IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tim bradley says no chance of Floyd fight happening!
KOpower
post Oct 25 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 25 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Really?? It's not wrong at all, pac was a popular fighter before this whole Floyd thing happened. It's no coincidence he calls out Floyd before every single one of his fights.. I'm a bigger fan of boxing than I am of either Floyd or pac but Bradley seems like one of the few genuine guys in the industry, but he isn't gonna get paid by being genuine. He needs to turn up his fucking mouth and get some $$$ because like Floyd hes getting disrespected and all he's ever done is win and work hard.

There was serious, SERIOUS demand for Manny-Floyd and that demand came from the fact that Manny was so dominant against so many legitimate fighters. The demand just isn't there for Bradley-Mayweather and Bradley running his mouth won't do much to change that. Manny was wildly popular before the Oscar fight, but after he crushed Oscar and iced Hatton the MP hype really got turned up. Bradley isn't close to that level of hype.

A rematch with Pac is a must for him to get close to that level. He needs to fight and beat Pac pretty convincingly. The VAST majority of reasonable boxing fans know that he lost the first fight, so he needs to win the 2nd fight pretty convincingly.

Bradley is in a tough situation if he doesn't want to fight Pac because the options after him in the TR stable are slim. A rematch with Prov would be a massive mistake. Alvarado is busted and obviously a rematch with JMM isn't in play. A Rios win over Pac would be Bradley's best bet IF he doesn't want to fight Pac, but I can't imagine any other fight for Bradley at this point than Pac.

Hopefully Bradley's contract with TR is up in a year or so. He can get the 1 fight with Pac out of the way, fight a second fight with someone under TR, then move on to GBP for fights against Garcia/Khan/Lucas/Mayweather/Canelo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 25 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 25 2013, 03:57 AM) *
So you then don't respect any legendary Hall of fame heavyweight from the 1900's up to 1980? Because the majority of them did the same exact thing you are knocking.

But they had a legitimate shot at the fight happening lol. I think Bradley is basically saying "let's nip this in the bud now. This fight will never happen and we all know why." Great move character wise. Dumb move business wise. As for Pacquiao, while he certainly built his legacy making big fights, you are absolutely right. A big chunk of Manny's legacy is the fact that people, for some odd reason, think Floyd Mayweather is scared of him. The reason he's still relevant now is because there are casual fans out there that think he's the one person that will beat Floyd. Why? I have no idea. But a substantial portion of his popularity consists of hatred for Mayweather.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 25 2013, 10:32 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 25 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I am not buying this shit whatsoever. Bradley knows his contract is coming to an end and it will be up to him to resign to TR. Now, he could be posturing, making it seem like the Mayweather fight is no big deal to him. On boxingscene it is said that JMM wants a rematch with Bradley, which will be money for both fighters. Here is my thinking, I think Bradley is trying to build name recognition so when the two sides do bargain, he can ask for more money. If he beats JMM twice that will increase his stock. Bradley is not in an iron clad contract like Pac is with TR, if he wants the Mayweather fight all he has to do is wait. If anything, what he just did was build intrigue and want. Plus now, if the public demands this fight, Bradley can point to his manager and say, "its Arum and not me" which will get people really in Arum's ass. Maybe then Arum will be forced to make a fight. Tim is buying his time, he is playing chess....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 25 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm glad he came out and said his contract is up next year so we can all stop wondering lol. What happens with him next, regardless is interesting..if he resigns with TR, who do they match him with? They don't have major players in the 140-154 classes. If Tim rides out the contract. Then who does he fight in the interim to bide his time til he's able to move over to GB? I wouldn't be surprised if win or lose Rios gets the nod

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 25 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 25 2013, 12:38 PM) *
I'm glad he came out and said his contract is up next year so we can all stop wondering lol. What happens with him next, regardless is interesting..if he resigns with TR, who do they match him with? They don't have major players in the 140-154 classes. If Tim rides out the contract. Then who does he fight in the interim to bide his time til he's able to move over to GB? I wouldn't be surprised if win or lose Rios gets the nod

Something tells me he will probably look haymons way first instead of GB. Haymon seems to really take care of his fighters business wise

+Quote Post
truth
post Oct 25 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

I agree that he is playing chess him saying he wants Floyd will only make arum tighten his grip this way he looks loyal to top rank and could possibly walk away smoothly the type of payday a floyd fight would bring would be more than what he could make in two or three fights so him saying the fight wont happen is good game and makes me respect him more i hope he sticks it arum if it's possible. At this point a fight with pac makes since but if Bradley feet aren't messed up he will box circles around pac and that would be bad for arum especially trying to rebuild pacs career so he wont match pac with a boxer anytime soon only guys who come forward unless its jmm

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Oct 25 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

LOL dude they are not fighting as long as he's with top rank its not chess or anything it's him being real, thats why they hate him. He's not misleading the public like pacquaio saying a fight with floyd will happen when it never will

This post has been edited by jtiizzle: Oct 25 2013, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 26 2013, 04:13 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 25 2013, 01:23 PM) *
Something tells me he will probably look haymons way first instead of GB. Haymon seems to really take care of his fighters business wise

Maybe, I'd love to see Haymon and Dunkin work side by side lol....but Haymon does that with GRJ who isn't signed to any promotional company, he just takes the fights with GB fighters because that's what Haymon lines up for him

+Quote Post
truth
post Oct 26 2013, 05:52 AM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 25 2013, 10:14 PM) *
LOL dude they are not fighting as long as he's with top rank its not chess or anything it's him being real, thats why they hate him. He's not misleading the public like pacquaio saying a fight with floyd will happen when it never will

I know that's why it is chess thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead if arum thought Bradley is going to leave he would stall tim out

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 26 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 25 2013, 10:14 PM) *

Yea I gotta agree here. I think we are giving Tim a little too much credit. I think he was just being blunt and honest...almost to a fault. I think Bradley has come to terms with the fact that Arum isn't going to promote him into the star he feels he could be so his only goal while he's under Top Rank is to beat every person Bob puts in front of him and spoil Bob's plans of building a new cash cow.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:02 PM