Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is this support or exploitation?
mitukczuk
post Oct 11 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Well I am quite supportive of the gay movement. I don't think it's that bad for them in the world, but I sure as hell know it's worse for them than it is for the heteros.

With that being said....I think this is too much. Shit's making you uncomfortable and he hasn't even put it on yet. I actually think it will have the same effect on the opponent as a red flag has on bulls. Moreso if Salido has a little issue with gays or whatnot..

Plus, what if Salido knocks him out? How would that look? It would be quite symbolic actually...You simply can't support something in such way, if there is a chance to be ridiculed, KOed....there is a high risk of a fail...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 12 2013, 01:49 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM) *
broner wore pink gloves didnt he...

QUOTE (Kratza @ Oct 11 2013, 04:59 PM) *
Because it was cancer awareness month

This. Cotto does it on occasion also but I believe his mom has breast cancer

I honestly don't mind it. But if you "tebow" your shit then i will criticize, by that I mean don't blow the shit out of proportion to make a name for yourself (which nowadays the media does with anything). Make a name for yourself by being the best boxer you can be.

I would rather know you as "that dope boxer who happens to be gay" than "that gay dude who happens to box".

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Oct 12 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

The guy is an entertainer and figured there are others like him scared to be who they are. I respect the man for coming out, I felt like many other people on here do about gay people until my cousin came out of the closet. Me and dude go back to capn crunch and voltron days. When you sit down with someone whose had to hide their sexuality from family and the world and honestly listen to the shhhh they've had to endure you look at things differently. Imagine if someone tomorrow said you are black and it's wrong to date white women, or you are white and can't date latinas..you'd be like wtf fck you. Also anyone who is a student of history knows that some of the most historically influential people to ever live were gay including Da Vinci who is responsible for so many of the things we today take for granted but help us not live like animals. Homosexuality predates the bible and was put in the bible because kings knew two men can't breed and breeding provides soldiers and without soldiers you cannot protect your kingdom. Anyone here who sat through 300 sat through the story of a bunch of gay soldiers...fyi..spartans were gay (Leonidas was gay as hell). Greece is the foundation of modern day society and go look at the top philosphers actual personal history, same for babylon...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 12 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 11 2013, 05:43 PM) *
I don't know if I'd say it's a publicity stunt, moreso that he's ceasing the moment to make a statement...now Jason Collins got the bad deal, ever since he came out don't know team want him. And the guy who got cut by the Ravens after he announced he was gay, still ain't found a team. He a young dude too. Shit is sad, stereotypes and phobias are kickin with a vengeance

Gay or not...he's been a bum his entire career. It would be more unjust if he DID get a roster spot than if he didn't.

The guy is an entertainer and figured there are others like him scared to be who they are. I respect the man for coming out, I felt like many other people on here do about gay people until my cousin came out of the closet. Me and dude go back to capn crunch and voltron days. When you sit down with someone whose had to hide their sexuality from family and the world and honestly listen to the shhhh they've had to endure you look at things differently. Imagine if someone tomorrow said you are black and it's wrong to date white women, or you are white and can't date latinas..you'd be like wtf fck you. Also anyone who is a student of history knows that some of the most historically influential people to ever live were gay including Da Vinci who is responsible for so many of the things we today take for granted but help us not live like animals. Homosexuality predates the bible and was put in the bible because kings knew two men can't breed and breeding provides soldiers and without soldiers you cannot protect your kingdom. Anyone here who sat through 300 sat through the story of a bunch of gay soldiers...fyi..spartans were gay (Leonidas was gay as hell). Greece is the foundation of modern day society and go look at the top philosphers actual personal history, same for babylon...

But I'm not anti-gay at all. And I don't find most of the regulars on this site to be either. I think you are misinterpreting the purpose of my post.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 12 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Gay or not...he's been a bum his entire career. It would be more unjust if he DID get a roster spot than if he didn't.

