IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pacquiao vs. Rios-Preview and Poll! (November 23, PPV), Who Will Win? Officials Named! (Page 3, Post 22)
Pacquiao-Rios
Who Wins?-Vote Now and Comment!
Pacquiao by Dec. (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Pacquiao by Dec. (Wide) [ 4 ] ** [23.53%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Rios by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

Gambit808
post Nov 22 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

How is it these guys (Khan & Pacquiao) can be mention as opponents to Mayweather now without even avenging KO losses, if not, decisive losses? Even from a buisness prospective, if both were to be considered for it, wouldn't their stock in the fight be worth a lot more by avenging at lease one of those losses, than just building off of tune up fights?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 23 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 22 2013, 11:09 PM) *
How is it these guys (Khan & Pacquiao) can be mention as opponents to Mayweather now without even avenging KO losses, if not, decisive losses? Even from a buisness prospective, if both were to be considered for it, wouldn't their stock in the fight be worth a lot more by avenging at lease one of those losses, than just building off of tune up fights?

I don't think Khan should be a viable option but in also don't understand the avenge then losses theory. It's a new prerequisite to fights being made according to some now. Many had Manny beating Bradley and the case could be made that he beat JMM in their previous meetings. Now.all of a sudden he has to avenge his loss? I'm not on board with that, if he beats Rios and beats someone else then the public will demand it again. I never thought Pacquiao would beat Mayweather Jr and after his blast few performances I'm sure of it even more so now

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 23 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Manny has beaten bigger and better guys. Rios is a punching bag. Manny will look good and sharp against Rios and should end the fight within the distance.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Nov 23 2013, 04:07 AM
Post #44

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I can't see Rios quitting unless he gets put to sleep, which I'm not sure that Pacquiao is able to do anymore.

I'd say Pacman just hits him a lot and cleanly, while taking some shots himself, but ultimately winning a pretty wide decision.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 23 2013, 05:25 AM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 23 2013, 12:09 AM) *

Pacs a draw. If he submits to floyds demands he will get the fight, at this time arum is just making it a drawing point for pac. I mean seriously this fight has little steam since the mayweather fire behind manny died out. Of course hes gonna mention Floyd before his fight, but based on the circumstances the fight is as dead in the water as can be. No way do I see Floyd going to Asia to fight manny who does not want to fight in the states anymore. And he also said he wouldn't fight manny with a TR banner involved. This is the same typical noise arum makes before every pac fight to draw flies to shit..

Khan doesn't deserve any part of the top players. He lost to lamont, got kod, and nearly got flattened by a lightweight. He should take some time to build some momentum again, maybe fight the winner of maidana broner or Robert guerrero, victor ortiz. Dude has nothing going for him right now other than being from Europe lol

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 23 2013, 07:49 AM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 23 2013, 01:06 AM) *
I don't think Khan should be a viable option but in also don't understand the avenge then losses theory. It's a new prerequisite to fights being made according to some now. Many had Manny beating Bradley and the case could be made that he beat JMM in their previous meetings. Now.all of a sudden he has to avenge his loss? I'm not on board with that, if he beats Rios and beats someone else then the public will demand it again. I never thought Pacquiao would beat Mayweather Jr and after his blast few performances I'm sure of it even more so now

I agree to a degree with your post here, but in the case of my "avenging a loss theorie", I just feel when guys in both cases say "well you know, he got lucky. It was a lucky shot" making it sound as though that fighter didn't just have there number for that fight, or without there own mishaps, things shoulda coulda woulda been different... Ok then, if you're in the position to prove it, then do so. Nothing comes sweeter than revenge and when u look at the possible match ups waiting for either Bradley or Marquez or Pacquiao within the top rank stable, the most lucrative names on a short list are the fights they've either lost in or seemed the most vulnerable in if we look at it through a buisness perspective. If there is a better case of redemption other than facing the ones that made these fighters seem vulnerable at this stage Chi, then I'd like to know them.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Nov 23 2013, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 23 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 23 2013, 05:25 AM) *
Pacs a draw. If he submits to floyds demands he will get the fight, at this time arum is just making it a drawing point for pac. I mean seriously this fight has little steam since the mayweather fire behind manny died out. Of course hes gonna mention Floyd before his fight, but based on the circumstances the fight is as dead in the water as can be. No way do I see Floyd going to Asia to fight manny who does not want to fight in the states anymore. And he also said he wouldn't fight manny with a TR banner involved. This is the same typical noise arum makes before every pac fight to draw flies to shit..

Khan doesn't deserve any part of the top players. He lost to lamont, got kod, and nearly got flattened by a lightweight. He should take some time to build some momentum again, maybe fight the winner of maidana broner or Robert guerrero, victor ortiz. Dude has nothing going for him right now other than being from Europe lol

Agreed.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 23 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #48

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Pacquiao by KO

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Nov 23 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #49

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 23 2013, 02:06 AM) *

Feel sorry for d rose

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cant wait for this damn fight to come on. The weigh-in was garbage, both guys are forced to be "buddies, and Arum has hired every human possible, to pretty much clutch at straws to see who says the most "interesting" thing about the fight.

It just spells "dud" to me. I mean, Arum has these guys in China taking pictures with each other, touring, kissing babies, shaking hands, and such...as if they're on vacation. Nothing about this, tells me that a fight is about to happen...nothing.

On top of that, the undercard is nothing to be impressed with. It's like Arum didn't even try...the same goes for the Chavez/Martinez and Bradley/Marquez card...he barely lifted a finger to make that undercar worth watching.

Manny's fights have never been "events"...the public just knows that he's getting ready to fight.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:39 PM