> What the actual....excrement !
BrutUalBK
post Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 08:45 PM) *
What's the significance of this fight if it happens? It's a damn joke and that's why I think it won't happen. Bernard has no belt at MW so why would Mayweather Jr even entertain it? Plus the fact that Bernard will be 49 in January and that type of weight loss no matter how much time he has to take off is detrimental due to his age.

I love both guys but I'd never watch this fight. Bradley and Ruslan are free of their TR commitments in 2014 and this is the shit people is talking about? This can't be life lol. He has guys like Garcia, Ruslan, Bradley, and more he can feast on besides a sideshow fight with Bernard

I agree but then again it would make all the sense in the world for Floyd should BHop acquire a belt at 60 between now and the next year when the fight would actually be made (ASSuming they both do not lose in between) then Money could boast about his legacy stating he went to 60 and beat a HOF legend who barely lost at MW and someone who has won both MW and LHW titles and would probably still be a LHW champ prior to coming down to 60.

So yes it makes sense for Money, the only significance it makes for BHop is to be able to say he beat a man who was clearly showing he was unbeatable but then again how much credit would he get garnering his advantages in size, height, reach and power not to mention coming down in weight to do it??

Although it makes no sense for either man in reality right now, as a boxing fan I'd love to see although these are 2 of my favorites in the sport due to their skills.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 21 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Bernard just trynna get some of that cash out money.. haha

This was after Canelo loss, so naturally, his interest is in Golden Boy.

DLH lost, Mosely lost, Hatton, Ortiz, Robert G, and finally the potential real cash cow Canelo..

Cant yall see this is Golden Boys desperation to beat Mayweather??

What's next, klitchko at 180??

This would be an expedition fight only and I'm sure Floyed has no interest. (Right now lol)

Bottom line is its not happening

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Oct 21 2013, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:10 PM) *
I agree but then again it would make all the sense in the world for Floyd should BHop acquire a belt at 60 between now and the next year when the fight would actually be made (ASSuming they both do not lose in between) then Money could boast about his legacy stating he went to 60 and beat a HOF legend who barely lost at MW and someone who has won both MW and LHW titles and would probably still be a LHW champ prior to coming down to 60.

So yes it makes sense for Money, the only significance it makes for BHop is to be able to say he beat a man who was clearly showing he was unbeatable but then again how much credit would he get garnering his advantages in size, height, reach and power not to mention coming down in weight to do it??

Although it makes no sense for either man in reality right now, as a boxing fan I'd love to see although these are 2 of my favorites in the sport due to their skills.

I'm 99% sure this fight won't happen because it's a farce. It doesn't make any sense for Mayweather to fight Hopkins. Your ambition is admirable but misguided. A 49yr old who hasn't fought in that weight class in quite some time and you think he going to win a belt at MW. It's not happening. We know it, the media knows it and Bernard knows it, he's a LHW now and there's nothing he can do about it.

And no offense but I'm getting quite sick of people on here and fans everywhere saying he should fight at 160, his legacy was cemented in the lower classes, the man is an ATG. Stop coming up with these comical demands. Provodnikov and Bradley have one more obligation to TR and could bolt over to GB. If we going to talk this fairy tale shit then that's what we need to talk about. Not some fight with a dude approaching the mid century mark

Bradley, Danny, Ruslan, Khan,Maidana, Matthysse if he can get his name backup, are all more logical choices then this fight. Hell. If we going to talk what if then bring up the Pacquiao fight. I believe his contract is up next December. We might as well throw that in the pot since we pulling stuff from never never land now. Even a Bradley fight would garner more buzz and do more for Floyd's legacy then a fight with Hopkins. There's no way that fight can be spinned into something positive

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 22 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #14

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 08:29 AM) *
I'm 99% sure this fight won't happen because it's a farce. It doesn't make any sense for Mayweather to fight Hopkins. Your ambition is admirable but misguided. A 49yr old who hasn't fought in that weight class in quite some time and you think he going to win a belt at MW. It's not happening. We know it, the media knows it and Bernard knows it, he's a LHW now and there's nothing he can do about it.

And no offense but I'm getting quite sick of people on here and fans everywhere saying he should fight at 160, his legacy was cemented in the lower classes, the man is an ATG. Stop coming up with these comical demands. Provodnikov and Bradley have one more obligation to TR and could bolt over to GB. If we going to talk this fairy tale shit then that's what we need to talk about. Not some fight with a dude approaching the mid century mark

Bradley, Danny, Ruslan, Khan,Maidana, Matthysse if he can get his name backup, are all more logical choices then this fight. Hell. If we going to talk what if then bring up the Pacquiao fight. I believe his contract is up next December. We might as well throw that in the pot since we pulling stuff from never never land now. Even a Bradley fight would garner more buzz and do more for Floyd's legacy then a fight with Hopkins. There's no way that fight can be spinned into something positive

THIS and nothing else !!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 09:29 AM) *

THIS!!!! I'm also tired of people bringing up Sugar Ray Leonard being the reason why. When Ray Leonard for LHW, he didn't fight a legit light heavyweight. He made LaLonde drain down. Not to mention, Ray Leonard STARTED at welterweight. Floyd started as a Super Featherweight. I thought when you become P4P you get to call the shots. If these guys want to fight him so bad. Drop weight. Chad Dawson took a huge risk cutting weight to fight Ward and he didn't even have to. Dawson has a far better resume than guys like Golovkin. Shit, you could make a case that his resume' is as good as Sergio's.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:04 AM) *
THIS!!!! I'm also tired of people bringing up Sugar Ray Leonard being the reason why. When Ray Leonard for LHW, he didn't fight a legit light heavyweight. He made LaLonde drain down. Not to mention, Ray Leonard STARTED at welterweight. Floyd started as a Super Featherweight. I thought when you become P4P you get to call the shots. If these guys want to fight him so bad. Drop weight. Chad Dawson took a huge risk cutting weight to fight Ward and he didn't even have to. Dawson has a far better resume than guys like Golovkin. Shit, you could make a case that his resume' is as good as Sergio's.