But I'm not anti-gay at all. And I don't find most of the regulars on this site to be either. I think you are misinterpreting the purpose of my post.

Exactly the guy ain't a hooper.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 15 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 12 2013, 09:03 PM) *
The guy is an entertainer and figured there are others like him scared to be who they are. I respect the man for coming out, I felt like many other people on here do about gay people until my cousin came out of the closet. Me and dude go back to capn crunch and [b]voltron days.[/b] When you sit down with someone whose had to hide their sexuality from family and the world and honestly listen to the shhhh they've had to endure you look at things differently. Imagine if someone tomorrow said you are black and it's wrong to date white women, or you are white and can't date latinas..you'd be like wtf fck you. Also anyone who is a student of history knows that some of the most historically influential people to ever live were gay including Da Vinci who is responsible for so many of the things we today take for granted but help us not live like animals. Homosexuality predates the bible and was put in the bible because kings knew two men can't breed and breeding provides soldiers and without soldiers you cannot protect your kingdom. Anyone here who sat through 300 sat through the story of a bunch of gay soldiers...fyi..spartans were gay (Leonidas was gay as hell). Greece is the foundation of modern day society and go look at the top philosphers actual personal history, same for babylon...

Got damn, how old are you??? Lol

I hear ya man, I hear ya. As for many guys around here, I haven't noticed anybody really downing gay people. Now...we may throw a couple of gay jokes around here and there (especially about Oscar), but I don't see any "hateful" gay stuff being posted.

I understand the gay movement (well, a little bit), but I'm not sure about some of the logic going on there...maybe it's not for me to understand though. The only have two problems with the gay community, but nothing that would make me "hate them"...well, maybe 3 problems, but hear me out here.

First, as far as gay men...again, be what you wanna be or what you feel/know you are. As annoying as flamboyant gay men are, I can respect them, because they've chosen who/what they are. As for the "down low" gay men, I mean c'mon, it's not cool. I understand that they dont wanna be ridiculed for who they are, but at the very least, PLEASE don't sleep with an innocent woman while you're actively sleeping with a man. I mean hell, that's kinda unfair that a guy can pass on "something" (read: disease) to an innocent woman, and she's thinking (while most other guys are thinking) that the dude is straight.

Men having sex with men, is the QUICKEST and EASIEST way to spread the "ultimate' disease. I mean, heterosexuals aren't innocent either, since some/most "sleep around", and judging by the diseases floating around here nowadays, nothing's truly safe.

The second issue, is the whole "they said something about gay people, make them pay" stance. As SOON as somebody says something about a gay person or their way of life, then comes the trouble. It's like the gay community wants to be accepted (which, for the most part, they have) and they're this "loving and accepting" group of people, but as soon as somebody says the wrong thing (which is usually from the person's personal and/or spiritual opinion), then suddenly, they're (the gay community), turns into a riot group.

Third, but most of all, the one that chaps my buns, is the religion stance. You have gay people (some) saying that, "I'm really a (insert gender here), but I was born a (insert gender here)". I dont understand, that...so you're praising God (who is PERFECT, by universal understand) but saying that he made a mistake with gender in the same breath? Im still a little lost here.

As soon as somebody hits them with the "homosexuality is a sin, an abomination, etc", then suddenly, they're saying that "God loves everybody", which is true, but this is the same guy who you pretty much inadvertently claimed, "made a mistake with your gender". We'll then hear from both sides, which testament that came from in the bible, etc...all of which is subjective, being that people read and interpret things in their own manner...sometimes, because they feel that they truly understand, and sometimes, to fit their agendas.

As for homosexuality, the whole "I was born this way" stuff, isn't as fitting anymore. At one point in time, it rung a bell, and pretty much told the public, "This is who God made me, sort it out with Him". I believe (don't take this as the gospel) that homosexuality has more to do with environment, rather than "I was born this way", but that's just my opinion. If you grew up around that type of stuff, been molested, etc., then I can understand.

