IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Quillin-Rosado/Hopkins-Murat, No Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Franchize
post Oct 28 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #131

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2013, 03:32 PM) *
I thought gabe deserved some rounds but quillin won the majority, no controversy. I thought quillin took some clean shots extremely well. I think I had it something like 5-2-1 through 8, good fight. Rosado needs to get some surgery or work on his d because that face ain't holding up bra

I thought quillin did very well against a good fighter.

You pretty much summed up everything I said in way fewer words lmao I need to let you write some of my posts lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 28 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #132

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 28 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Gabe lost. We must get over it. He was the one who was going to be stopped regardless. We all love him but he likes to brawl but that's a problem because his face can't hold up. Now the scorecards were out of whack but one more round and that fight would've been a lock for Quillin to win. Gabe made Quillin uncomfortable but Quillin was open casket sharp with his punches. His placement was very good

On another note. Looks like won't be no rematch lol.... Schaefer has said he's hoping to make Quillin-Jacobs Feb 1st. Superbowl weekend. Damn they done stole another idea from us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Jacobs is a step backwards for kid

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 28 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #133

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 28 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Jacobs is a step backwards for kid

Well he's in the same boat as Bernard. This network rivalry is preventing us from seeing the best matchups. They have to take what they get I guess, I do think it's a great idea to have the card on Superbowl weekend though

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 28 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #134

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 28 2013, 12:27 AM) *
Rosado should have asserted himself in the earlier rounds. The judges most likely have every close round to the champ. I wouldn't call this a robbery by any means. I wish we had the opportunity to see those last rounds play out.

I do too, but that's the sport, and it's clear the dude that's being groomed to be a draw will get the nod. There is no way the cards were ever that far apart but we'll agree to disagree. I can see why Paulie signed with good ole Al, if you can't beat em, may as well join em, expect him to get the close decision in the Judah fight.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Oct 29 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #135

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 28 2013, 08:25 PM) *
I do too, but that's the sport, and it's clear the dude that's being groomed to be a draw will get the nod. There is no way the cards were ever that far apart but we'll agree to disagree. I can see why Paulie signed with good ole Al, if you can't beat em, may as well join em, expect him to get the close decision in the Judah fight.

This

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 30 2013, 03:21 AM
Post #136

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Had it 5-4 for Qullian. BS Golden Boy and Al Haymon politics with those two ridiculous cards. Seriously? A SHUT OUT for Peter and ONE ROUND for Rosado in what had been a very close fight? I think they are all shaking borrowed Jim Lamply pom-poms. Make the undefeated guy a star, and fuck Rosadio cuz he's got losses on his record. The better marketed guy, especially with "0" record always gets the breaks.

They had no business stopping that, even though the cut was bad. If the fight is competitive, let it go on. Would they have stopped it like that if Peter the star in the making had been cut like that? I don't think so, no way.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 30 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #137

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Rosado is now on my STFUF or "shut the fuck up forever" list. That whole rant he had about Quillin was uncalled for. Quillin didn't diss him. He didn't brag about the win. He showed him props afterwards. Why you taking shots at him? Because he didn't jump at the opportunity to rematch you? Motherfucker...the fight was FOUR DAYS AGO! Calm the fuck down dude. What little sympathy I had for this dude is now gone. Tkae ya bitch ass somewhere. Go fight Corey Spinx or something. Next time, try and win decisively (or at all for that matter) so you don't have to cry about a cut ending your fight. It isn't like he headbutted you and you were dominating. It was a close fight. He was catching you coming in all night. You got hit. The ref stopped it. Maybe if you jabbed your way in and wasn't on your own dick yelling "whoo" just because you landed a shot, you wouldn't be in this position. In a lighter note, congrats on making the Shut the Fuck Up Forever list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 30 2013, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 30 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #138

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 30 2013, 03:03 PM) *
Rosado is now on my STFUF or "shut the fuck up forever" list. That whole rant he had about Quillin was uncalled for. Quillin didn't diss him. He didn't brag about the win. He showed him props afterwards. Why you taking shots at him? Because he didn't jump at the opportunity to rematch you? Motherfucker...the fight was FOUR DAYS AGO! Calm the fuck down dude. What little sympathy I had for this dude is now gone. Tkae ya bitch ass somewhere. Go fight Corey Spinx or something. Next time, try and win decisively (or at all for that matter) so you don't have to cry about a cut ending your fight. It isn't like he headbutted you and you were dominating. It was a close fight. He was catching you coming in all night. You got hit. The ref stopped it. Maybe if you jabbed your way in and wasn't on your own dick yelling "whoo" just because you landed a shot, you wouldn't be in this position. In a lighter note, congrats on making the Shut the Fuck Up Forever list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

