IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ARUM TELLS RIGONDEAX TO FIGHT MORE FAN FRIENDLY, ????
MAHDI
post Oct 20 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

You tell one of the best P4p guys in the world to fight more fan friendly??? He wants him to pull a Tim Bradley... bullshit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 20 2013, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I doubt it's even that, it's hit the guy more. He throws punches like their golden eggs.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Oct 20 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2013, 10:29 AM) *
I doubt it's even that, it's hit the guy more. He throws punches like their golden eggs.

LMAO

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 20 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Oct 20 2013, 08:51 AM) *
You tell one of the best P4p guys in the world to fight more fan friendly??? He wants him to pull a Tim Bradley... bullshit

Exactly!!

A world class boxer shouldn't do anything but what he does and that is box someone's ears off and so what if they cannot adjust, he should just continue to do what he is doing. Nevermind pleasing some crowd, this is the hurt business and at the end of the day you're stating that because you are some fan who could care less what happens to the boxer in the future regarding his health then he should risk taking punishment to please you??? :KO:

Who are we (the boxing Public) to demand that someone attempts to please us while putting their very life or at least their health in jeopardy just because you pay a lousy little 70 bucks for a PPV??

The arrogance and idiocy of the so called "boxing public" is just sheer stupidity nowadays, which one of us would risk our health or life on our current employment if they told us you have to take on 2 rounds with Tyson and oh, btw we're only going to pay you 70 extra bucks/the cost of what it is going to be for us to watch? (rhetorical question).

Just because people are action junkies these days and want to see blood and guts doesn't mean that Rigo or any other boxer for that matter should change his style to please or suit you or anyone else.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 20 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Well I doubt Rigondeaux listens to him so screw it

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Oct 20 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

I'm sure Arum has no problem letting Rigo fight the way he wants just don't expect massive paydays for it and then go crying to the public when you get offered pocket change for bouts. I'm sorry I know it's the sweet science but i've always believed athletes who risk more should be rewarded more. Look at Santa Cruz and look at Mikey Garcia..they aren't being heavily pushed but they've become word of mouth names that people are interested in seeing because they put on a show that's more universally friendly and in order to do that put themselves at risk moreso than a fighter who fights on his back leg constantly. I like Rigo but he's representative of a latin fight crowd and that crowd loves to see firefights. Hell Rigo makes Floyd look like the an incredibly offensive fighter by comparison. I think Rigo would be better served to have a greater punch output without changing up his style too much...you can punch more and not increase the risk of damage that much. I still believe Rigo could've KO'd Donaire but he refused to go for it...we all appreciate Floyd but can't nobody here deny they enjoyed what Floyd did to Hatton and he didn't put himself at risk once.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 20 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This shit burned me up when I read it. How about doing your job and stop taking the easy way out in promotion. He just whooped up on a guy most assumed was the best in the division with relative ease. If you can't find a way to market that, then the only thing he should be re-evaluating is why he needs you in the first place. But then again, this is the same prick that put the great Floyd Mayweather on the back burner.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 20 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *
I'm sure Arum has no problem letting Rigo fight the way he wants just don't expect massive paydays for it and then go crying to the public when you get offered pocket change for bouts. I'm sorry I know it's the sweet science but i've always believed athletes who risk more should be rewarded more. Look at Santa Cruz and look at Mikey Garcia..they aren't being heavily pushed but they've become word of mouth names that people are interested in seeing because they put on a show that's more universally friendly and in order to do that put themselves at risk moreso than a fighter who fights on his back leg constantly. I like Rigo but he's representative of a latin fight crowd and that crowd loves to see firefights. Hell Rigo makes Floyd look like the an incredibly offensive fighter by comparison. I think Rigo would be better served to have a greater punch output without changing up his style too much...you can punch more and not increase the risk of damage that much. I still believe Rigo could've KO'd Donaire but he refused to go for it...we all appreciate Floyd but can't nobody here deny they enjoyed what Floyd did to Hatton and he didn't put himself at risk once.

First off the reason Mayweather fought that way against Hatton was because Hatton forced him too. Ricky wasn't going to sit back and let Floyd do what he normally does, he brought out the best in Mayweather. Don't act like if Floyd had the option, he wouldn't of just banked rounds by throwing the occasional left hook right hands all night

Rigondeaux's style is perfect for him and I see no need for him to switch it up. He's a counter puncher, wtf don't people understand about that. This is why his punch output is the way it is. I do think he should and could raise his punch output a bit mor but why would he when he's whooping these dudes easily.

I like a good blood and guts fight too but it's the sweet science not the back yard bare knuckle tournament. Using Leo was a bad example, if he doesn't adjust his style he's going to be short many brain cells. And we need to cut the shit and put everything in perspective here in regards to Arum. He had ZERO problems finding Rigondeaux fights before he starched Nonito with that unpopular fighting style, he had ZERO problems about Rigo's style before that fight, if he did he never said anything about it until the Nonito fight. After his and HBO's agenda was crushed, then came the bashing. I don't take anything this man says serious. He almost always has an ulterior motive

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 20 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 01:19 PM) *
Well I doubt Rigondeaux listens to him so screw it

This shit right here. On point

If he wants him to be more fan friendly and take risks, give him a fucking reason to! Pay the guy, give him fights, actually promote the motherfucker you old dickhead..

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 20 2013, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 20 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Bob Arum's my pastor!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:52 AM