> Update: Broner-Maidana Showtime lineup announced, Dec 14th-No Longer PPV
checkleft
post Oct 31 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 12:28 AM) *
Damn man, first the Molina fight fell thru now the Gomez fight. GB gon have to pull a rabbit out they hat if they want Ortiz on the card still

I think ortiz wants to campaign at 154 to try and fish out a canelo pay day... But I'm eyeing him vs guerrero or the winner of Thurman vs karass.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 30 2013, 01:11 AM) *
I don't think shane is under gbp anymore. But the only gbp fighter I know of turning fights down is guerrero.

I dont think he is either, but he's sure been partnering up with them for his last few fights. Me thinks that he's gonna weasel his way back into their good graces, but is there any room to split money with him nowadays? Hell, he may have one of these fly by night promotional companies (Sugar Shane Promotions, or something equally corny), but due to his shaky sense of business throughout his career, I believe he'll want to be back in full business with them again.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2013, 12:14 AM) *
Well gomez is out of the card (injured hand)...

It always seems like Gomez gets "hurt" right before fights that truly mean something to his career. It's awkward that he's live and healthy for the Shawn Porters of the world, but when it comes to Ortiz, J. Vargas, etc., he's "injured". He even complained of going into the Canelo fight with injuries...dude is so wishy washy. Smh

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 01:28 AM) *
Damn man, first the Molina fight fell thru now the Gomez fight. GB gon have to pull a rabbit out they hat if they want Ortiz on the card still

They'll probably set up the Mosley fight. I think that the announcement of him fighting Gomez, was supposed to wake the fans up. Now that it fell through, I guess a Mosley fight, would be better than a Gomez fight, or some tomato can to shake the rust off.

The funny thing is, they could do an Ortiz/Lopez rematch on this card (IF it was still PPV), and the winner could fight the winner of Maidana/Broner. Even that's a weird situation, but it could actually work out. Broner needs names like Lopez and Ortiz on his resume, besides, the Lopez fight may be competitive, or a decent test for him at WW. An Ortiz fight would be just as good. Maidana on the other hand, doesn't need a Lopez rematch, but an Ortiz rematch would be just as explosive. Who knows though...hope GBP isn't reading this, cause Im almost sure I wont get a my cut, if they make it happen. Lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 31 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #53

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If Guerrero was smart, he'd take that fight. It's a very winnable;e fight but it will be exciting enough for him to build a fan base. Looks like Guerrero has his mind set on Pacquiao though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 31 2013, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2013, 09:58 AM) *
I dont think he is either, but he's sure been partnering up with them for his last few fights. Me thinks that he's gonna weasel his way back into their good graces, but is there any room to split money with him nowadays? Hell, he may have one of these fly by night promotional companies (Sugar Shane Promotions, or something equally corny), but due to his shaky sense of business throughout his career, I believe he'll want to be back in full business with them again.

It always seems like Gomez gets "hurt" right before fights that truly mean something to his career. It's awkward that he's live and healthy for the Shawn Porters of the world, but when it comes to Ortiz, J. Vargas, etc., he's "injured". He even complained of going into the Canelo fight with injuries...dude is so wishy washy. Smh

They'll probably set up the Mosley fight. I think that the announcement of him fighting Gomez, was supposed to wake the fans up. Now that it fell through, I guess a Mosley fight, would be better than a Gomez fight, or some tomato can to shake the rust off.

The funny thing is, they could do an Ortiz/Lopez rematch on this card (IF it was still PPV), and the winner could fight the winner of Maidana/Broner. Even that's a weird situation, but it could actually work out. Broner needs names like Lopez and Ortiz on his resume, besides, the Lopez fight may be competitive, or a decent test for him at WW. An Ortiz fight would be just as good. Maidana on the other hand, doesn't need a Lopez rematch, but an Ortiz rematch would be just as explosive. Who knows though...hope GBP isn't reading this, cause Im almost sure I wont get a my cut, if they make it happen. Lol

Victor and Shane would be a pretty good fight to make. The problem is if Shane is willing to stop having these big delusions that he's an in demand fighter. He's not elite anymore and he's turning down opportunities to prove that he has something left.

At some point Ortiz and Lopez have to rematch, that fight has to happen.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 31 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #55

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Victor and Shane would be a pretty good fight to make. The problem is if Shane is willing to stop having these big delusions that he's an in demand fighter. He's not elite anymore and he's turning down opportunities to prove that he has something left.