Some people do it because they cultivated a taste for it, NOT because they were "born that way". In some cases, (women do it the most), people do it run away from their present situation. As a matter fo fact, I'll stick that stereotype to women, since that's the "new thing to do". When too many men have done a woman wrong, they run to a woman...women that "look, dress, and act" like the very thing that they're running from...men. I mean damn, some of these lesbians look like men that I KNOW these women wouldn't be caught dead with, so where's the excuse there?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter HOW MANY women fuck me over, there's no way in hell I'm gonna be hugged with some burly ass dude, because I cant "take it anymore" (from women). I'm sorry, but something has to be going through a woman's mind, to "go down on" another woman, and have sex with a woman (who portrays herself as a man). Again, no matter how many women do me wrong, I wont be hugged up with, going down on, or "giving and/or taking" from another man...something has to be going through your mind before all of that happens.

I was watching the Real World earlier this year, and there a brotha (or black dude), who decided to share his "homosexual experience" that he had with a man years before. The excuse was BS, period. He was an athlete (played football) and was into music (I believe he was in a band), so that's was the opening point of his story. He then said that he and a male friend were "bored and drinking", and "football was over" (the season was) and "music was over", and he had was pretty much idle, in regards to extra curricular activities.

He then said that he and the guy were "laying around chillin'", and they suddenly started having sex. C'mon, pleeeease! You dont just get "bored and drunk", then decide to have sex with a dude, sorry. Anyhow, that stuff seems to stem from an environmental standpoint, rather than the whole "I was born this way" excuse.

As for the whole religion standpoint, Im not using religion and "what the bible says" in order to down gay people...they are who they are. Truthfully, I cant stand "religious" people or "church-going" people...I only deal with truly spiritual people, very few, might I add. There are many "religious" people using the bible and church, to push their own agendas or "cushion" their sins.

For instance, I cant tell you how many women I have run into in the past few years, who get to know me, get comfortable, sleep with me (for a while), then start mentioning how we should "go to church together" and inquiring my "relationship with God" Uhhh...WTF??? It's almost like "going to church" or having a "relationship with God", is the prerequisite for "getting laid" nowadays. It's disgusting, and truthfully, a past relationship of mine (years ago), ended on those terms.

I hear and see (via social networks), women with their "man" (not married or anything), post, "I thank God for this man every day, and Im praying over our relationship, blah, blah, blah". Uhhhh...so what if that isn't God's plan? Aren't yall "fornicating"? To make matters worse, those same women have the nerve to JUDGE others and judge their relationship with God. Go figure.

With all of this said, I don't HATE gay people (though I dont understand some of their logic) and I don't rely on "religion" or "religious people" to tell me what to believe, when I have eyes, ears, and a mind, to interpret the same information as them.

PS: Im at work, and I didn't do a spell check. Forgive me. Lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 15 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 15 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Got damn, how old are you??? Lol

I hear ya man, I hear ya. As for many guys around here, I haven't noticed anybody really downing gay people. Now...we may throw a couple of gay jokes around here and there (especially about Oscar), but I don't see any "hateful" gay stuff being posted.

I understand the gay movement (well, a little bit), but I'm not sure about some of the logic going on there...maybe it's not for me to understand though. The only have two problems with the gay community, but nothing that would make me "hate them"...well, maybe 3 problems, but hear me out here.

First, as far as gay men...again, be what you wanna be or what you feel/know you are. As annoying as flamboyant gay men are, I can respect them, because they've chosen who/what they are. As for the "down low" gay men, I mean c'mon, it's not cool. I understand that they dont wanna be ridiculed for who they are, but at the very least, PLEASE don't sleep with an innocent woman while you're actively sleeping with a man. I mean hell, that's kinda unfair that a guy can pass on "something" (read: disease) to an innocent woman, and she's thinking (while most other guys are thinking) that the dude is straight.

