IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When Tim's contract is up with Top Rank, is Golden Boy on the horizon?, (Title Edited For Clarity.)
NoCatchweights
post Oct 15 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #51

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 15 2013, 03:58 PM) *
Is that why arum robbed manny against bradley?

If Arum ordered a suitcase of cash sent to CJ Ross for a Bradley win he did it to create a star, if Bradley got embarrassed by Manny and lost straight up his Ruslan fight wouldn't have been big, his Marquez fight wouldn't have been as big, his likely fight with Ruslan vs Alvarado fight wouldn't be as big and if he wins that he'll have another big fight vs Manny or Rios. So by Bradley winning Bob got 4 more big fights at least..

I think it was actually Manny coasting the last 3 rounds and everyone acting like he didn't, I had it 8-4 Manny not 11-1 like HBO had it I believe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 15 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Is that why arum robbed manny against bradley?

And then he gave chavez his extension with the martinez fight and I believe the same happened to rigo with donaire.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 15 2013, 06:44 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 15 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #53

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Hmmmmmm

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 15 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #54

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 15 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Wow. That sounds like a brilliant plan. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he's done that before...Oh wait...

You hit the nail on the head bnoles. Arum will probably do exactly that if Bradley gets any real buzz around him. Only way I see Bradley being able to make a clean break from Top Rank any time soon, without much resistance, is if he continues to beat Arum's cash cows in non-spectacular fashion. Sad part is, he'll probably be even more blatant with it. He had to put up a front with Manny and stab him in the back. I think he'll shank Bradley's career face to face.

Naw....only way Arum let's him go, is if he looses. Arum, as crass a MF as he is, he's not stupid, but he is vindictive. If he thinks GBP and/or Haymon can do work w/ Tim, he sure as shit isn't letting him walk. They don't call him the "Bobfather" for nathan.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 15 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #55

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 15 2013, 10:01 AM) *
That's my biggest concern. Will Bradley reveal his future plans too early and how will it affect his career? If Arum knows he's going to bolt, expect to see him screw Tim over. Tim should play it cool and keep his intentions to his self

Bob has a plan A thru C for Bradley...all of which, center around not allowing Tim to fly the coop for GBP nor Haymon.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 15 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 15 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Bob has a plan A thru C for Bradley...all of which, center around not allowing Tim to fly the coop for GBP nor Haymon.

His hate for Haymon is deep

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 15 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #57

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just don't think Arum values Bradley as much as you guys...but I could be wrong.

Also, what fight at Top Rank would be worth Tim sticking around for? I think a majority of people decided they felt he lost the Pacquiao fight but I'd bet an even larger majority really doesn't care to see a rematch.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 16 2013, 12:18 AM) *
I just don't think Arum values Bradley as much as you guys...but I could be wrong.

Also, what fight at Top Rank would be worth Tim sticking around for? I think a majority of people decided they felt he lost the Pacquiao fight but I'd bet an even larger majority really doesn't care to see a rematch.

With the foot movement he showed in the marquez fight he could beat pac in a rematch. But its sad because people like haymon and gbp give American fighters a good buzz especially cali fighters. I mean Bradley isn't a boring fighter, imagine him in Carson at the home depot outdoor stadium for those of you that have been there, the place is electric!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 16 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #59

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 15 2013, 05:52 PM) *
If Arum ordered a suitcase of cash sent to CJ Ross for a Bradley win he did it to create a star, if Bradley got embarrassed by Manny and lost straight up his Ruslan fight wouldn't have been big, his Marquez fight wouldn't have been as big, his likely fight with Ruslan vs Alvarado fight wouldn't be as big and if he wins that he'll have another big fight vs Manny or Rios. So by Bradley winning Bob got 4 more big fights at least..

I think it was actually Manny coasting the last 3 rounds and everyone acting like he didn't, I had it 8-4 Manny not 11-1 like HBO had it I believe.

Duane Ford was the other judge who had Bradley winning over Pacquiao. I had it 7-4-1 for Manny or 8-4. HBO's near-shutout for Manny was just as bad as Bradley taking the win.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 16 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #60

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

My take on the Bradley vs Pacquiao fight was that Manny won, but by NO means did he dominate or even look good doing it. I thought he looked just as bad if not worse than when he fought Shane Mosley. His footwork and ring generalship was atrocious. He wasted punches and he failed to cut off the ring all night long. So I'm with Jack. Bradley getting the W was bad but the overhyped Broadcasting Blowjob Lampley and crew gave Manny was bad too. I vividly remember watching that fight at my boy's crib with some friends and me being the only person who could stay awake (barely). When the fight ended and I told them Bradley won, they were in shock. That said, it was by no means a performance Manny Pacquiao should be proud of.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:52 AM