Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Very remarkable.

Has anyone in boxing's history done that before, taken 2 0's in one calender year? That would mean the last three opponents Mayweather would face would be undefeated. Wow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 14 2013, 12:56 PM) *
I'm with Mrchitown. That seems like a super short turnaround. Not to mention, while Bradley beat Marquez, he didn't exactly boost his popularity. It wasn't a very entertaining fight. I can see Gb welcoming Tim with open arms but saying "whoa whoa whoa...we have a host of guys at 140-147 pushing for a shot at Floyd." This would be a perfect time to implement a tournament. Everyone can eat. I would really like to see Bradley vs Garcia or Broner.

I also don't get where this idea that Bradley is cemented in as the undisputed #3 P4P fighter in the world. Neither Marquez nor Pacquiao were in that position. He didn't dominate either fight. So I don't get how beating them guarantees him that honor lol

And that's something us Boxing fans have wanted to see for quite some time. Could you imagine a tourney at WW? And this is not a slight to TR but they don't have the fighters to keep a top boxer like Bradley unless he wants to keep riding with the king of rematches

If done right, this could be one of the classic moment in boxing history. A tourney featuring Khan Bradley, Maidana, Matthyse, Garcia, Broner...hell maybe even Ortiz comes back down to get in on it. it could be epic.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 14 2013, 02:40 PM) *
I had a discussion w/ someone about 3-4 years ago and this person said, "If anyone is going to beat Floyd, it's gonna be one of these young lions, like Bradley..." I laughed at it then and halfway chuckle at it now....but I'm not LAUGHING any longer about Tim. I think his quickness could make Floyd a bit hesitant in the beginning.....however; the fact he has pillows connected to his wrists, won't keep Floyd at bay for long. I agree w/ Chi, Floyd by UD or late TKO. Bradley can be hurt and I think he'd have to be the aggressor vs. Floyd, b/c sitting on the outside, well, is like throwing the fight. He gets picked apart from out there. I think he has to use that "kevlar" head of his and try to rough Floyd up. It would be interesting....well, that is, until.....about Rd. 8.

I, too, would like to see Khan vs. Bradley, IN England. Negotiate for some U.K. "bread" and potentially pick up a victory.

Bradley doesn't get the credit he deserves from some boxing fans but he has some serious skill, but a fight with hour and Mayweather I think early on Bradley will give some problems but Floyd is very accurate and Bradley not so much. I wouldn't be shocked if a floyd caught him flush and stopped him but if I had to bet I'd say a UD for Mayweather, he's not going to counter Floyd and that will be a problem

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 03:01 PM) *
I thought JMM was the most deserving but we all know he didn't want it. Since Tim beat him, he takes his spot IMO. Then Danny Garcia is the next worthy opponent. Doesn't matter who Floyd fights. He's going to get paid. How would a fight against an undefeated not sell???

Because no one connects with Bradley, to some his style isn't very pleasing and he's not a ticket seller. JMM carried that PPV but we all know Bradley carried the fight. Andre Ward doesn't sell either. They're skill is winning the fight but it's not lighting up cash registers. Bradley bombed so bad in the PPV again Manny that Arum doesn't want to make a rematch because it lost money...and the fact that Bradley may defeat him again

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Oct 14 2013, 03:18 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 02:56 PM) *
In no way would I pick Bradley to beat Mayweather, but I do believe it will be an interesting matchup. The fight doesn't have to take place in May, that should be for Danny Garcia, he should fight Tim in September. I am wholly against May fight Khan under any circumstances.

I wouldn't pick him to win either, Mayweather is deadly accurate and I think he frustrates Bradley and has his way with him if they fight....i'm so sick of hearing about the Khan fight, I hope bit doesn't happen....whatever happened to dude who was on here saying he talked to that knockoff coach and he said not was a done deal,...Damn dumb ass lol

If a fight could be made between the two then Bradley should be the number one option and Danny second

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 14 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

From the time the bell rings until the end Floyd will give Bradley a serious boxing lesson. He would dominate Bradley. This isnt a knock on Bradley either. I think Tim is a great fighter. He's just too small and not enough defense with nowhere near the ring IQ Floyd has. I'm telling you dudes. Floyd is going to coast through this Showtime deal with ease.

Too bad Tim is with TR and we will never ever get to see this fight. No way will Arum cash out on Tim instead of marketing him as the biggest threat to Mayweathers 0 therefor making Tim a lil more marketable.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Oct 14 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think Bradley is a very reasonable fight and even with promotional differences i think there's a chance it could still happen, but first i have 2 questions.

1- Would Mayweather be able able to do a fight on hbo even though he has the Shotime deal. Yes he has May and september already set. But why not just go to Hbo for 1 fight in January or February?....... I know its very unlikely since Mayweather fights minimally throughout the year, but if he really wants to stay active he can keep a good 4 month period between fights.

2- The only reason it could be possible is because Mayweather Promotions, with his own promotional company can he co promote with TR? This way the business side of it is set even some of his TMT fighters, actually scratch that because none of them are bringing him extra money...Since bradley isn't that big of a draw, most of the money will go to Mayweather and Arum anyway. because of them having some sort of business together it could help buildup for a potential Pacquiao clash.

If the fight does happen, i dont see any other conclusion than Mayweather destroying Bradley by KO because of Bradley feather fists. Bradleys quickness will be his only weapon but Mayweather's timing will neutralize it. I've actually been wanting this fight to happen for awhile but the only problem is that Bradley doesn't bring any money. He needs some commercials or something damn lol get this fuu on worldstar a couple times and then we have a fight.

+Quote Post
truth
post Oct 14 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #18

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

The tournament would be epic i believe bradley or thurman would win and the winn gets mayweather strictly elimination bouts. I think Bradley already wants to leave tr based on the aftermath of the manny fight i just hope he's smart enough to leave and not get tricked plus gb could market him better

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 14 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

This fight makes all the sense in the world.

But I believe it should be Mays last fight...

I believe it should get to the point to where EVERYONE should demand it..

I think Bradley should wipe the entire division out..meaning the final belt holders.. Alexander, and Broaner.(if they get past their next test)

A total unification at 147 between two undefeated fighters who beat everyone put in front of them would not only draw the interest of the entire boxing community, but the world.

Especially if he can beat Broaner.... Shit that fight can still be made.. that's Mr HBO right?

I just hope the problems between these promoters don't fuck it up completely

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 14 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 14 2013, 03:12 PM) *
And that's something us Boxing fans have wanted to see for quite some time. Could you imagine a tourney at WW? And this is not a slight to TR but they don't have the fighters to keep a top boxer like Bradley unless he wants to keep riding with the king of rematches

If done right, this could be one of the classic moment in boxing history. A tourney featuring Khan Bradley, Maidana, Matthyse, Garcia, Broner...hell maybe even Ortiz comes back down to get in on it. it could be epic.

This year has been amazing as far as boxing goes, but this would be epic.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 14 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Bradley doesn't get the credit he deserves from some boxing fans but he has some serious skill, but a fight with hour and Mayweather I think early on Bradley will give some problems but Floyd is very accurate and Bradley not so much. I wouldn't be shocked if a floyd caught him flush and stopped him but if I had to bet I'd say a UD for Mayweather, he's not going to counter Floyd and that will be a problem

Bradley has had all my respect. The guy trains like a football player, treats boxing like an art and as a warrior, and his diet in training is remarkable (lots of props because I know how hard that type of nutrition is).

His speed and activity would definitely trouble mayweather and he also knows how to apply smart pressure. But as others have said mayweathers accurate, and it will take its toll I suspect.

But Bradley is a dawg!!!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:05 AM