IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down?, Doesn't matter if you expect the fight to happen
What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down?
What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down, regardless of whether or not you think the fight will happen??
Bernard Hopkins [ 5 ] ** [17.86%]
Gennady Golovkin [ 6 ] ** [21.43%]
Sergio Martinez [ 7 ] ** [25.00%]
Adrien Broner [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peter Quillin [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
Danny Garcia [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
Miguel Cotto [ 1 ] ** [3.57%]
Manny Pacquiao [ 1 ] ** [3.57%]
Timothy Bradley [ 4 ] ** [14.29%]
Amir Khan [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Col Reb
post Nov 3 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

What current fighter from 140-160 would be the toughest fight for Floyd, regardless of whether or not you believe the fight will happen? Let's have some fun with hypotheticals.

This post has been edited by Col Reb: Nov 3 2013, 12:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 3 2013, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 3 2013, 01:35 AM) *
What current fighter from 140-160 would be the toughest fight for Floyd, regardless of whether or not you believe the fight will happen? Let's have some fun with hypotheticals.

Crazy as it sounds, but I'd like to see Kieth Thurman get a crack at Mayweather, maybe 2 fights from now. Thats at 147. At 160, there's a lot of guys that would likely BEAT Mayweather. Guys at 160 are too big for him. He's going to have problems with taller fighters that have a reach advantage. Paul Williams would have beaten him, in my opinion. The only guy that May has fought, in probably the last 10 years that was taller and had a reach advantage was DLH. DLH troubled May with the jab. Bigger guys will do that to him.

Floyd gets a pass from me if he doesnt fight anyone at 160. I think thats waaay to hight for him. If Martinez was to come down to 154, I'd like to see that fight still. Not really sure how much Serge has in the tank though...

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 3 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

1. GGG
2. Tim
3. Broner
4. Sergio
5. Quillin
6. B Hop
7. Danny
8. Cotto
9. Pac
10. Khan

In that order I think

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 3 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Let me start by saying he shouldn't have to fight anyone at 160. That's ridiculous. Did we forget where he started? But in order of difficulty, here's how I have it:

1.Martinez
2.Quillin
3.Hopkins
4.Bradley
5.Broner
6.Khan
7.GGG
8.Pacquiao
9.Garcia
10.Cotto

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 3 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

1. Tim
2. B Hop
3. GGG
4. Sergio
5. Quillin
6. Danny
7. Pac
8. Cotto
9. Khan
10. Broner

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 3 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

tim bradley hands down. i think mayweather should stay faraway from tim as he can. all the big middleweights would end up just like canelo, unable to catch floyd all night, and getting popped in the process. even hopkins ouldnt be able to catch floyd. pacmnan danny and cotto are all too slow now in my opinion. broner is to stupid, inexperienced and one dimensional, and khan is a joke. sergio wouldnt even make it through training camp without getting hurt, and quillen would just freeze up when he gets hit.

tim bradley might just beat mayweather. any given night, they would beat eachother.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Nov 3 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 3 2013, 12:35 PM) *
tim bradley hands down. i think mayweather should stay faraway from tim as he can. all the big middleweights would end up just like canelo, unable to catch floyd all night, and getting popped in the process. even hopkins ouldnt be able to catch floyd. pacmnan danny and cotto are all too slow now in my opinion. broner is to stupid, inexperienced and one dimensional, and khan is a joke. sergio wouldnt even make it through training camp without getting hurt, and quillen would just freeze up when he gets hit.

tim bradley might just beat mayweather. any given night, they would beat eachother.

Negative. Provodnikov gave Bradley problems and he loss decisively to Pacquiao. Mayweather makes easy work of Bradley. In order to beat Mayweather you have to pose a threat of power or be able to beat him at his own game and Bradley does neither. Lets not hype Bradley up just because he beat Marquez his last fight. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 3 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 3 2013, 11:35 AM) *

I haven't seen any version of Tim Bradley that would ever beat Mayweather Jr

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 3 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If I had to pick based off this list then I'd say Martinez had the best chance and then maybe Bradley. Tim had earned a shot to fight Mayweather Jr, though I feel he lost to Manny he did come back and show toughness against Provodnikov and he basically blanked JMM. Bradley is athletic. Has good speed and decent foot work, but he can't crack an egg as far as punching goes. He ain't got a thing to keep Floyd from walking him down and peppering him with right hand leads

I will never understand where people think Golovkin will be a threat to Floyd, he's not even a threat to Ward. We gon see what GGG is made of when he moves up to SMW. He might have some problem there. He has a thin resume. Who has he beat that makes him a threat? and some are on his band wagon but I feel if and when he fights Ward people will stfu just like how they are now about Matthyse. When's the last time you heard his name lol. If GGG was to fight Floyd I think Floyd would have a belt around his waist. GGG is too slow, medicare foot work. He can cut the ring off well though and his punching power isn't he best thing he got going. But you can't hit what's not there. I saw some things in Golovkin last night that let's me known he has a long way to go to be elite. He's beatable

When you look at the fights that Mayweather has had trouble in. It came against fighters with experience. Just in recent memory. Shane had that one moment in the 2nd round but you don't see these young guys do what he did. He threw a decoy shot to the body and then went up top. Cotto, another experienced fighter. Gave him trouble in spots and had some success. Martinez has that awkward style, the power and speed to give Floyd some trouble. And his footwork is pretty good too. It would be interesting to see how Mayweather deals with the straight left from Martinez

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Nov 3 2013, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post
jvo1800
post Nov 3 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 10,205

Personally i would have to say Bradley would be his toughest fight right now. Bradley is very persistent with his attacks, sometimes to a fault but i think he could possibly steal rounds due to being a lot more active regardless if he's actually connecting or not. Floyd picks his shots and sometimes is very inactive during rounds which is not very crowd pleasing nor is it appealing to the judges when it comes down to the scorecards. The second reason is because of the lack of punching power from Floyd and Bradley's outstanding chin i think Tim could actually walk right through most of Floyd's punches. Now lets be clear, i definitely dont think Floyd would lose to ANYBODY right now.........but i would have to say Bradley would have the best shot just based on being very active with a bunch of elbow/arm/shoulder shots. To sum everything up i dont think it would be a tough fight for Floyd at all, but if i had to pick somebody to be the TOUGHEST challenge right now.......it would be Bradley

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:55 PM