Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What the actual....excrement !
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Alright...i know there is anything possible in boxing, but seriously...Mayweather vs Hopkins?

I just finished reading this weeks OaF and....WOW. Are we really talking about this fight as if it was a possibility? I mean...a month ago nobody would ever even entertain the thought of these two fighting each other. There is literally NO DEMAND for this fight to happen. There was no debate, no NEED and no interest...and in my opinion, there still isn't.

How the hell did we get to this point? One man who happens to be a HoFer opens his mouth (Which he does quite often and even bigger bullshit comes out) and now we are here? Sometimes, the world of boxing and fans around it astound me...

P.S. Loving the profile pic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Oct 21 2013, 12:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

What's the significance of this fight if it happens? It's a damn joke and that's why I think it won't happen. Bernard has no belt at MW so why would Mayweather Jr even entertain it? Plus the fact that Bernard will be 49 in January and that type of weight loss no matter how much time he has to take off is detrimental due to his age.

I love both guys but I'd never watch this fight. Bradley and Ruslan are free of their TR commitments in 2014 and this is the shit people is talking about? This can't be life lol. He has guys like Garcia, Ruslan, Bradley, and more he can feast on besides a sideshow fight with Bernard

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM) *
What's the significance of this fight if it happens? It's a damn joke and that's why I think it won't happen. Bernard has no belt at MW so why would Mayweather Jr even entertain it? Plus the fact that Bernard will be 49 in January and that type of weight loss no matter how much time he has to take off is detrimental due to his age.

I love both guys but I'd never watch this fight. Bradley and Ruslan are free of their TR commitments in 2014 and this is the shit people is talking about? This can't be life lol. He has guys like Garcia, Ruslan, Bradley, and more he can feast on besides a sideshow fight with Bernard

I agree but then again it would make all the sense in the world for Floyd should BHop acquire a belt at 60 between now and the next year when the fight would actually be made (ASSuming they both do not lose in between) then Money could boast about his legacy stating he went to 60 and beat a HOF legend who barely lost at MW and someone who has won both MW and LHW titles and would probably still be a LHW champ prior to coming down to 60.

So yes it makes sense for Money, the only significance it makes for BHop is to be able to say he beat a man who was clearly showing he was unbeatable but then again how much credit would he get garnering his advantages in size, height, reach and power not to mention coming down in weight to do it??

Although it makes no sense for either man in reality right now, as a boxing fan I'd love to see although these are 2 of my favorites in the sport due to their skills.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM) *
I agree but then again it would make all the sense in the world for Floyd should BHop acquire a belt at 60 between now and the next year when the fight would actually be made (ASSuming they both do not lose in between) then Money could boast about his legacy stating he went to 60 and beat a HOF legend who barely lost at MW and someone who has won both MW and LHW titles and would probably still be a LHW champ prior to coming down to 60.

So yes it makes sense for Money, the only significance it makes for BHop is to be able to say he beat a man who was clearly showing he was unbeatable but then again how much credit would he get garnering his advantages in size, height, reach and power not to mention coming down in weight to do it??

Although it makes no sense for either man in reality right now, as a boxing fan I'd love to see although these are 2 of my favorites in the sport due to their skills.

I'm 99% sure this fight won't happen because it's a farce. It doesn't make any sense for Mayweather to fight Hopkins. Your ambition is admirable but misguided. A 49yr old who hasn't fought in that weight class in quite some time and you think he going to win a belt at MW. It's not happening. We know it, the media knows it and Bernard knows it, he's a LHW now and there's nothing he can do about it.