Men having sex with men, is the QUICKEST and EASIEST way to spread the "ultimate' disease. I mean, heterosexuals aren't innocent either, since some/most "sleep around", and judging by the diseases floating around here nowadays, nothing's truly safe.

The second issue, is the whole "they said something about gay people, make them pay" stance. As SOON as somebody says something about a gay person or their way of life, then comes the trouble. It's like the gay community wants to be accepted (which, for the most part, they have) and they're this "loving and accepting" group of people, but as soon as somebody says the wrong thing (which is usually from the person's personal and/or spiritual opinion), then suddenly, they're (the gay community), turns into a riot group.

Third, but most of all, the one that chaps my buns, is the religion stance. You have gay people (some) saying that, "I'm really a (insert gender here), but I was born a (insert gender here)". I dont understand, that...so you're praising God (who is PERFECT, by universal understand) but saying that he made a mistake with gender in the same breath? Im still a little lost here.

As soon as somebody hits them with the "homosexuality is a sin, an abomination, etc", then suddenly, they're saying that "God loves everybody", which is true, but this is the same guy who you pretty much inadvertently claimed, "made a mistake with your gender". We'll then hear from both sides, which testament that came from in the bible, etc...all of which is subjective, being that people read and interpret things in their own manner...sometimes, because they feel that they truly understand, and sometimes, to fit their agendas.

As for homosexuality, the whole "I was born this way" stuff, isn't as fitting anymore. At one point in time, it rung a bell, and pretty much told the public, "This is who God made me, sort it out with Him". I believe (don't take this as the gospel) that homosexuality has more to do with environment, rather than "I was born this way", but that's just my opinion. If you grew up around that type of stuff, been molested, etc., then I can understand.

Some people do it because they cultivated a taste for it, NOT because they were "born that way". In some cases, (women do it the most), people do it run away from their present situation. As a matter fo fact, I'll stick that stereotype to women, since that's the "new thing to do". When too many men have done a woman wrong, they run to a woman...women that "look, dress, and act" like the very thing that they're running from...men. I mean damn, some of these lesbians look like men that I KNOW these women wouldn't be caught dead with, so where's the excuse there?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter HOW MANY women fuck me over, there's no way in hell I'm gonna be hugged with some burly ass dude, because I cant "take it anymore" (from women). I'm sorry, but something has to be going through a woman's mind, to "go down on" another woman, and have sex with a woman (who portrays herself as a man). Again, no matter how many women do me wrong, I wont be hugged up with, going down on, or "giving and/or taking" from another man...something has to be going through your mind before all of that happens.

I was watching the Real World earlier this year, and there a brotha (or black dude), who decided to share his "homosexual experience" that he had with a man years before. The excuse was BS, period. He was an athlete (played football) and was into music (I believe he was in a band), so that's was the opening point of his story. He then said that he and a male friend were "bored and drinking", and "football was over" (the season was) and "music was over", and he had was pretty much idle, in regards to extra curricular activities.

He then said that he and the guy were "laying around chillin'", and they suddenly started having sex. C'mon, pleeeease! You dont just get "bored and drunk", then decide to have sex with a dude, sorry. Anyhow, that stuff seems to stem from an environmental standpoint, rather than the whole "I was born this way" excuse.

As for the whole religion standpoint, Im not using religion and "what the bible says" in order to down gay people...they are who they are. Truthfully, I cant stand "religious" people or "church-going" people...I only deal with truly spiritual people, very few, might I add. There are many "religious" people using the bible and church, to push their own agendas or "cushion" their sins.

For instance, I cant tell you how many women I have run into in the past few years, who get to know me, get comfortable, sleep with me (for a while), then start mentioning how we should "go to church together" and inquiring my "relationship with God" Uhhh...WTF??? It's almost like "going to church" or having a "relationship with God", is the prerequisite for "getting laid" nowadays. It's disgusting, and truthfully, a past relationship of mine (years ago), ended on those terms.

