IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pacquiao vs. Rios-Preview and Poll! (November 23, PPV), Who Will Win? Officials Named! (Page 3, Post 22)
Pacquiao-Rios
Who Wins?-Vote Now and Comment!
Pacquiao by Dec. (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Pacquiao by Dec. (Wide) [ 4 ] ** [23.53%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Rios by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

pimpfighterROQ
post Nov 5 2013, 01:27 AM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,368

seriously Cshel? Lol I like going for underdogs too. But have you seen how Rios looks in training in Ellie Seckback youtube vids? I know lookin good training is not a indication of a sure win in a fight but daamn that boy looks slow as fuck. Throws hooks slow and wide. He does not possess the timing of Marquez to catch him.

Rios needs to work his jab. He has a strong jab shown in Alvarado II. And if he could learn anything from his Papa Margarito is that he jabbed Pacquiao which bothered him quite often in the early rounds. Even Bradley jabs bothered Pacquiao.

This post has been edited by pimpfighterROQ: Nov 5 2013, 01:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Nov 5 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I picked Pac by decision. First off, this fight is a fucking shame. Brother Bob is already saying if Pac looks good then the Mayweather fight will happen next year! I am not buying this shit, too close to Black Friday, I need a new Fridge and my kid wants a Nabi. The thing that bothers me about this fight is that, its the same ingredient for a Pac fight. Instead of fighting a fighter coming off a win he is fighting someone coming off a war and a loss. It is typical Pac match making. Mike A, should be fighting in November not Brandon. I think Brandon will knock Manny down twice in the fight but he ain't winning. Be sure to hear all the HBO cheerleaders going ape shit crazy over Pac. Enjoy the fight fellas.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 5 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Does Pacquiao Believe Rios is Another Hatton?

Interesting article from Yahoo/Boxing Scene:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquia...00130--box.html

I think Manny's speed will be the difference, but how well has he recovered from getting KO'd from a fighter who is not noted as a big puncher? Also what roll do you think drug testing may play in this fight? Could it be lax as the bought is in China, and therefore seemingly not subjected to the same type of improved standards that Floyd Mayweather and other boxing commissions have talked about in recent years?

Jack

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Nov 5 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I think what Manny Pacquiao said about using the Hatton gameplan is using more of his right hook. I've been watching his mitt workout and I saw him using it more often than usual. Everyone gameplans of studying and avoiding his left hand. Bradley, Marquez and Mosley has shown how to do it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 6 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

supposedly they sent a sparring partner home, Pacs sparring partner, saying he didnt fit the mould more or less. Anybody think Pacs being dropped in sparring?

This post has been edited by mgrover: Nov 6 2013, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 6 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 6 2013, 07:41 PM) *
supposedly they sent a sparring partner home, Pacs sparring partner, saying he didnt fit the mould more or less. Anybody think Pacs being dropped in sparring?

That's usually why sparring partners get sent home, at least to my knowledge...unless they're getting sent home with injuries and so on. Who knows though...they typically do stuff like this with Manny leading up to his fights.

His focus is questioned, Freddie's always worried, Ariza's the stepchild, Koncz is just in the way, and articles are published when Manny passes gas...not much has changed over the years. Manny's probably as sharp as a razor right now, lol.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 7 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 6 2013, 10:34 PM) *
That's usually why sparring partners get sent home, at least to my knowledge...unless they're getting sent home with injuries and so on. Who knows though...they typically do stuff like this with Manny leading up to his fights.

His focus is questioned, Freddie's always worried, Ariza's the stepchild, Koncz is just in the way, and articles are published when Manny passes gas...not much has changed over the years. Manny's probably as sharp as a razor right now, lol.

This

Or maybe dude was trying to show manny up instead of trying to give manny that "Rios" type of style.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 11 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 6 2013, 07:41 PM) *

No they said his body couldn't fit any mold cuz manny beat his bones to sillyputty.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 13 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #19

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

WOW!!!

No votes for Rios yet! I still pick Manny, but this is going to be a tough fight for both.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 14 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 13 2013, 11:23 PM) *
WOW!!!

No votes for Rios yet! I still pick Manny, but this is going to be a tough fight for both.

Jack

It's just something about these damn polls Jack...as soon as I click a check box, I just lose my train of thought. Even when I'm creating a poll, I do the opening thread post first, THEN I go back and create the poll. This has been an embarrassing trait of mine, for a while now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 03:52 AM