He lost some respect from me too with that, he doesn't know how to lose graciously. He came up with that dumb stuff about the gloves of Golovkin, he had some slick shit to say when he lost to J'Leon, now he's questioning and wrongfully so the integrity of a champion. Now that fight was closer then the scorecards but make no mistake about it, he was on his way to losing what should've been a close decision by Quillin. But I think Qiuillin would've stopped him anyway because that was a bad cut

He needs to realize that the way he fights is exciting but he wanna brawl with a face with weak scare tissue. He had no problem showboating in there, that could be seen as poor taste. IDK man, dude may never get a championship, he certainly doesn't do himself any favors with these off the cuff and baseless remarks. He showed his true colors, he and Peter were friends but now they not, dude is dumb lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 30 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #139

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What do you think about a hypothetical rule called "The Cut Warning?"

The cut warning rule would require a referee or doctor to say to the fighter in between rounds. or during a time out to examine a cut "You have a really bad cut, and you need to show some offense in the next round or I will have to stop it." In Quillin-Rosado, we knew that Rosado had a bad cut. But the give and take nature of the fight should have at least allowed such a statement to be made when time was called for the doctor to look at the cut. The doctor after the fist time out let the fight continue. However, after just a couple more punches the referee called time and the doctor said no more. How could a cut be bad, but deemed OK to allow the fight to continue and about 30 seconds later too bad to continue? This was all happening when ringside commentary said they talked to the doctor who said the cut was bad, but not seemingly impeding Rosado's vision.

The doctor or ref should tell the fighter if a cut is bad, he may consider stopping the fight. Especially if it is as two-sided as it was in the ring. I agree with Paaulie Malignaggi. If a fight is two-sided like that, let the fighter continue.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #140

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 30 2013, 11:31 PM) *
What do you think about a hypothetical rule called "The Cut Warning?"

The cut warning rule would require a referee or doctor to say to the fighter in between rounds. or during a time out to examine a cut "You have a really bad cut, and you need to show some offense in the next round or I will have to stop it." In Quillin-Rosado, we knew that Rosado had a bad cut. But the give and take nature of the fight should have at least allowed such a statement to be made when time was called for the doctor to look at the cut. The doctor after the fist time out let the fight continue. However, after just a couple more punches the referee called time and the doctor said no more. How could a cut be bad, but deemed OK to allow the fight to continue and about 30 seconds later too bad to continue? This was all happening when ringside commentary said they talked to the doctor who said the cut was bad, but not seemingly impeding Rosado's vision.

The doctor or ref should tell the fighter if a cut is bad, he may consider stopping the fight. Especially if it is as two-sided as it was in the ring. I agree with Paaulie Malignaggi. If a fight is two-sided like that, let the fighter continue.

Jack

If a cut is as bad a Rosado's cut, but he's able to defend himself and fight back, then the fight should go on. He was allowed to continue in the GGG fight, but hey, that was a different state, commission, and ref.

I dont know even know at this point. I like Golden Boy and the shows that they put on, but there just seems to be this crooked state of urgency that they put on, especially when their guy is supposed to win. GBP has been screwed a number of times, but they seem to be settling the score nowadays.

Again, whatever happened in the Quillen/Rosado fight, is just what happened, there's not much that can be done now. It just seems too common nowadays...Golden Boy puts on these great shows, but as soon as an outside fighter is brought in to do business, we're being wowed with these great matchups, and missing the big picture when the other guy gets screwed in the end.

As for the ref stepping in and halting the fight, so that the doctor can view the cut again...that's a huge gray area that needs to be addressed. The ref is responsible for the fighter's safety, and so is the ringside doctor...so whose word/judgement is more important at that moment? What if they (the ref and the ring doctor) dont agree at that time? I believe that it's a lot easier to line the pockets of a ref, who has more opportunities to stop a fight, than a ringside doctor, whose role is services are uncertain (read: nobody truly predicts bad cuts) going into the fight.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:41 PM