I hear and see (via social networks), women with their "man" (not married or anything), post, "I thank God for this man every day, and Im praying over our relationship, blah, blah, blah". Uhhhh...so what if that isn't God's plan? Aren't yall "fornicating"? To make matters worse, those same women have the nerve to JUDGE others and judge their relationship with God. Go figure.

With all of this said, I don't HATE gay people (though I dont understand some of their logic) and I don't rely on "religion" or "religious people" to tell me what to believe, when I have eyes, ears, and a mind, to interpret the same information as them.

PS: Im at work, and I didn't do a spell check. Forgive me. Lol

Phenomenal post CShel. Ultimately, you have the right to be, screw and believe whoever and whatever you want. It is not my right to impede on your life. That said, I should have the right to disagree with what you do or be disgusted by it as long as I'm not disrespecting or stopping you from being who you feel you are. I won't group all people into one, because I hate that myself. That said, I hate when some people act like if you don't applaud all things gay then you are a homophobe. I have the right to cringe my face if I see two Grizzly Adams looking motherfuckers kissing just as much as they have the right to kiss. I cringe when I see an ugly heterosexual couple kiss. Shit, I cringe when I see people eat mayo and drink milk. Does that make me a Mayophobe?

I also don't like the new trend where saying anything remotely considered close toderogatory toward gay people is like blasphemy. For instance...the Roy Hibbert "no homo" situation. CLEARLY he wasn't taking a shot at all gay people. I'm from NYC. We've been saying Pause and No Homo for over a decade. It's basically the equivalent of "that's what she said." But because people feel like they have to show how supportive they are, all things non supportive are these horrendously egregious acts of hatred. Cmon man. Thousands of dollars in a fine for saying "no homo"? Know how many players, refs, coaches etc. say nigger during the course of a game? Ever sit ringside at a basketball game? Any of them get fined?

End of the day, "what you eat don't make me shit." Do you. But in return, allow me to do me. I just posted this to see you guys reaction. I just thought Cruz was a bit over the top. He looked like a walking stereotype. Put it like this, if someone said "Cruz should come to the ring in some pink gloves and rainbow colored trunks" would they not have been vilified? Be honest.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 15 2013, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 15 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Phenomenal post CShel. Ultimately, you have the right to be, screw and believe whoever and whatever you want. It is not my right to impede on your life. That said, I should have the right to disagree with what you do or be disgusted by it as long as I'm not disrespecting or stopping you from being who you feel you are. I won't group all people into one, because I hate that myself. That said, I hate when some people act like if you don't applaud all things gay then you are a homophobe. I have the right to cringe my face if I see two Grizzly Adams looking motherfuckers kissing just as much as they have the right to kiss. I cringe when I see an ugly heterosexual couple kiss. Shit, I cringe when I see people eat mayo and drink milk. Does that make me a Mayophobe?

I also don't like the new trend where saying anything remotely considered close toderogatory toward gay people is like blasphemy. For instance...the Roy Hibbert "no homo" situation. CLEARLY he wasn't taking a shot at all gay people. I'm from NYC. We've been saying Pause and No Homo for over a decade. It's basically the equivalent of "that's what she said." But because people feel like they have to show how supportive they are, all things non supportive are these horrendously egregious acts of hatred. Cmon man. Thousands of dollars in a fine for saying "no homo"? Know how many players, refs, coaches etc. say nigger during the course of a game? Ever sit ringside at a basketball game? Any of them get fined?

End of the day, "what you eat don't make me shit." Do you. But in return, allow me to do me. I just posted this to see you guys reaction. I just thought Cruz was a bit over the top. He looked like a walking stereotype. Put it like this, if someone said "Cruz should come to the ring in some pink gloves and rainbow colored trunks" would they not have been vilified? Be honest.

