Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Joe Calzaghe vs Modern Super Middle and Lightheavy Champions, The Match Ups
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 30 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Took me weeks to conjure the mouth watering dream match ups. As some of us know the, "Italian Dragon" aka Super Joe or The Pride of Wales was one of the best fighters in his day. With a very high volume punch output, stamina, unorthodox/southpaw, heart, and discipline to go against his competitors. Many say he hasn't really fought no one but I detest that notion. He has undefeated Kessler, undefeated Bika, undefeated Lacy, Hopkins, Jones Jr. , undefeated Mark Delaney, and Chris Eubank on his resume.

Now lets look at the modern day match ups shall we:
Super Middle Champs
Joe Calzaghe vs Carl Froch
Joe Calzaghe vs Andre Ward
Joe Calzaghe vs Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe vs Robert Stiegletz

Conclusion: I think he beats all except Ward and maybe Froch. His style would give both huge fits unless they go to the body early and Ward with his IQ would definitely go to the body plus use the ring to its full advantage. Froch has the chin of an ox and I can see him hurting Joe but not stopping him to get a wide loss or close win due to Joe's business. The others are self explanatory and with their styles it would be a even worse style match up for them.

LightHeavyweight Champs:
Joe Calzaghe vs Adonis Stevenson
Joe Calzaghe vs Sergey Kovalev

Conclusion:
Tough match up for Joe because I think his chin is above average but I seriously think both guys hit harder than all of Joe's opponents other than maybe Delaney. I see Calzaghe not throwing toe to toe and staying on the outside while throwing his combos. If either man catches him I do think they can finish him off. Stevenson can box a bit and would have to time Joe. Kovalev goes to the body so he might have an easier time.

Well there you have it folks I think Calzaghe isn't overrated or underrated I think he would be a top 10 or top 5 super middle or lightheavy champ and most likely withour his "0".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BrutUalBK
post Nov 3 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

As long as Cal is Coked Up then he beats everyone, even god.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:43 AM