At some point Ortiz and Lopez have to rematch, that fight has to happen.

I totally agree. I don't know if you guys ever watch Mike Epps but in one of his stand up specials he describes his cousin. His cousin sells Mike nickel bags out of a briefcase and tells Mike to put the money on the ground because the feds are watching. As Mike Epps said "ain't nobody watching you motherfucker." While Shane has a very extensive resume', Shane has also been turning his nose up to opponents his entire career. He needs to realize the Floyd's and Paulies of the world no longer need his old, crusty ass. He needs to put it on one of these young thundercats if he plans on boxing much longer because nobody is clamoring for another Sergio Mora fight lol

I also agree about Lopez and Ortiz. It would answer a lot of questions for both fighters.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 31 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 12:52 PM) *
I totally agree. I don't know if you guys ever watch Mike Epps but in one of his stand up specials he describes his cousin. His cousin sells Mike nickel bags out of a briefcase and tells Mike to put the money on the ground because the feds are watching. As Mike Epps said "ain't nobody watching you motherfucker." While Shane has a very extensive resume', Shane has also been turning his nose up to opponents his entire career. He needs to realize the Floyd's and Paulies of the world no longer need his old, crusty ass. He needs to put it on one of these young thundercats if he plans on boxing much longer because nobody is clamoring for another Sergio Mora fight lol

I also agree about Lopez and Ortiz. It would answer a lot of questions for both fighters.

That standup is awesome

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 12:52 PM) *

I remember that, Epps is that dude. I strongly recommend going to see him live. His shows are awesome. As for Mosley, you right he needs to mix it up with the new wave of fighters. I really think there are some fight that he can be involved in to raise his profile again. Now winning is another story but he should take a page out of Judah's book. Zab wins some and loses some but he's always in the mix and that's because he's willing to fight these young bulls in order to get to where he needs to go

Idk where Mosley got the notion that beating the Cano's and possibly the Mundine's of then world would earn him fights with Miguel again and/or Mayweather Jr again. He trying to take shortcuts and even that ain't working for him

Ortiz and Lopez II would produce even more fireworks. I wanna lean towards Victor but he's so unpredictable and Josesito doesn't lay down for nobody. We need to see.if a Victor can overcome at least one of his demons

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 31 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #58

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

How many just want Broner to lose by having a fighting punch his lights out just to shut his mouth? I am one of those people. Adrian's a bad Mayweather clone. But my hatred of Floyd has mellowed considerably because he goes about professional business in the ring, and his prison time has mellowed him. Additionally, Floyd makes some good intelligent comments about boxing, and is doing more good things now. Broner is nowhere near Floyd in terms of talent or quality of opposition. But he's delusional cuz he THINKS he's the second coming of Floyd.

"The problem" is a problem cuz he's like a bee in everybody's ass that deserves to get smashed. Do you guys think Maidana can do it?

This is one of the best big "non-PPV" cards to come about for awhile!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 1 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

Holy shit broner looks out of shape.. dude better be careful or hes gonna end up looking like pops

This post has been edited by checkleft: Nov 1 2013, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 31 2013, 08:48 PM) *
How many just want Broner to lose by having a fighting punch his lights out just to shut his mouth? I am one of those people. Adrian's a bad Mayweather clone. But my hatred of Floyd has mellowed considerably because he goes about professional business in the ring, and his prison time has mellowed him. Additionally, Floyd makes some good intelligent comments about boxing, and is doing more good things now. Broner is nowhere near Floyd in terms of talent or quality of opposition. But he's delusional cuz he THINKS he's the second coming of Floyd.

"The problem" is a problem cuz he's like a bee in everybody's ass that deserves to get smashed. Do you guys think Maidana can do it?

This is one of the best big "non-PPV" cards to come about for awhile!

Jack

Yup, Maidana has a very good chance to beat Broner. Garcia has tweaked his style just enough to make him more of a threat then he already was. His patience and Garcia has him placing his punches well. Broner is going to have to use his skill and he can't stand in front of Maidana

I still think Broner will best him because people keep forgetting that Marcos doesn't have an iron chin and he gets dropped from body shots like his lower half is made up of jello. I think since Adrien is more skilled then Marcos and he's fast and heavy handed, that he's going to spell trouble for Maidana

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:15 AM