> Update: Broner-Maidana Showtime lineup announced, Dec 14th-No Longer PPV
Gambit808
post Oct 13 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 13 2013, 06:23 PM) *
This is very true! I will say though, Golden Boy has shown the ability to adjust pretty quickly. I almost feel spoiled with Golden Boy cards in comparison to Top Prank

Can't deny that. It would be tough to out do what's already set at this point though. This is Chrismas come early for boxing fans.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 13 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #12

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 13 2013, 05:23 PM) *
This is very true! I will say though, Golden Boy has shown the ability to adjust pretty quickly. I almost feel spoiled with Golden Boy cards in comparison to Top Prank

It's really becoming embarrassing for Bob when Marquez, Cotto and Manny are gone he'll be Don King.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 14 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 13 2013, 03:36 AM) *
I would have made Trout -Angulo and Ponce vs Russell instead of putting Carlos Molina on another ppv.

Trout is fighting Lara on the undercard of Malinaggi Judah- another nice card. Sheesh golden boy wiping their asses on TR/HBO

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 14 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Oh Lord, my girlfriend's birthday is on the 13th of Dec., which is a Friday. Hopefully I can celebrate with her on Friday, and she can GTFO outta my way on the 14th...these are the times that you hope her henpecking homegirls try to "celebrate all weekend" and take her away from you. Lol

The joys of not being single anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) I'll take her out of town the weekend before that, which means I'll miss the Judah/Paulie and Trout/Lara card, so I AINT missin' two weekends of boxing. LOL

Pretty good card though! As Gambit mentioned, cards like these tend to break and rebuild several times before the fight date.

Some of that I think, is "just how it goes" and somewhere along the lines, I think promoters read all of the buzz for one of the fights, and an "injury" occurs.

One of them gets hurts, pulls out of the fight, and a "new date" is set (read: "initially, we didn't have much confidence in this fight, but now that the buzz has grown, we'll make it an independent card and make more money off of it").

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The Ortiz and Molina fight will still the show, Ortiz wants back in the good graces of the public and GB. He will bring a show and it will be a great fight. Thurman should knock out Soto and I have no idea how The Maidana and Broner fight will go. I am leaning towards AB but anything can happen in boxing.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 14 2013, 02:52 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 13 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Nice lineup of fights, definitely better then that crap last night, I'm glad I didn't pay for that but this one will get my money for sure

why was it crap? was decent night of boxing

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 14 2013, 02:52 PM) *

I don't like the way TR puts their undercards together but I did like the Lomanchenko fight...didn't care for the Cruz-Salido one though...but i didn't complain when he got put on queen street (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The last TR PPV I actually purchased was Pacquiao-Mosley, I refuse to pay for their cards. That card was one of the worse I've ever seen and in just decided not to buy them anymore until they improve

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 13 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Can't deny that. It would be tough to out do what's already set at this point though. This is Chrismas come early for boxing fans.

I'm sayin

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 14 2013, 03:52 PM) *

Mg is on the right page. I thought salido and Cruz put on a good show and the marquez Bradley fight was a good chess match, too bad us Mexicans are better at checkers and dominos or else marquez would have done better lol

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 15 2013, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 15 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 14 2013, 04:35 PM) *
I don't like the way TR puts their undercards together but I did like the Lomanchenko fight...didn't care for the Cruz-Salido one though...but i didn't complain when he got put on queen street (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The last TR PPV I actually purchased was Pacquiao-Mosley, I refuse to pay for their cards. That card was one of the worse I've ever seen and in just decided not to buy them anymore until they improve

Nice one

Lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 15 2013, 03:24 AM) *
I'm sayin

Mg is on the right page. I thought salido and Cruz put on a good show and the marquez Bradley fight was a good chess match, too bad us Mexicans are better at checkers and dominos or else marquez would have done better lol

Asshole!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 23 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 13 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Stacked cards like this have proven in recent past to never go through as first announced, but we'll see what happens from here until fight night. (fingers crossed)

Have to bump this thread and take a bow, you're absolutely correct.

Looks like the IBF wont sanction Molina vs Ortiz...and I say, THANK GOD! Now, the IBF can keep boring ass Molina and their piece of shit title, who cares. At this point, I'd be happy to see Ortiz/Mosley, and Molina can go jerk off somewhere else.

Im telling you, I felt so cheated out of my money, while Molina and Smith held no punches with boring my company during that last Mayweather card. The last decent Molina fight that I saw, was the Kirkland fight, then he fought some dude on FNFs a few months ago.

I can do without Molina, Smith, and the IBF. Again, who cares about these stupid titles anyway? You're either the interim champ, super champ, silver, champ, gold champ, regular champ, runner up, almost your time, or half-assed champ...and that's all under one title belt. Who has time to keep up with that? Lol

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:26 AM