Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What the actual....excrement !
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Alright...i know there is anything possible in boxing, but seriously...Mayweather vs Hopkins?

I just finished reading this weeks OaF and....WOW. Are we really talking about this fight as if it was a possibility? I mean...a month ago nobody would ever even entertain the thought of these two fighting each other. There is literally NO DEMAND for this fight to happen. There was no debate, no NEED and no interest...and in my opinion, there still isn't.

How the hell did we get to this point? One man who happens to be a HoFer opens his mouth (Which he does quite often and even bigger bullshit comes out) and now we are here? Sometimes, the world of boxing and fans around it astound me...

P.S. Loving the profile pic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Oct 21 2013, 12:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 21 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The only good thing that came out of this whole "fight mayweather" thing is that Hopkins said he would like to fight ward, martinez, ggg, or Stevenson of the mayweather fight doesn't go down.. but yes a Hopkins mayweather fight is ridiculous

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Hopkins will fight anyone, but not everyone will fight him

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I lost some respect for B-Hop when he started his Mayweather sweepstakes campaign. That's hard to do considering I have a tremedous amount of respect for that man. The only other time I lost respect for him was in regards to Chad Dawson (for numerous reasons). B-Hop...finish your breakfast. You can't be call out Floyd and say absolutely not to Ward. Period.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I am so glad that I am not the only one seeing the bs...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 21 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

When he said it he was laughing his ass off so am guessing he was kidding unless he was seriously about it in another video.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Personally for me many people forget that Floyd had just won his first title at 154 when Nard had just lost to Taylor and as I recall BHop weighed no more than 156 when he faced DLH when they fought so a CW wouldn't have been out of the question at that time and probably not even now if Nard can still make it to 160 or below but I doubt that Mayweather moves anywhere above 154 when he can barely make 152 and still drops down to 146-148 for his fights at Jr MW.

It may be illogical to think that this fight won't happen but it is not totally out of question if the following happens:

A. Hopkins can make a CW of 157 or so
B. Mayweather agrees to it and goes above 154
C. The demand is there ASSuming both guys agree on the money (shouldn't be an issue, Floyd will automatically command a bigger check)
D. It has to happen before the end of next year giving both fighters time to take tune-up fights in between and make the agreed upon CW limit.

I'd still watch it if it did happen, BHop would have size, height and strength to his advantages and Mayweather would have speed and youth to his; experience is basically even given Floyd's longer amateur and Olympic experiences.

I'll just close with this, though many of us may not agree with this, it is highly possible given the current landscape we find regarding the political differences between TR and GBP or Mayweather promotions into finding enough viable candidates for Money to face to meet all of his total 6 fight agreements.

These 2 names are bigger or as big as Floyd vs Pac or Floyd vs Ward/GGG at the moment.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

What's the significance of this fight if it happens? It's a damn joke and that's why I think it won't happen. Bernard has no belt at MW so why would Mayweather Jr even entertain it? Plus the fact that Bernard will be 49 in January and that type of weight loss no matter how much time he has to take off is detrimental due to his age.

I love both guys but I'd never watch this fight. Bradley and Ruslan are free of their TR commitments in 2014 and this is the shit people is talking about? This can't be life lol. He has guys like Garcia, Ruslan, Bradley, and more he can feast on besides a sideshow fight with Bernard

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I would not drop $80 on this snooze fest. This will be a fight where no more than 12 pinches a round will be thrown.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I can't imagine how this fight would benefit Floyd in any way. If he loses, then obviously his stellar record has a huge blemish on it. If he wins, he just beat a near 50 year old and "still is scared to fight Manny." While I don't believe for one second that he's scared, you know Bob Arum would have a field day with that story...if he isn't already. I won't be surprised if and when he starts his seasonal Floyd is scared and cherry picking his opponents rants.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:18 AM