IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Golovkin vs. Stevens-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 2 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #111

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Golovkin won on ability, power, skill, and looked beatable. Ward has all the tools to beat him but will his own power be respected by Triple G? Lots of questions will be answered in that fight by Triple G.

P.s. GGG showed a pretty good beard in taking in hellacious shots from a guy who was fighting at lightheavy.

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Nov 2 2013, 11:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 3 2013, 04:40 AM
Post #112

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Go to bed bro, before I start posting links of your baseless rhetoric.

And this is why you are my favorite fighthype mod.....

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 3 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #113

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Good fight. Stevens frustrated me. If he listned to his corner, he wouldn't have taken as much punishment and had to go into survival mode, which ultimately led to his demise. I thought Golovkin was very poised. It was a tough fight to watch with all the nuthuggery Jim Lampley was spewing out lol I gave Stevens rounds 4 and 5. It was a solid fight. GGG did what he had to do but he needs to fight some better opposition before these P4P discussions start coming up. Unlike Pacquiao, network and promoter opposition shouldn't be an obstacle. There is no reason why he shouldn't have a fight Martinez or Ward in the near future...if not both.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 3 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #114

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 2 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Go to bed bro, before I start posting links of your baseless rhetoric.

Go ahead and find something...ANYTHING. Go ahead and find a post of mine where I call Floyd a bad fighter, an overrated fighter, etc. You can't find it because I have an immense amount of respect for Floyd as a fighter. The problem is that YOU like to fit everyone in either 1 of 2 camps. You want to believe that fans either like slugging "rock em sock em robot" fights or classic/fundamental fights. You either like guys like Mayweather/Rigo or guys like Canelo/Pac. Well that's not me and my posting record proves it.

So stop it. I was VERY impressed with what GGG showed tonight. I still think Ward beats him, but I won't say GGG is overrated because you don't like HBO fighters that fight an aggressive style.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 3 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #115

Lightweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 3 2013, 09:07 AM) *
Good fight. Stevens frustrated me. If he listned to his corner, he wouldn't have taken as much punishment and had to go into survival mode, which ultimately led to his demise. I thought Golovkin was very poised. It was a tough fight to watch with all the nuthuggery Jim Lampley was spewing out lol I gave Stevens rounds 4 and 5. It was a solid fight. GGG did what he had to do but he needs to fight some better opposition before these P4P discussions start coming up. Unlike Pacquiao, network and promoter opposition shouldn't be an obstacle. There is no reason why he shouldn't have a fight Martinez or Ward in the near future...if not both.

No way Martinez fights him. Martinez is old and he has fights with JCC JR and Cotto that would pay him more than a fight with GGG.

I can agree about Ward. I think GGG could fight him in the near future. With that being said, I don't think GGG is going to move up to 168 right now and I think the Ward fight could be bigger in a few years. If I am GGG, the guy I do anything to fight is Cotto. That would be a great money/exposure fight and GGG would likely destroy Miguel.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 3 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #116

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Damn...GGG showed up again.

Would like to see him fight Martin Murray next if he gets through his fight with Garth Wood which he should.

Sergio isn't fighting until April right?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #117

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 3 2013, 12:30 PM) *
Go ahead and find something...ANYTHING. Go ahead and find a post of mine where I call Floyd a bad fighter, an overrated fighter, etc. You can't find it because I have an immense amount of respect for Floyd as a fighter. The problem is that YOU like to fit everyone in either 1 of 2 camps. You want to believe that fans either like slugging "rock em sock em robot" fights or classic/fundamental fights. You either like guys like Mayweather/Rigo or guys like Canelo/Pac. Well that's not me and my posting record proves it.

So stop it. I was VERY impressed with what GGG showed tonight. I still think Ward beats him, but I won't say GGG is overrated because you don't like HBO fighters that fight an aggressive style.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/ABgif_zpsab94df20.gif)

I think everybody around here can attest to the fact that you've shamelessly taken several shots at Floyd and his style, but oh well...

Poor thing, you tried though...

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 3 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #118

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 3 2013, 12:30 PM) *

actually canelo and pacquiao are boxer/punchers, not rockem sockem sluggers. that was a piss poor example

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 3 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #119

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 3 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Either way your entitled to your opinion and this is an open forum.. quit sounding like your goin back on your own word.. relax..

And how can we determine how Andre would fair against GGG? We haven't seen him in ages

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 3 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #120

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2013, 01:02 PM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/ABgif_zpsab94df20.gif)

I think everybody around here can attest to the fact that you've shamelessly taken several shots at Floyd and his style, but oh well...

Poor thing, you tried though...

Seriously, you have me confused with someone else. I don't even know how Floyd got involved in this discussion. You got upset because I said GGG showed some really nice skills in this fight. Then again I also said that Andre Ward would be a solid favorite over him so I obviously didn't go crazy in my praise for GGG. You are in over your head right now because you are trying to pin me down to remarks that I have NEVER made.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:46 AM