IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When Tim's contract is up with Top Rank, is Golden Boy on the horizon?, (Title Edited For Clarity.)
Dolimite
post Oct 16 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 15 2013, 07:55 PM) *
His hate for Haymon is deep

You think two Harvard Alumns could work together. I think Arum sees Haymon as a real threat to his empire. Hell, even Paulie M. is thinking about signing with Arum.

Arum doesn't give two rats shits about Tim Bradley or Rigondeaux for that matter. he only sees money with Mexican and Asian fighters, which is why he goes so hard for them. His economics are correct because both ethnic groups support their own. If Bradley were to leave Top Rank next year, Bob will make it hell for him to do. I do not see Bradley staying with Arum. There are too many top fights outside of TR that he can make if he cut ties with Arum. Bradley can have his pick from 140-147 and GB would not hesitate to put him up against great competition.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 16 2013, 06:57 AM) *
My take on the Bradley vs Pacquiao fight was that Manny won, but by NO means did he dominate or even look good doing it. I thought he looked just as bad if not worse than when he fought Shane Mosley. His footwork and ring generalship was atrocious. He wasted punches and he failed to cut off the ring all night long. So I'm with Jack. Bradley getting the W was bad but the overhyped Broadcasting Blowjob Lampley and crew gave Manny was bad too. I vividly remember watching that fight at my boy's crib with some friends and me being the only person who could stay awake (barely). When the fight ended and I told them Bradley won, they were in shock. That said, it was by no means a performance Manny Pacquiao should be proud of.

When you only fight half a round and do it half ass then you will lose. You can't win fights like that. Bradley fought complete rounds, Pac stood there smiling and then decided to fight with a minuet left in the round. He shot himself in the foot. He should of gotten Bradley out of there or boxed his ass off but he didn't. he felt Bradley shouldn't even be in the ring with him. never underestimate an opponent. Never.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 16 2013, 11:17 AM) *
You think two Harvard Alumns could work together. I think Arum sees Haymon as a real threat to his empire. Hell, even Paulie M. is thinking about signing with Arum.

Arum doesn't give two rats shits about Tim Bradley or Rigondeaux for that matter. he only sees money with Mexican and Asian fighters, which is why he goes so hard for them. His economics are correct because both ethnic groups support their own. If Bradley were to leave Top Rank next year, Bob will make it hell for him to do. I do not see Bradley staying with Arum. There are too many top fights outside of TR that he can make if he cut ties with Arum. Bradley can have his pick from 140-147 and GB would not hesitate to put him up against great competition.

When you only fight half a round and do it half ass then you will lose. You can't win fights like that. Bradley fought complete rounds, Pac stood there smiling and then decided to fight with a minuet left in the round. He shot himself in the foot. He should of gotten Bradley out of there or boxed his ass off but he didn't. he felt Bradley shouldn't even be in the ring with him. never underestimate an opponent. Never.

Sorry to break your heart dol but I heard paulie signed to haymon already lol, even after that whole "judge in his pocket" thing!

Shit If you cant beat em... Join em

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 14 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Bradley has one more fight with TR, then he's a free agent. I won't be shocked to see him with GB next year

One more fight, or one more year? (Be advised: I thought I read one you guys's post that had a link, but I was too lazy to skim through, lol).

He did sign with TR in the summer of 2011, around the time that he didn't go through with the Khan fight...so it could've very well been around August. I wonder if he signed for 3 years, 4 years, or a certain amount of fights.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 15 2013, 07:43 PM) *
And then he gave chavez his extension with the martinez fight and I believe the same happened to rigo with donaire.

That's how Bob operates...he'll give you the best fight, on the 11th month and 30th day of your contract. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Whether you stay or go, at least just be sure that you dont let him know that you have plans to jump ship. He'll force your hand with a nice payday at the end of your contract, he'll make sure that you "lose", or he'll have your ass on the shelf.

He did it with Julio, because if you guys remember, he refused to sign the extension. He got the Martinez fight, got his butt kicked, got suspended, and now in the "rebuilding" stage. Im not sure how long he has with TR, that's IF the Vera fight wasn't his last fight.

He did the same thing to Cotto back in 2009, and he did it to Manny last summer. Manny's situation was a bit different though. Floyd had just cracked $32M against Cotto, and Cotto had his highest payday IMMEDIATELY after leaving TR. In Manny's mind, he was like,"Hey, Im the 8-division champ and I'm more popular than this dude (Floyd), when am I gonna get even BIGGER paydays?"