And no offense but I'm getting quite sick of people on here and fans everywhere saying he should fight at 160, his legacy was cemented in the lower classes, the man is an ATG. Stop coming up with these comical demands. Provodnikov and Bradley have one more obligation to TR and could bolt over to GB. If we going to talk this fairy tale shit then that's what we need to talk about. Not some fight with a dude approaching the mid century mark

Bradley, Danny, Ruslan, Khan,Maidana, Matthysse if he can get his name backup, are all more logical choices then this fight. Hell. If we going to talk what if then bring up the Pacquiao fight. I believe his contract is up next December. We might as well throw that in the pot since we pulling stuff from never never land now. Even a Bradley fight would garner more buzz and do more for Floyd's legacy then a fight with Hopkins. There's no way that fight can be spinned into something positive

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 09:29 AM) *
I'm 99% sure this fight won't happen because it's a farce. It doesn't make any sense for Mayweather to fight Hopkins. Your ambition is admirable but misguided. A 49yr old who hasn't fought in that weight class in quite some time and you think he going to win a belt at MW. It's not happening. We know it, the media knows it and Bernard knows it, he's a LHW now and there's nothing he can do about it.

And no offense but I'm getting quite sick of people on here and fans everywhere saying he should fight at 160, his legacy was cemented in the lower classes, the man is an ATG. Stop coming up with these comical demands. Provodnikov and Bradley have one more obligation to TR and could bolt over to GB. If we going to talk this fairy tale shit then that's what we need to talk about. Not some fight with a dude approaching the mid century mark

Bradley, Danny, Ruslan, Khan,Maidana, Matthysse if he can get his name backup, are all more logical choices then this fight. Hell. If we going to talk what if then bring up the Pacquiao fight. I believe his contract is up next December. We might as well throw that in the pot since we pulling stuff from never never land now. Even a Bradley fight would garner more buzz and do more for Floyd's legacy then a fight with Hopkins. There's no way that fight can be spinned into something positive

THIS!!!! I'm also tired of people bringing up Sugar Ray Leonard being the reason why. When Ray Leonard for LHW, he didn't fight a legit light heavyweight. He made LaLonde drain down. Not to mention, Ray Leonard STARTED at welterweight. Floyd started as a Super Featherweight. I thought when you become P4P you get to call the shots. If these guys want to fight him so bad. Drop weight. Chad Dawson took a huge risk cutting weight to fight Ward and he didn't even have to. Dawson has a far better resume than guys like Golovkin. Shit, you could make a case that his resume' is as good as Sergio's.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- mitukczuk   What the actual....excrement !   Oct 21 2013, 12:46 PM
- - checkleft   The only good thing that came out of this whole ...   Oct 21 2013, 01:00 PM
- - mrchitown   Hopkins will fight anyone, but not everyone will f...   Oct 21 2013, 01:05 PM
- - Franchize   I lost some respect for B-Hop when he started his ...   Oct 21 2013, 01:05 PM
- - mitukczuk   I am so glad that I am not the only one seeing the...   Oct 21 2013, 02:38 PM
- - mgrover   When he said it he was laughing his ass off so am ...   Oct 21 2013, 03:04 PM
- - BrutUalBK   Personally for me many people forget that Floyd ha...   Oct 21 2013, 08:33 PM
- - mrchitown   What's the significance of this fight if it ha...   Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM
|- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM)...   Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM)...   Oct 22 2013, 08:29 AM
|- - mitukczuk   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 08:29 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 08:43 AM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 09:29 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 09:04 AM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:04 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 09:23 AM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:23 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 09:32 AM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:32 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 09:44 AM
|- - BoxingStill#1   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:44 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 01:23 PM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 22 2013, 01:23...   Oct 22 2013, 10:36 PM
- - BigFightFan   I would not drop $80 on this snooze fest. Thi...   Oct 21 2013, 08:56 PM
- - Franchize   I can't imagine how this fight would benefit F...   Oct 21 2013, 09:04 PM
- - BoxingStill#1   Bernard just trynna get some of that cash out mone...   Oct 21 2013, 11:16 PM
- - BoxingEinstein   Fans and media are actually thinking of Floyd figh...   Oct 22 2013, 01:47 PM
- - emd01   This fight wont happen for one reason. Weight. No ...   Oct 22 2013, 08:54 PM
- - emd01   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 07:23 AM)...   Oct 22 2013, 08:59 PM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 22 2013, 08:59 PM) Tha...   Oct 22 2013, 10:30 PM
- - Dolimite   Hopkins and Mayweather looks great on paper, but i...   Oct 24 2013, 11:45 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 12:30 PM