IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When Tim's contract is up with Top Rank, is Golden Boy on the horizon?, (Title Edited For Clarity.)
mrchitown
post Oct 13 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 13 2013, 12:50 PM) *
tim isn't leaving top rank, he can make 5 mill per fight with TR, why leave and take a L to mayweather? what other fighter for goldenboy is making 4 or 5 mill per fight? TR is smart they pay you more, Canelo got 5 mill for fighting mayweather Tim bradley got 4.1 last night and he is not even a draw.

Cole? You stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 13 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 13 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Why?

He said it doesn't make financial sense to do a rematch between Bradley-Pacquiao because the first one bombed and he said he thinks it would be a hard fight to sell to the public and he thinks it would be a hard fight to get the fighters to agree to. When he said that in took it as if Manny feels he won and doesn't see a need for a rematch. He said as much after he was asked another question about it. He basically told the reporter that he still doesn't agree with the scoring of the fight

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 13 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 13 2013, 05:44 PM) *
I'm also annoyed by the subliminal shots at Floyd. Not even because I'm a Mayweather fan. But it's so past tense now. He left HBO. Get over it. Constantly taking these Facebook-esque subliminal shots is just proving how important he was to your network. They love to go on about who he won't fight and how boring his fights are but he took on the best 154 lber in the world and HBO has had a series of snoozefest bouts lol. Mayweather is P4P #1. Bradley is undefeated. Marquez knocked Pacquiao out and it wasn't a lucky punch. And lastly, whatever movie you bought those 3D looking glasses for is never coming out. Time to move on lol

What shots?

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 13 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #24

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 13 2013, 08:27 PM) *
What shots?

He said he was shocked that Floyd took Canelo fight and said if it happens after it was already signed, he said some others something like Floyd not wanting this Cotto or if this Cotto had fought Floyd.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 13 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #25

Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 13 2013, 06:23 PM) *
He said it doesn't make financial sense to do a rematch between Bradley-Pacquiao because the first one bombed and he said he thinks it would be a hard fight to sell to the public and he thinks it would be a hard fight to get the fighters to agree to. When he said that in took it as if Manny feels he won and doesn't see a need for a rematch. He said as much after he was asked another question about it. He basically told the reporter that he still doesn't agree with the scoring of the fight

It's funny people act like Guerrero vs Floyd bombed but the Original number for Bradley was like 800,000 much less than Guerrero.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 13 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #26

Flyweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 13 2013, 05:00 PM) *
The maximum payment Hbo or showtime will make to a non-ppv event is $2.5 million dollars and that's to the star, the A-Side fighter. So yes Bradley could easily get 3 million to fight Rios, Provodnikov, etc. He made over 2 million to fight Provodnikov and that was not ppv..now he's going to get a taste of a ppv check and even if it's small buy numbers it still pumps up his purse a bit more. He doesn't have a fan base but heck 250k to 400k buys isn't exactly bad it's a million bucks to him on top of his purse at worst. Plus HBO needs all the events they can get since Showtime is killing it right now. Bradley vs Mayweather isn't a fight Showtime would be interested in though..I think it does number pretty close to whatever the Guerrero vs Mayweather fight did and that was a loss for Showtime.

You know I could never find the Ruslan purse, if Bradley made 2 million I'd be shocked but if it's true, they are flushing money down the toilet. I like Tim but no way he deserves that much.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Oct 13 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #27

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I wouldn't want a Bradley vs Floyd fight, at least not yet. Floyd said he has at least 4 fights left, so a Bradley fight could maybe work as his last fight. But not now.

At this point Bradley would have to solidify his position by beating 2 more convincing opponents, before moving in to a possible Floyd fight, only then would there be a huge draw.

I like Bradley's performance against Marquez. It's the right direction for him. I hope he continues his 'new style' in the ring.

Also I wouldn't want to see undefeated Black fighters cancel each other out right now. There are a lot of Mexican fighters out there that guys like Floyd, Bradley, Broner, and Rigondeaux can beat and give losses to. So they all should continue fighting Mexicans and give those Mexicans the L.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 13 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 13 2013, 08:43 PM) *
He said he was shocked that Floyd took Canelo fight and said if it happens after it was already signed, he said some others something like Floyd not wanting this Cotto or if this Cotto had fought Floyd.

lmao and smh

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 13 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 13 2013, 09:42 PM) *
lmao and smh

Indeed lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 13 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Oct 13 2013, 09:14 PM) *
I wouldn't want a Bradley vs Floyd fight, at least not yet. Floyd said he has at least 4 fights left, so a Bradley fight could maybe work as his last fight. But not now.

At this point Bradley would have to solidify his position by beating 2 more convincing opponents, before moving in to a possible Floyd fight, only then would there be a huge draw.

I like Bradley's performance against Marquez. It's the right direction for him. I hope he continues his 'new style' in the ring.

Also I wouldn't want to see undefeated Black fighters cancel each other out right now. There are a lot of Mexican fighters out there that guys like Floyd, Bradley, Broner, and Rigondeaux can beat and give losses to. So they all should continue fighting Mexicans and give those Mexicans the L.

Bradley will never draw. The same way Andre Ward will never draw, that is a horrible choice for his last fight. He should go out fighting a legacy type fight, I'm of the opinion that his last fight may surprise us all but if it was Tim financial wise it doesn't make sense. Whether some like it or not he has wins over Marquez and Pacquiao, he's earned his shot at Floyd now as opposed to later, but we won't see this fight no time soon unless Arum magically grows a good conscience

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:28 PM