IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magomed Abdusalamov is in Self-Induced Coma, Smh...
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/magomed-abdusal...ed-coma---71280

Glad the doctors did the right thing in this situation...no need to allow things to get worse. That fight had to have taken a toll on both guys, but damn...

Hope Mago's okay...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 3 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Damn man, I hope that he's going to be alright. He put on a very good showing last night, but he took some serious punishment in there too. The doctors did the right thing, now let's hope we hear some good news on Monday

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Nov 3 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

Hoping that he'll be OK. This is one of the hazards of the boxing business. We love to see action fights, but this can be the result of these type of fights. Hope he pulls through.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 3 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

one day hbo's heros ill be in an induced fuckin coma and then ell have to see what lampley has to say about this fan friendly bullshit when pacquiao is dead. fuck hbo. im surprised provodnikov aint fuckin dead yet

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Nov 3 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 3 2013, 04:07 PM) *
one day hbo's heros ill be in an induced fuckin coma and then ell have to see what lampley has to say about this fan friendly bullshit when pacquiao is dead. fuck hbo. im surprised provodnikov aint fuckin dead yet

Dramatic much? It's part of the game, you choose to box you run the risk of permanent injury or death. You like chess others like war...to each their own. Every fighter can't be a boxer, some people have limited skills and have to rely on power. Plus I would like to point out that our level of savagery in boxing is nothing compared to 20 rounds of that shhh the way it used to be and many of those guys ended up ok when it was all written. His team should've stopped this fight because dude was more concerned with how he looked after the first round than in how bad he was getting whopped...same applies to the margarito vs pacquaio fight where even the fighter was asking the ref why he wasn't stopping it. What boxing needs is better doctors at ringside with actual neurological experience, them two doctors that look at him were merely observing his face puff up a good 5 inches and said nothing at all. Mago is ok, btw. He's awake from the induced coma but his career is most likely done.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 3 2013, 03:07 PM) *

Do you always have to go full blown retard?

According to the law of averages (serially messing up, but doing something right by accident), you have a point. I'm wondering how HBO will act, if a fighter "doesn't pull through", since they're pushing this "blood & guts" agenda.

It seem that they're trying to make themselves, "Home of the Ward/Gatti fights", rather than embracing the sweet science, and enjoying slugfests...if they happen to occur.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 3 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

In some ways, I'm not too surprised with this news. Hopefully this guy will be able to recover and get well of coarse, but after rewatching that fight it's hard to figure that both guys wouldn't be effected in the aftermath. Total different ball game when 200+lbs. Heavyweights are giving and taken punches like brawlers in lower weight classes.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 4 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2013, 04:36 PM) *
Do you always have to go full blown retard?

According to the law of averages (serially messing up, but doing something right by accident), you have a point. I'm wondering how HBO will act, if a fighter "doesn't pull through", since they're pushing this "blood & guts" agenda.

It seem that they're trying to make themselves, "Home of the Ward/Gatti fights", rather than embracing the sweet science, and enjoying slugfests...if they happen to occur.

am i at the right place, this is the internet isnt it? anyway, i just think that this attitude they give off puts the fighters in a horrible position of going out on their shield, or not being invited back, and if they lose, they wont be invited back, and if they win they might not either. it jsut sucks

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 4 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 4 2013, 08:11 AM) *
am i at the right place, this is the internet isnt it? anyway, i just think that this attitude they give off puts the fighters in a horrible position of going out on their shield, or not being invited back, and if they lose, they wont be invited back, and if they win they might not either. it jsut sucks

I get what you're saying. The lack of interest, support and importance placed on defense is a huge detriment to this sport. I just think you went a bit far trying to prove your point. Ultimately, everyone can't be Floyd and everyone can't be Manny Pacquiao. That said, there shouldn't be any fighter out there blocking punches with their face. Roberto Duran was about as aggressive a fighter as there is, but I've never seen a fight where he's putting his face out there to be hit. At the very least, move your head. At some point, boxing is going to look like Ricardo Mayorga fights. Sticking your face out to be punched for bravado.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 4 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Didn't a dude die a few weeks ago from a clot after a fight as well? Man this is sad.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:59 AM