Yeah, that "no homo" situation went too damn far, but I guess they were going to make an example of him. They did the same thing with Isaiah Washington while they were shooting a show...I believe it was Grey's Anatomy, but I remember him using the word "faggot" when referring to one of his cast members. Im not sure how he used "faggot", whether he said "you're acting like a faggot" or what, but he did say it, and was fired. Im not even sure if he knew that the guy was gay, but that same dude ended up "coming out" shortly afterwards.

Fact is, it's gone too far. You cant say ANYTHING nowadays, without somebody getting offended. The "sympathy card" is being used to no ends, and playing the victim has made people famous. I agree with you, seeing gay people kiss is not the best site in the world, but Im also in the boat of not even wanting to see heteros kiss...I mean get a room or find a corner or some shit. Lol

I'm sure somebody would've been crucified (mainly a boxer or public figure), had they suggested that Cruz walk to the ring with pink gloves and "colored" trunks. Hell, if any public figure would've suggested the same for ANY athlete, actor, etc., that lived that lifestyle, then it would've been some mess...they just better say it in a nice way. Lol

I'm more concerned with saying derogatory, offensive, etc. terms with people with disabilities (mental and physical), than I am concerned with censoring what I say about gay people. Thing is, it may just be a joke that I spew from time to time, but you'll never hear me say, "I hate fags!" or nothin' crazy like that...totally unnecessary.

I know that's its a dead end street, to try and compare the trials of being homosexual with the trials of being black, but you cant control your race...you CAN control your lifestyle. Again, for those who've been molested...they have the freedom (and right) to be the way they are...but this whole, "I was born this way" or "I've been hurt too many times by (insert gender here)" is BS.

As I mentioned earlier, something has to be going through your head to engage in sexual activity with the same sex...its not because you've been "hurt too much" by the opposite sex. I would had to have cultivated a taste for another man's meat in my mouth, not because I was "born that way" or been "hurt too much". Just typing that very sentence, was, well...too much to swallow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Forgive my jerk-like antics! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 16 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 15 2013, 10:49 AM) *

And then when they breakup with the dude, it's fuck him and fuck all dudes. That always trips me out because these women on these social media sites will throw it in your face like they really doing something but when that breakup happens, they be on 10 going at their ex and men in general. That's why I don't really care for the Facebook's and the Twitter's and the Instagrams, I have social media profiles but I don't do those status updates because people be putting too much of their personal business out there....damn hypocrites. Now you feel dumb and wanna mask it by going on a tirade on social media after you flaunted the relationship

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 16 2013, 04:25 PM) *
And then when they breakup with the dude, it's fuck him and fuck all dudes. That always trips me out because these women on these social media sites will throw it in your face like they really doing something but when that breakup happens, they be on 10 going at their ex and men in general. That's why I don't really care for the Facebook's and the Twitter's and the Instagrams, I have social media profiles but I don't do those status updates because people be putting too much of their personal business out there....damn hypocrites. Now you feel dumb and wanna mask it by going on a tirade on social media after you flaunted the relationship

It's embarrassing to say the least. I've hit a couple of chicks that came off with those social media, "look at my new relationship", front jobs. Those are some of the unhappiest women, if I must say so myself. I had to tell a chick that I was dating years ago, to chill with that "look at me" stuff on Facebook.

She would post pictures of me, with captions along the lines of, "This is my man", "He's my everything, my world, etc". I like, "c'mon girl, you're putting too much pressure on this relationship...something that it doesn't even need.

I HATE when they go on that "he aint shit" spree after the break-up, but I'll admit...I usually pull out my popcorn and enjoy the tomfoolery! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Has any chick hit you with the "we need to start going to church together" nonsense? I mean seriously, this is how it would go...we'd both take showers, turn the lights out, get in the bed, SHE'D get on her knees and pray for a good 10 mins, I'll lay in the bed (thinking of what moves I'm getting ready to do on her), she'd get in the bed...then it gets POPPIN'.

How much sense did that even make? If you say, "none", then you're absolutely correct! I mean damn girl, did you just repent in advance, or did you already know that you were gonna sleep with me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:44 PM