IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ARUM TELLS RIGONDEAX TO FIGHT MORE FAN FRIENDLY, ????
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Da hell you talking about, everything homie do is for profit lol....Jay is a bad example. That new album he got out has changed the landscape for the worse, on a business end it was great but on the hip-hop side of things he sold out. LL and other peers of his have blasted him for it and the hip-hop community, though I don't know how sizeable feels it was a sellout move too. No one believes that album is plat, he sold a mil copies to samsung but not the actual consumer, the he talks about new rules, FOH lol

Now his sports agency, that ain't really his. Why people give this dude so much credit for not doing shit is baffling lol. He's in collaboration with CAA, for those of you who don't know that's Creative arts agency and their a powerhouse in the sports agent industry, when they sign to Jay, they signed to CAA. Don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. You comparing the same dudes, they both don't do shit unless it's for the money. One just happens to be black the other white

I was wondering why he even pulled that move, I mean shit, its a pretty good album, one of his best in a while, so it was no need to take that Samsung route like that. The commercials he made with the top tier producers in the game, was enough to sell me, and Im never the first to jump on the Jay-Z bandwagon when his albums drop.

Leave it to some of these cats out here (mostly guys that work with), from what I was hearing about his recent album, dudes were calling it the "album of the year", and they hadn't even played 3 songs yet. The pink panties get to flying real quick, when Jay drops something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for LL, I remember reading his "thoughts" on Jay went about the Magna Carta album. My question is, when ISN'T LL in his feelings about stuff?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I'm sorry man but we don't live in an era where science and chess are in demand by the majority of fans. If you have the majority of the buyers being fans of kush you can't expect to sell much of that low grade bud. I like technicians just as much as I like brawlers but you and I are in the minority and the star issue isn't limited to Rigo,when the option is to make a few hundred k or a few million at this stage of your career (he ain't no spring chicken) go for the money. It's not like if he changed up we'd forget this dude was a master of the craft but you have to be realistic here. Arum wanted Rigo to be a star he wanted to lock the latin market on both west and east of the U.S. but when Rigo is asking for a million plus per bout and the ratings he gets don't show the networks he deserves it you end up with this issue. Look at Sergio Martinez he had to plaster Paul Williams to finally break through but he got it and he understood what the market wants versus what you want to do. I've been to two Rigo fights and haven't paid for either one because they were virtually giving the tickets away and while I like Rigo his style just hasn't caught on with the casual market and it's the same case with Bradley..two fine fighters and warriors how just don't have a style that really appeals to todays audience. Regarding Arum, we know the devil because he tells us he's the devil..Arum 2.0 = Richard Schaeffer is worse in my opinion because he's done a great job at looking like the saint. Hell when Dibella has an issue with you I know you are an a-hole and Dibella has tried pairing Sergio up with GBP fighters since 2009..where has that gone?

Let's leave the race/religion out of this because if we really get into that we have to take it back to who he learned to be shady from and that person isn't jewish or white. You seem to think Schaffer is better and i'll completely disagree for a number of reasons which Dibella, Duva, and many other small time promoters if engaged in conversation will happily break down for you. Lot's of the Arum hates circles around his split with Mayweather and the Pacquaio fight never being made...now let's see how many promoters GBP has been willing to work with not named Top Rank...so again if we break it down we come to the one common denominator here..and it's not Arum.

I personally do not believe any one Promoter to be any better than the other because they're all chasing the dollar as much as the next one but Dibella, Duva or Schaefer aren't the ones preventing us from seeing some of the best fights at WW now are they??

Bob Arum is a lying sack of sh*t and you're right being Jewish has nothing to do with it but truthfully speaking Arum is the common denominator as to why Pac vs Floyd, Pac vs Bradley hasn't or probably won't and it is the reason why we didn't get Floyd vs Cotto until Miguel left TR. That is the undisputed truth no matter how you slice it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2013, 08:06 PM) *
I was wondering why he even pulled that move, I mean shit, its a pretty good album, one of his best in a while, so it was no need to take that Samsung route like that. The commercials he made with the top tier producers in the game, was enough to sell me, and Im never the first to jump on the Jay-Z bandwagon when his albums drop.

