cotto is back with him.

He recently called out Martinez.

May has always said Augustus Burton was his hardest fight. The guy would not go down and he blooded Mayweather up pretty good. It was the first time I actually witnessed Mayweather get busted up that bad against a fighter. It was a great fight. I a great fight. Burton's heart was that of a lion and tiger that night. I think either Burton's corner or ref stop the fight, I can't remember which. Great fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 03:07 PM) *

May has always said Augustus Burton was his hardest fight. The guy would not go down and he blooded Mayweather up pretty good. It was the first time I actually witnessed Mayweather get busted up that bad against a fighter. It was a great fight. I a great fight. Burton's heart was that of a lion and tiger that night. I think either Burton's corner or ref stop the fight, I can't remember which. Great fight.

His corner stopped that fight. I saw it. It was not easy. Floyd tore off into him and was going to stop him. Outside of the one time Floyd stunned Cotto late...I never thought Floyd was going to stop Cotto. Cotto came right at him after being stunned.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 02:48 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) serves u right.

You gave her some false sense of power, she been showing out lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 03:10 PM) *
His corner stopped that fight. I saw it. It was not easy. Floyd tore off into him and was going to stop him. Outside of the one time Floyd stunned Cotto late...I never thought Floyd was going to stop Cotto. Cotto came right at him after being stunned.

That's because Miguel was falling forward lol...he stunned him again later in the same round and Cotto almost went down, Floyd just never goes for the kill shot

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 02:49 PM) *
He did get major props from me and serious fight fans for that but let's be honest...props don't pay bills.

Those were horrible style match ups and I don't know which one was worse but he looked awful in both but your right. Shane will fight whoever, he was a true champion

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 02:27 AM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 04:07 PM) *

His corner stopped it, the inside of his ear was swelling shut. They put on a good show that night for a prince card

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 15 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 15 2013, 12:27 AM) *
His corner stopped it, the inside of his ear was swelling shut. They put on a good show that night for a prince card

I wonder if May would of gotten the KO if they fight continued. I don't think he would of.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:27 PM