IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tim Bradley and Rigo not invited to HBO Dinner, Why? Jadakiss we need you to answer this!! lol
BrutUalBK
post Nov 1 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

HBO is so FOS, they didn't even put Tim Bradley and Rigo on the list for their Dinner of Champions but yet Terrance Crawford and Nonito Donaire were on the list. This that Bullsh*t right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IupwcUy-nH0

Your thoughts on HBO (Hate Bruthas Only) latest move???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 1 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Crawford won't be there next year so he'd better make a to-go plate.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 2 2013, 01:48 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Yeah they already put the warning out on Crawford if he doesn't fight the way they want him too. I think it's a slap in the face to Tim and Rigondeaux but success is the best revenge. And if they just keep on winning they will be able to shove HBO's nose in the shit and move to greener pastures

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 1 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I didn't check. But is Marquez on the list? If not, probably not good enough for Ken Hershman and "Bang, Bang Bang" Lamply. For "Bang Bang Bang" Tim and Rigo are boring so they aren't invited! KO'ing HBO's and "Bang Bang Bang's" poster child Manny, does not score points with the new regime at HBO or for "Bang Bang Bang!" However, it would be funny if the "boring fighters" who weren't invited crashed the award dinner and started a scene! hahaha!

Jack

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Nov 1 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Hmmmmmmm

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 1 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

How long will Top Rank and HBO get away with this shit. They are going to lose fighters when their contract is up and GBP will be waiting in the wings. We may even see some up and coming promotional companies become a major player if they can capitalize off of the Cold War that's going on. Bob can only recycle the same 4 fighters on PPV a few more times before the public loses interest. I'm not counting TR out just yet because Bob is a old school pimp in the game.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 2 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The guys don't draw, don't fight "the right way", and don't get along with arum.. is this really any surprise?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 2 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2013, 01:34 AM) *
The guys don't draw, don't fight "the right way", and don't get along with arum.. is this really any surprise?

Actually, to be honest I am surprised. If we were talking about an award or a big pay day, I wouldn't be shocked at all. A dinner invitation though? That's just going out of your way to be petty. They didn't do anything wrong. I'm not surprised Arum won't promote them the way they deserve. I am surprised that they're so disliked that they don't even get an invite. I mean, at the end of the day, they're coming off of the two most impactful victories of any fighter on HBO.

O yea and what about Maravilla?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 2 2013, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 2 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 2 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Actually, to be honest I am surprised. If we were talking about an award or a big pay day, I wouldn't be shocked at all. A dinner invitation though? That's just going out of your way to be petty. They didn't do anything wrong. I'm not surprised Arum won't promote them the way they deserve. I am surprised that they're so disliked that they don't even get an invite. I mean, at the end of the day, they're coming off of the two most impactful victories of any fighter on HBO.

O yea and what about Maravilla?

Those wins didn't just impact the boxing world, they impacted Hbo and not in a good way. Those two guys just beat three of hbos biggest draws and more entertaining fighters (pac, nonito, marquez). Like I said its no surprise they weren't invited to an Hbo dinner.

As for martinez I'm pretty sure Hbo doesn't like him much either but swallowed their pride since dude was on a ko streak and makes for good fights.. I fully expect them to throw him under the bus when he comes back healthy and is about to fight one of their prized guys like cotto, ggg, or a chavez rematch.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 2 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Those wins didn't just impact the boxing world, they impacted Hbo and not in a good way. Those two guys just beat three of hbos biggest draws and more entertaining fighters (pac, nonito, marquez). Like I said its no surprise they weren't invited to an Hbo dinner.

As for martinez I'm pretty sure Hbo doesn't like him much either but swallowed their pride since dude was on a ko streak and makes for good fights.. I fully expect them to throw him under the bus when he comes back healthy and is about to fight one of their prized guys like cotto, ggg, or a chavez rematch.

Maravilla was there?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:01 AM