Leave it to some of these cats out here (mostly guys that work with), from what I was hearing about his recent album, dudes were calling it the "album of the year", and they hadn't even played 3 songs yet. The pink panties get to flying real quick, when Jay drops something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for LL, I remember reading his "thoughts" on Jay went about the Magna Carta album. My question is, when ISN'T LL in his feelings about stuff?

I like Jay Z but I never saw the greatness that many see in him. He's lost multiple battles been busted upside his head by Pun(rip) and didn't do shit. And he makes all this money and doesn't give back. Harry Belafonte called him out and he tried to snap back until the media dug deep into his and Beyonce's history of giving back which is damn near non-existent.

He gets too much credit for things he don't really do. Like this sports agency stuff, he got in the game by partnering with the biggest sports agency in the world in CAA. But people think he's the brain trust lol. As far as that album goes that was the Illest move from a business pov because it's never been done before and it was monumental from that standpoint. But from a hip-hop pov it was one of the biggest sell out moves ever. You sell a million copies to a corporation but not to a million people. It's the people that count not the fortune 500's but to him that's all that matters is the money.

That's what LL brought up as well he and other legends like KRS feel it was a sellout move. Not many fans was feeling it either. Pusha T's album that's out now is better then Jay's, so is J. Cole's new joint

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 08:54 PM) *
I personally do not believe any one Promoter to be any better than the other because they're all chasing the dollar as much as the next one but Dibella, Duva or Schaefer aren't the ones preventing us from seeing some of the best fights at WW now are they??

Bob Arum is a lying sack of sh*t and you're right being Jewish has nothing to do with it but truthfully speaking Arum is the common denominator as to why Pac vs Floyd, Pac vs Bradley hasn't or probably won't and it is the reason why we didn't get Floyd vs Cotto until Miguel left TR. That is the undisputed truth no matter how you slice it.

Don't forget Goosen and Shaw either.....Arum carries grudges more then most promoters it seems and i've never seem someone nuthug one of their fighters and degrade one of their fighters in the manner in which he does sometimes

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Don't forget Goosen and Shaw either.....Arum carries grudges more then most promoters it seems and i've never seem someone nuthug one of their fighters and degrade one of their fighters in the manner in which he does sometimes

Exactly!! Case in point, he's telling Rigo to fight more of a "fan friendly" style aka in other words abandon your defensive skills/fight recklessly while leaving yourself exposed or available to counters for a possible KO at the risk of pleasing the crowd or the way he shelved Bradley after his fight with Manny until Tim had to show that he too can be a demonstrative Caveman and abandon all of his skills thus throwing caution to the wind nearly risking a KO let alone all the health issues he suffered after the Provo fight and for what?

The benefit of some lousy and uncaring action crazed junkie who paid 60-70 bucks for a PPV.

Pathetic!!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Da hell you talking about, everything homie do is for profit lol....Jay is a bad example. That new album he got out has changed the landscape for the worse, on a business end it was great but on the hip-hop side of things he sold out. LL and other peers of his have blasted him for it and the hip-hop community, though I don't know how sizeable feels it was a sellout move too. No one believes that album is plat, he sold a mil copies to samsung but not the actual consumer, the he talks about new rules, FOH lol

Now his sports agency, that ain't really his. Why people give this dude so much credit for not doing shit is baffling lol. He's in collaboration with CAA, for those of you who don't know that's Creative arts agency and their a powerhouse in the sports agent industry, when they sign to Jay, they signed to CAA. Don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. You comparing the same dudes, they both don't do shit unless it's for the money. One just happens to be black the other white

Sounds like a lot of hate bruh lol. LL Cool J can't call anybody a sell out. Have you ever heard Walking with a Panther? And I'm from Queens. LL is salty about Jay-Z not "promoting his album properly" when he was president of Def Jam. I won't even get into the quality of Jay-Z's album. Anyone who thinks it's wack clearly doesn't get the deeper meaning of the songs but whatever. Bottom line is, he has a longer resume than anyone in HipHop history...and I'll leave it at that. I don't think he needed the Samsung deal to sell. How many albums of his went platinum again? And the "new rules" thing referred to just that. He had a company buy his album before it even dropped. It had it's own app associated with it. It dropped on July 4th which was a Thursday. The video for Picasso Baby was like an art exhibit. He didn't really drop a single before the album. So "new rules" meant he was breaking from the norm.

