IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pacquiao vs. Rios-Preview and Poll! (November 23, PPV), Who Will Win? Officials Named! (Page 3, Post 22)
Pacquiao-Rios
Who Wins?-Vote Now and Comment!
Pacquiao by Dec. (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Pacquiao by Dec. (Wide) [ 4 ] ** [23.53%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Rios by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

Jack 1000
post Nov 1 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My judgement is that this will be fireworks! It's a 50/50 fight, because many say that Rios is tailor made for Manny, but who knows how well or not well Manny has recovered from the knockout by Marquez? Rios will be there and Manny will have to take a lot as well. Will this be an all-out brawl? A tactical boxing match? Or both?

I wish it was NOT in China. Seriously, Oriental Populations respond to fireworks or amazing things in boxing as though they are attending the opera. It will be Saturday, November 23@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) on PPV. (Don't know what time that is in China.) Cost is $59.95 for SD broadcast and $69.95 for the HD broadcast.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Nov 1 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,011

Manny will win a close decision. Rios can box a little when he wants, but he doesn't move his head enough. His straight forward style is what Manny likes. If he decides to box and move a little, I think he has enough pop in his punches to keep Manny off-balance a little. If Rios decides to fight straight up, he'll be in for a long night. I think he'll play smart for a bit, then result to brawling. It will be a very good fight. They will try to box for a bit, then go to what they do best. Both will go down during the fight, but Manny gets the decision.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 1 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I don't see anyway Pacquiao loses this fight. Pacman is just too fast for Rios. 116-112 Pac.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think Manny will knock him out, I'd be surprised if it goes the distance. I just think that Manny is too quick and Rios stalks too damn much. Sure he'll be there as long as he's standing up but he doesn't have the stuff to trouble Pacquiao. He does have a puncher's chance but that's all I see. Rios wins if Pacquiao is seriously diminished from that JMM KO. But I don't see it, Manny is going to overwhelm Brandon and stop him

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 1 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Pacquiao by UD (close)

115-113 and 116-112 (twice)

Jack

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Nov 1 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I don't see Pacquiao knocking Rios out. I see this as a hard 12 rounder just like PacvMargarito. But I'm going with my gut and say it'll be a stoppage win for Pacquiao. Rios is too slow and loads up on punches. Pacquiao wont be there to have rock'em sock'em robots with Rios.

Pacquiao by late TKO stoppage

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 1 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Pac by late stoppage seems like the most likeliest outcome

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 3 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 1 2013, 02:44 PM) *
I think Manny will knock him out, I'd be surprised if it goes the distance. I just think that Manny is too quick and Rios stalks too damn much. Sure he'll be there as long as he's standing up but he doesn't have the stuff to trouble Pacquiao. He does have a puncher's chance but that's all I see. Rios wins if Pacquiao is seriously diminished from that JMM KO. But I don't see it, Manny is going to overwhelm Brandon and stop him

Ding ding ding. Winner

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 3 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

do you think brandon rios is marer than JMM, do you think rios is a better fighter then cotto, margo, mosley, hatton, de la hoya, bradley, and all those guys that manny whooped on? i dont think so. so i dont see it happening. i see manny boxing and frustrating rios, then tko'ing him mid fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 4 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Never seen Rios fight effectively from the outside...I've only seen him go for the gusto with brawling on the inside. Never seen Manny even have to fight on the inside, ever. At best, I've seen Bradley attempt a few clinches with Manny, but it looked awkward, and was very brief.

Depending on the ref (if he's not too much of a Pac fan), we may not even get to see Rios fight on the inside. It puts me in the mindset of Cortez, when he wouldn't allow Hatton to maul and brawl with Floyd in a nasty game of fighting on the inside.

Nonetheless, Manny was kicking Juan's butt in the 4th fight (aside from the 3rd round and the KO), and he looked sharper than ever in that fight. Now, that fight motivation for Manny (to end the Marquez saga for good), but Im not sure what his motivation is for the Rios fight. Of course he wants to prove that he still has it, but Im not sure if Rios is that opponent that will bring that fire out of him.

All in all, I already mentioned in the GGG/Stevens thread...Im giving as much logical input as I can, but Im going for the underdogs for the rest of the year. I think Rios can clip him, put him on the canvas, or even stop him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now that I think about it, Rios owes Bob a favors for those jacked up cards in the Abril fight...maybe Rios pulls a Clottey in this one. I pray not. Lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:50 PM