IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Kirkland, what can the future hold?
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 16 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

Here's a guy with solid tools as a fighter, but can he still make noise in the game?

Pending if he can knockout his next opponent as promised, who can he fight?

I would love to see him in there with Canelo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I read an article on him earlier but I cant remember if he had an opponent lined up or not. He definitely makes for good action but its just hard to see him performing better than he did with ann at his corner.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 16 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 16 2013, 11:38 PM) *
I read an article on him earlier but I cant remember if he had an opponent lined up or not. He definitely makes for good action but its just hard to see him performing better than he did with ann at his corner.

I agree. She brings out the animal in him. Problem is.... Much like Cotto, he can't deal with the type of punishment he dishes out.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 16 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Nah, it's over. He and Andre Dirrell had time to make noise and be something special but that time is passed. What a bunch of bullshit too because they're potential has been wasted. I don't care if Ann Wolfe was in his corner, he's never going anywhere. He can't be saved from himself, in the ring if you can take his power then you can beat him, outside the ring it's a 50/50 chance of him ending back up in prison. The next L he takes and it's a wrap

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 17 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 16 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Nah, it's over. He and Andre Dirrell had time to make noise and be something special but that time is passed. What a bunch of bullshit too because they're potential has been wasted. I don't care if Ann Wolfe was in his corner, he's never going anywhere. He can't be saved from himself, in the ring if you can take his power then you can beat him, outside the ring it's a 50/50 chance of him ending back up in prison. The next L he takes and it's a wrap

Well I've seen this tapia kid on fnf. The guy is strong and showed a good chin, he's also well polished (had like 120-5 record in the ams or something like that). But his conditioning was shit

But from what I remember kirkland is blind to straight punches, if this kid can take his power early we may see ishida-kirkland all over again.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 17 2013, 03:43 AM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

I need to see him lose to Tapia to give up on him, I'm picking Kirkland but we'll see.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 17 2013, 05:59 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Doesn't have the chin for it. Move on Kirkland, this layoff can't be good for him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 17 2013, 07:07 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Well I've seen this tapia kid on fnf. The guy is strong and showed a good chin, he's also well polished (had like 120-5 record in the ams or something like that). But his conditioning was shit

But from what I remember kirkland is blind to straight punches, if this kid can take his power early we may see ishida-kirkland all over again.

He may very well win this fight but he's a career fuck up. I will watch him fight but I have no faith that he will actually be a champ or stay out of jail. The way he fights he's going to run into someone again like Molina whose not stationary and who can take his power and they're going to box is ears off. Or he'd going to fight someone who has pop too and he'll be staring up at the lights

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 17 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Not even sure where Kirkland stands at this point...

He ruined his own career with the jail sentence, came back and got KO'd by Ishida (after running through a few bums to shake the rust off), bounced back with the Angulo win, got exposed to no ends in the Molina fight, then comes this long layoff.

At this point, I'm not sure. If he had a better chin, then I would give him a big shot at making it big (for the eleven hundreth time, lol), but that isn't the case here. He's good when he's punching, but as soon as somebody stands up to him, he reminds me of why I shouldn't bet on him. It reminds me of those big shots in big meetings, who are good at talking, until somebody asks them a question...then comes the crickets.

I dont wanna give up on the guy, but Im not putting too much stock into what he does from this point on...same with Dirrell.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 17 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Cell Block 4

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 01:19 AM