As for the sports agency thing, you completely missed my point. #1 I never said whether he was a partner or not. #2 I never said he didn't get any profit. His intent was to shake up the sports agency game. He's not alone. Master P tried the same thing. Jay-Z's sports venutre is far from his most lucrative business move and he said it wouldn't be from the start.

Can we not make this a rapper debate like other threads? That was really a minuscule point in a bigger picture I was explaining.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Sounds like a lot of hate bruh lol. LL Cool J can't call anybody a sell out. Have you ever heard Walking with a Panther? And I'm from Queens. LL is salty about Jay-Z not "promoting his album properly" when he was president of Def Jam. I won't even get into the quality of Jay-Z's album. Anyone who thinks it's wack clearly doesn't get the deeper meaning of the songs but whatever. Bottom line is, he has a longer resume than anyone in HipHop history...and I'll leave it at that. I don't think he needed the Samsung deal to sell. How many albums of his went platinum again? And the "new rules" thing referred to just that. He had a company buy his album before it even dropped. It had it's own app associated with it. It dropped on July 4th which was a Thursday. The video for Picasso Baby was like an art exhibit. He didn't really drop a single before the album. So "new rules" meant he was breaking from the norm.

As for the sports agency thing, you completely missed my point. #1 I never said whether he was a partner or not. #2 I never said he didn't get any profit. His intent was to shake up the sports agency game. He's not alone. Master P tried the same thing. Jay-Z's sports venutre is far from his most lucrative business move and he said it wouldn't be from the start.

Can we not make this a rapper debate like other threads? That was really a minuscule point in a bigger picture I was explaining.

Nah sounds like a Jay Z Stan on here so we will agree to disagree on someone who happens to be very over-rated. I said what bi said to state my opinion which is he and Arum are similar and I stand by that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Exactly!! Case in point, he's telling Rigo to fight more of a "fan friendly" style aka in other words abandon your defensive skills/fight recklessly while leaving yourself exposed or available to counters for a possible KO at the risk of pleasing the crowd or the way he shelved Bradley after his fight with Manny until Tim had to show that he too can be a demonstrative Caveman and abandon all of his skills thus throwing caution to the wind nearly risking a KO let alone all the health issues he suffered after the Provo fight and for what?

The benefit of some lousy and uncaring action crazed junkie who paid 60-70 bucks for a PPV.

Pathetic!!

That's what I try to explain to people. Who doesn't want to make the big bucks and get all the love from the fans but st the end of the day you got to go home to your family and how you going to enjoy that money later in life which is really what it's for any way when your older. Ruslan and fighters like Rios probably will have issued but it's ok because they fought for the fans and got their heads bashed in

Look at the longevity in floyd and Hopkins. That's saying something

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

End of the day, Arum preys on gullible foreign fighters who he thinks don't know any better. The scariest thing to a guy like Arum is a black man who knows what the fuck he's talking about. That is why I think he'll never promote Tim Bradley properly. I also don't think he banked on Guillermo Rigondeaux putting up such a fuss. I think Arum thinks with his fighters "I took you out of the slums and gave you some money. You should be perfectly content with being my underpaid slave." Anyone not going along with the program all of a sudden is not "fan friendly" or is ducking somebody.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:08 AM) *
End of the day, Arum preys on gullible foreign fighters who he thinks don't know any better. The scariest thing to a guy like Arum is a black man who knows what the fuck he's talking about. That is why I think he'll never promote Tim Bradley properly. I also don't think he banked on Guillermo Rigondeaux putting up such a fuss. I think Arum thinks with his fighters "I took you out of the slums and gave you some money. You should be perfectly content with being my underpaid slave." Anyone not going along with the program all of a sudden is not "fan friendly" or is ducking somebody.

You got that right, I don't understand how people don't see his strong dislike for black fighters, well some not all. Wait til Crawford has another dull outing, we're going to have to hear his mouth about how Terrence needs to fight more offensive and this and that and blah blah blah. I think he underestimated Rigondeaux's whole team, he thought he was just going to keep sending shots at then and then when it was time for them to respond be too scared to say something back. I also think he's underestimating Bradley

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:30 AM