IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update! Adamek Sick(Flu) Glasov-Wilson Replacement, Ward-Rodriguez (HBO) Glascov-Wilson (NBC) (Post#17)
Jack 1000
post Nov 11 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What do you guys think?

We have Ward-Rodriguez on HBO in Ward's Home State. This is the kind of fight where two of the judges will have their 118-110 and 119-109 Ward cards already filled in almost no matter what happens in the fight. Will the crew go Ga-Ga over Ward, with Lampley doing a twenty minute "Pom Pom soliloquy." Or will be reminded that "Ward is perceived as a boring fighter. But his allusiveness and ring technique allow him to use those skills to get the win?"

No way Ward gets anything but a win here. Casual interest might be, will he struggle at all? For this the writing's on the wall.

I actually like the Adamek-Glazkov fight better. Yes, Tomas will most likely get the decision, but the opponent I heard comes to fight and carries a big punch. NBC Sports has done a very good job of producing exciting two-sided matches. HBO can still go with the two-sided matches with success, but they often waste time with house fighters against mediocre competition. I have heard that Rodriguez is a good fighter for a first comeback, but he's still going to get his ass out-boxed big time. NBC Sports has the more competitive fight this weekend

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 11 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,954

Ward.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 12 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

While NBC "may" have the more competitive bout, I rather watch Ward perform. It doesn't matter vs whom to be honest.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 12 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 12 2013, 09:47 AM) *
While NBC "may" have the more competitive bout, I rather watch Ward perform. It doesn't matter vs whom to be honest.

Exactly.

And quite honestly Jack, I don't think HBO will "Ga-Ga" over Ward. Sure he's done a few broadcast but that hasn't stopped them from ripping boxers before. Shit, Roy Jones has been doing commentary for years and they used to criticize the hell outta him in his prime.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 12 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Should people sleep on rodriguez? Ward hasn't fought in a good while

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 12 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 12 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Exactly.

And quite honestly Jack, I don't think HBO will "Ga-Ga" over Ward. Sure he's done a few broadcast but that hasn't stopped them from ripping boxers before. Shit, Roy Jones has been doing commentary for years and they used to criticize the hell outta him in his prime.

That's what I am also thinking. I hope that Ward is given some respect. He could jump to Showtime if this does not happen.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 12 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 12 2013, 07:05 PM) *
That's what I am also thinking. I hope that Ward is given some respect. He could jump to Showtime if this does not happen.

Jack

While I certainly agree he deserves respect, I secretly want him and Rigo on Showtime anyway lol I'm guessing him being at Mayweather/Canelo weigh in would lead one to believe that's not exactly a far fetched idea lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 12 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 12 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Should people sleep on Rodriguez? Ward hasn't fought in a good while

No way. Although he won't win on the cards. Fightnews reports all four officials from California. I think he might win maybe four rounds early as Ward tries to shake off ring rust. (He'll be lucky to win two rounds on any cards.) The good news is that this Rodriguez dude isn't coming as an "opponent." It could be a better fight than expected. Closer than what the judges will have.

Here's the report from Fight News:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ward-rodri...fficials-230883

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 13 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

If you think that way about Ward automatically getting the decision then you might as well skip the Adamek fight too. He's the one who gets gift decisions. He ain't beat Chambers, and Chambers was whipping on him with one good arm. And let's not forget those horrible scores in the rematch with Cunningham. He lost that one too...I'd rather watch Ward, he's the future anyway. Adamek ain't going to do shit if he gets another shot except stink out the joint again

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 13 2013, 05:23 AM
Post #10

The Consultant

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 12 2013, 11:55 PM) *
If you think that way about Ward automatically getting the decision then you might as well skip the Adamek fight too. He's the one who gets gift decisions. He ain't beat Chambers, and Chambers was whipping on him with one good arm. And let's not forget those horrible scores in the rematch with Cunningham. He lost that one too...I'd rather watch Ward, he's the future anyway. Adamek ain't going to do shit if he gets another shot except stink out the joint again

If I recall, I think I had Adamek beating Chambers, but thought the Cunningham fight was a robbery.

You're right though Adamek gets gift cards as well!

I'll probably watch both. I hope both opponents give good accounts of themselves.

Jack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:32 PM