IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tim bradley says no chance of Floyd fight happening!
Dolimite
post Oct 26 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 26 2013, 06:09 AM) *
Yea I gotta agree here. I think we are giving Tim a little too much credit. I think he was just being blunt and honest...almost to a fault. I think Bradley has come to terms with the fact that Arum isn't going to promote him into the star he feels he could be so his only goal while he's under Top Rank is to beat every person Bob puts in front of him and spoil Bob's plans of building a new cash cow.

Which is why he should leave when his contract is up. He be a dummy to stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 26 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 26 2013, 09:09 AM) *
Yea I gotta agree here. I think we are giving Tim a little too much credit. I think he was just being blunt and honest...almost to a fault. I think Bradley has come to terms with the fact that Arum isn't going to promote him into the star he feels he could be so his only goal while he's under Top Rank is to beat every person Bob puts in front of him and spoil Bob's plans of building a new cash cow.

I'm not giving him any credit lol. I was taking credit away.

The dude is being blunt, and its respectable that hes honest. But honesty isn't gonna get him checks cut! Even if the fight is nearly impossible open your mouth bro! Talk that shit! Make it so it looks like you don't want any other fight! You have kids and their futures to think of, you can't fight forever.. he can't do any worse than guerrero at talking shit

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 26 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 24 2013, 10:25 PM) *
As a fan, I'm glad he said what he said. That being said, what you said was spot on. That's how he got the Pacquiao fight.

I don't hardly believe that but I think the reason he got the fight with Pac is because first and foremost he's with TR, second Arum figured Manny P would beat the brakes off of Tim easily but it backfired on him just as it did in the Provo fight.

You have to understand that Arum doesn't support his AA fighters unless they fight like Gatti which is why he goaded Tim into fighting a brawling style vs Provo and he's now attempting to bash on Rigo (although not black but has dark skin) in the public calling him boring and saying he needs to fight more of a fan friendly style.

No matter how much crying out Tim does/using the Pacquiao formula (aligning his name with Floyd's every chance he gets) he will not get that fight just as Tim stated as long as Bradley remains with Top Rank.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 27 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 26 2013, 11:00 PM) *
I don't hardly believe that but I think the reason he got the fight with Pac is because first and foremost he's with TR, second Arum figured Manny P would beat the brakes off of Tim easily but it backfired on him just as it did in the Provo fight.

You have to understand that Arum doesn't support his AA fighters unless they fight like Gatti which is why he goaded Tim into fighting a brawling style vs Provo and he's now attempting to bash on Rigo (although not black but has dark skin) in the public calling him boring and saying he needs to fight more of a fan friendly style.

No matter how much crying out Tim does/using the Pacquiao formula (aligning his name with Floyd's every chance he gets) he will not get that fight just as Tim stated as long as Bradley remains with Top Rank.

he didn't goad Bradley.. come on bro, Bradley is a stubborn dude he fought that way because he thought he could.

And as far as him using floyds name that's just what it would be, because its been painfully obvious from the start of this thread that we all know the fight is not possible. What we were debating was whether or not he made the right move by not USING floyds name to gain some publicity and help out his buzz.

While I do find it honorable to tell fans (especially those less educated
) that the fight is never happening while he's under TR. But I don't think it was smart financially

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 27 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

He ain't cooking right

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 27 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 27 2013, 01:05 AM) *
1.he didn't goad Bradley.. come on bro, Bradley is a stubborn dude he fought that way because he thought he could.

And as far as him using floyds name that's just what it would be, because its been painfully obvious from the start of this thread that we all know the fight is not possible. What we were debating was whether or not 2.he made the right move by not USING floyds name to gain some publicity and help out his buzz.

While I do find it honorable to tell fans (especially those less educated
) that the fight is never happening while he's under TR. 3.But I don't think it was smart financially

1. You don't think that Arum had anything to do with the way that Bradley fought Provo? That's cool, it's your right to disagree but look how long Tim was shelved with TR before he fought this fight, furthermore look at the things that Bob is saying now to and about Rigo and how he needs to become more "Fan Friendly" if you will, that's just another way of saying fight like an unskilled fighter while putting yourself at risk all for the entertainment of the public. Cool, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

2. Yes, it is always the right move to use Mayweather's name to garner publicity, every fighter short of Klitschko is doing it nowadays and it worked for Manny Pac for doing it all these years then why shouldn't it work for them or Tim for that matter.

3. It isn't smart financially for Tim to stay with Top Rank if this is what you are referring to then I agree, he can make far more money by not signing or re-upping with Top Rank/Arum than he could if he stayed. Look how smart Cotto was and got his deal with Floyd, if only Pacquiao was smart enough to leave Arum then we would've already have seen the Floyd vs Manny P fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 27 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 27 2013, 02:30 AM) *
He ain't cooking right

You could have saved me some posts by saying this earlier lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 27 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 27 2013, 02:26 PM) *
1. You don't think that Arum had anything to do with the way that Bradley fought Provo? That's cool, it's your right to disagree but look how long Tim was shelved with TR before he fought this fight, furthermore look at the things that Bob is saying now to and about Rigo and how he needs to become more "Fan Friendly" if you will, that's just another way of saying fight like an unskilled fighter while putting yourself at risk all for the entertainment of the public. Cool, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

2. Yes, it is always the right move to use Mayweather's name to garner publicity, every fighter short of Klitschko is doing it nowadays and it worked for Manny Pac for doing it all these years then why shouldn't it work for them or Tim for that matter.

3. It isn't smart financially for Tim to stay with Top Rank if this is what you are referring to then I agree, he can make far more money by not signing or re-upping with Top Rank/Arum than he could if he stayed. Look how smart Cotto was and got his deal with Floyd, if only Pacquiao was smart enough to leave Arum then we would've already have seen the Floyd vs Manny P fight.

Idk where that 1 came from on my post Lmao so don't think I was trying to talk down to you or something bro.

But your right, its your opinion also about the arum topic and ill respect it.

But after the pac fight, with the backlash he got... The death threats, the hate, lack of respect, as a man I think he was just trying to prove a point with ruslan and had less to do with arum and more with public opinion and everything that built up. Look at the type of competitor Bradley is, I think all those factors are what set him on course to perform the way he did against provo. But arum was a part of it to I agree with that. But as an athlete, I would probably go out and do the same thing after everything he went through

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 27 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #29

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 27 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Idk where that 1 came from on my post Lmao so don't think I was trying to talk down to you or something bro.

But your right, its your opinion also about the arum topic and ill respect it.

But after the pac fight, with the backlash he got... The death threats, the hate, lack of respect, as a man I think he was just trying to prove a point with ruslan and had less to do with arum and more with public opinion and everything that built up. Look at the type of competitor Bradley is, I think all those factors are what set him on course to perform the way he did against provo. But arum was a part of it to I agree with that. But as an athlete, I would probably go out and do the same thing after everything he went through

You could be right about Tim having a chip on his shoulder since being put on the shelf by Arum and part of it could just be his competitive nature as well but those things we do not know for sure or not but what is tangible is now we have Arum suggesting that Rigo fight a more "fan friendly" style to accommodate supposed more interests from the public or to please Bob Arum whichever we decide.

+Quote Post
TyFromQueens
post Oct 28 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #30

Amateur

Member No.: 14,013

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 27 2013, 12:00 AM) *

Rigo is black. He's not African American,but he is black.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:52 PM