Problem is, Bob was several steps ahead of Manny...that's why he "lost" the Bradley fight. Braldey won some rounds now, but Im not sure he was supposed to get the nod that night. Arum did what he had to do to keep Manny honest, by making him "lose" that fight, against an undefeated fighter, so he wouldn't think to ask for more money in his next fight. Had he asked, Bob's immediate response would've been, "Well Manny, you lost your last fight, and it didn't sell well").

It sucks more, because he went on a few months later, and got KO'd...now he aint goin' NOWHERE. I believe he just signed another extension with TR, but who cares?...we was tied to them forever anyway.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 16 2013, 12:18 PM) *
One more fight, or one more year? (Be advised: I thought I read one you guys's post that had a link, but I was too lazy to skim through, lol).

He did sign with TR in the summer of 2011, around the time that he didn't go through with the Khan fight...so it could've very well been around August. I wonder if he signed for 3 years, 4 years, or a certain amount of fights.

That's how Bob operates...he'll give you the best fight, on the 11th month and 30th day of your contract. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Whether you stay or go, at least just be sure that you dont let him know that you have plans to jump ship. He'll force your hand with a nice payday at the end of your contract, he'll make sure that you "lose", or he'll have your ass on the shelf.

He did it with Julio, because if you guys remember, he refused to sign the extension. He got the Martinez fight, got his butt kicked, got suspended, and now in the "rebuilding" stage. Im not sure how long he has with TR, that's IF the Vera fight wasn't his last fight.

He did the same thing to Cotto back in 2009, and he did it to Manny last summer. Manny's situation was a bit different though. Floyd had just cracked $32M against Cotto, and Cotto had his highest payday IMMEDIATELY after leaving TR. In Manny's mind, he was like,"Hey, Im the 8-division champ and I'm more popular than this dude (Floyd), when am I gonna get even BIGGER paydays?"

Problem is, Bob was several steps ahead of Manny...that's why he "lost" the Bradley fight. Braldey won some rounds now, but Im not sure he was supposed to get the nod that night. Arum did what he had to do to keep Manny honest, by making him "lose" that fight, against an undefeated fighter, so he wouldn't think to ask for more money in his next fight. Had he asked, Bob's immediate response would've been, "Well Manny, you lost your last fight, and it didn't sell well").

It sucks more, because he went on a few months later, and got KO'd...now he aint goin' NOWHERE. I believe he just signed another extension with TR, but who cares?...we was tied to them forever anyway.

Wasn't this around the time he started investigating the revenue? With that outside company that is now suing him for not paying them

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 16 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 16 2013, 10:17 AM) *
You think two Harvard Alumns could work together. I think Arum sees Haymon as a real threat to his empire. Hell, even Paulie M. is thinking about signing with Haymon.

Fixed that for ya!

He sees those markets because Blacks don't really sign with him and it's a reason for that, the only reason he's in the Asian market is because GB has the better Mexican market. I give him credit for staking claim on the Asian market but this Zou guy I have my doubts about...as far as he and Haymon, he stay shitting on any and everybody but he rarely even mentions Haymon. Dude has power and arum knows wassup

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 16 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 16 2013, 11:18 AM) *

I kept reading only about fights when I googled it not length of years. I read one that was written Monday by Vivek Wallace that stated Bradley had "1 more fight to fulfill his contract with Top Rank". It could be years or fights, I'm not sure but everyone writing on it seems to be pointing to 2014 as the year he'll be a free agent

Chavez Jr's extension is already up I believe and there are rumors that he's looking to bolt from TR, his manager shot it down but we all know where there's smoke there's fire. Arum does do that with his big fighters, he gives them a nice payday and a huge fight and they think that he has their best interest at heart and then after they sign that extension it goes right back to the shitfest it always was

I also read something not to long ago that Manny's contract may be up next year too

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 16 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 16 2013, 07:41 AM) *
Sorry to break your heart dol but I heard paulie signed to haymon already lol, even after that whole "judge in his pocket" thing!

Shit If you cant beat em... Join em

Paulie signed with Haymon, wow. As much shit he talked about Haymon fighters he signed with him. maybe he will get the decision over Judah now!!!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 16 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Fixed that for ya!

He sees those markets because Blacks don't really sign with him and it's a reason for that, the only reason he's in the Asian market is because GB has the better Mexican market. I give him credit for staking claim on the Asian market but this Zou guy I have my doubts about...as far as he and Haymon, he stay shitting on any and everybody but he rarely even mentions Haymon. Dude has power and arum knows wassup

Paulie isn't a stupid dude, Shit imagine a Garcia and Paulie fight! That would be the shit talking of all shit talking. Paulie versus Angel would be legend!!!!

Arum isn't stupid but he is still a greedy bastard! He is going to have that Asian market on lock. I don't think GB has any Asian fighters. Well not yet.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:49 AM