I understand some fans want to see the boundaries pushed but in regards to Floyd, it's like they want some other worldly stuff to take place. I just appreciate the greatness because I know there will not be another fighter like Mayweather Jr, just like we will never see another Ray Robinson or Ray Leonard. It's funny how some people who say those things like Floyd should fight at 160, looking at some of them it's stuff they should be doing lol. I'm tired of fans trying to live thru athletes and also in this regard using Ray Leonard and the fighters of the 80's to justify Floyd fighting at 160.

They set their own path and Mayweather has blazed his own trail, I respect individuality and those who are original and he's definitely that. In regards to a fight with Bernard it just doesn't make sense. He doesn't have a belt at MW and hasn't been in that weight class in many years. It does nothing for his legacy to fight Hopkins. At this point another legacy defining fight besides the one he just had is against Tim Bradley. He can also have a legacy defining fight against a GGG if we going to be throwing stuff out there. Garcia has greatness or at least the potential to be great, that's a legacy fight. And like I said what about Manny whose going to be a free agent soon. All these fights make more sense then Bernard

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:23 AM) *
I understand some fans want to see the boundaries pushed but in regards to Floyd, it's like they want some other worldly stuff to take place. I just appreciate the greatness because I know there will not be another fighter like Mayweather Jr, just like we will never see another Ray Robinson or Ray Leonard. It's funny how some people who say those things like Floyd should fight at 160, looking at some of them it's stuff they should be doing lol. I'm tired of fans trying to live thru athletes and also in this regard using Ray Leonard and the fighters of the 80's to justify Floyd fighting at 160.

They set their own path and Mayweather has blazed his own trail, I respect individuality and those who are original and he's definitely that. In regards to a fight with Bernard it just doesn't make sense. He doesn't have a belt at MW and hasn't been in that weight class in many years. It does nothing for his legacy to fight Hopkins. At this point another legacy defining fight besides the one he just had is against Tim Bradley. He can also have a legacy defining fight against a GGG if we going to be throwing stuff out there. Garcia has greatness or at least the potential to be great, that's a legacy fight. And like I said what about Manny whose going to be a free agent soon. All these fights make more sense then Bernard

Crazy part is, Floyd isn't even a big Welterweight. It's not like he's cutting weight to make 147. When he's fighting these guys at 154, he's coming in as a Welterweight pretty much. I didn't even think he had to go up to 154 to fight Canelo personally. He did so. Beat the clear cut best 154 lber in the world. Now that's not good enough either.

Problem I also have is, if he beat someone at 160, that still wouldn't be good enough. He can't just win at 160 then go back down. If, for instance, he beat Golovkin. It wouldn't just be "Floyd's great. He beat a legit 160 lber in GGG." It would be "well how come he didn't fight Sergio next? Same with the Pacquiao thing. If he fought Manny and beat the breaks off of him, people would say "Manny is passed his prime or too old" even though Floyd is older than him. I just don't get why this era can't appreciate greatness.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 22 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:32 AM) *
Crazy part is, Floyd isn't even a big Welterweight. It's not like he's cutting weight to make 147. When he's fighting these guys at 154, he's coming in as a Welterweight pretty much. I didn't even think he had to go up to 154 to fight Canelo personally. He did so. Beat the clear cut best 154 lber in the world. Now that's not good enough either.

Problem I also have is, if he beat someone at 160, that still wouldn't be good enough. He can't just win at 160 then go back down. If, for instance, he beat Golovkin. It wouldn't just be "Floyd's great. He beat a legit 160 lber in GGG." It would be "well how come he didn't fight Sergio next? Same with the Pacquiao thing. If he fought Manny and beat the breaks off of him, people would say "Manny is passed his prime or too old" even though Floyd is older than him. I just don't get why this era can't appreciate greatness.

Yup, it's never quite good enough is it? It's always well you did this but I bet you can't do that. Then when he does it, they say he was drained, he was past his prime, he was too inexperienced or he was too young. When does it stop being Floyd's fault and start being the fault of the fighters he's facing simply not being on his level?

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 22 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:44 AM) *
Yup, it's never quite good enough is it? It's always well you did this but I bet you can't do that. Then when he does it, they say he was drained, he was past his prime, he was too inexperienced or he was too young. When does it stop being Floyd's fault and start being the fault of the fighters he's facing simply not being on his level?

This is all sad but very true shit.

I believe that we are witnessing history, problem is people won't see it until 10 years from now and realize it.

I believe nobody beats Floyed. And when I say beat, I mean beat him definitely. He may get caught and get knocked out,.. this is boxing and it can happen. But there isn't a better fighter out there who can beat him..

Back to the topic,.. as smart as Bernard is he wouldn't beat him either. I still give Floyed the edge because his legs are still there. If he were to stand with the larger Bernard I can see a fight, other than that a cruise to the cards

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 22 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Fans and media are actually thinking of Floyd fighting Bernard? This is just a testament to Mayweather's greatness and obviously you can't judge him as a usual fighter or champion. The man is simply otherworldly when it comes to his dedication to his craft and the documented insane work ethic of Floyd. I still think if Hopkins were in the same weight class, he would lose.

The next fight should be Provo vs Danny/Matthysse vs Alvarado (I know it won't happen, sadly) winner gets Mayweather. Look, people need to appreciate this guy while he's here because the boxing world will surely miss him when Floyd's gone.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:46 PM