IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)7PM(PT) Ward vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams
The Original MrF...
post Nov 17 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #91

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 17 2013, 05:00 PM) *
It was cool actually. My little one is in NY with my parents to this is the 1st time we've had this much alone time.

Speaking of better halves, Ward now owes it to his wife and kids to tackle the financial aspect of his career. I mean we're talking about the clear #2 P4P fighter in the world hear. In America. Now I'm not saying he's broke, but did anyone happen to notice the ridiculous amount of empty seats last night? It looked like a Jaguars game. He's a smart guy. I'm sure he's living comfortably. That being said, my goodness. He owes it to himself and his family to be promoted better.

For starters, stop fighting in Cali. Yea you get the home support but Vegas is where it's at. You get a broader variety of people watching you. For enders (lol), come on over to Showtime. You've fought the good fight long enough bruh. Time to come over the the network that appreciates top tier boxing. I got so tired of Max and Jim reminding us about the "fans" who have been critical of his performances. I think "fans" was a code word for them. I've been more than pleased watching this dude's career. What's not to like? He takes the best fighters in his division and tactically bullies them into becoming his bitch for 12 rounds. He deserves to fight in an arena known for boxing, in a captivating boxing town like Vegas, with a solid undercard. Unless of course he wants to be Winky Wright-esque his entire career. In that case, do what you do because you do it well.

Great Post... All truth here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 17 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #92

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If I'm Ward I'm saying no to any fight not held in Vegas or NYC. Not even Staples Center or Atlantic City (not that they are bad consolations). Only other thing I'd consider is fighting Froch in the UK for that overseas money Floyd has been plotting on for some years now.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 17 2013, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #93

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 17 2013, 08:13 PM) *
If I'm Ward I'm saying no to any fight not held in Vegas or NYC. Not even Staples Center or Atlantic City (not that they aren't bad consolations). Only other thing I'd consider is fighting Froch in the UK for that overseas money Floyd has been plotting on for some years now.

If I was Ward, I'd say "yes" to the Staples Center, but that would consist of a Chavez, cause it aint NO WAY Ward is selling anything at the Staples Center. Let's be real here...lol...hold on, I gotta get my laugh out first...okay, here we go...Atlantic City is a neutral location, either for guys who they're testing to see if they can sell tickets, or the guys who don't really have a home (read: fans in their own state, city, or country).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ward cant be picky at this point, regardless of his accomplishments in the ring. He has to have that ONE opponent (not performance) that will catapult his career, or give him a decent boost. A Chavez fight will do it for him. Truthfully, the longer he stays at 168, the less chance he has at making a big impact (landing money fights).

It depends on what Sergio and GGG wants to do, but there's decent opportunities at 175...like a fight in Montreal with Pascal, Bute (maybe), and Stevenson. The ultimate opportunity is against Hopkins either at the Barclays.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 17 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #94

Junior Middleweight

Off topic here but Ward's Jordan boxing shoes were dope!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 18 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #95

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Interesting perspective on both sides of the Ward Debate concerning his fighting style:

(Credit Fightnews): http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ward-and-o...-in-2014-231394

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 18 2013, 01:38 AM
Post #96

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2013, 09:57 PM) *
If I was Ward, I'd say "yes" to the Staples Center, but that would consist of a Chavez, cause it aint NO WAY Ward is selling anything at the Staples Center. Let's be real here...lol...hold on, I gotta get my laugh out first...okay, here we go...Atlantic City is a neutral location, either for guys who they're testing to see if they can sell tickets, or the guys who don't really have a home (read: fans in their own state, city, or country).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ward cant be picky at this point, regardless of his accomplishments in the ring. He has to have that ONE opponent (not performance) that will catapult his career, or give him a decent boost. A Chavez fight will do it for him. Truthfully, the longer he stays at 168, the less chance he has at making a big impact (landing money fights).

It depends on what Sergio and GGG wants to do, but there's decent opportunities at 175...like a fight in Montreal with Pascal, Bute (maybe), and Stevenson. The ultimate opportunity is against Hopkins either at the Barclays.

Staples ALWAYS pops on fight night. That place is live! But the scene in Montreal and overseas is ripe for someone to cash in on. They seem to love boxing and always have a packed house, but I think its mostly because of promotion. I mean look at how much they promoted this fight against rodriguez?? They didn't do shit!

And another thing is ward is not a huge smw, he makes the weight comfortably. Idk why people complain about him not moving up. Bhop did the exact same thing

Now if Stevenson wins his next fight and kovalev keeps killing guys and his division stays relatively quiet he should challenge himself as Floyd has by moving up for more marketable names.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 17 2013, 10:14 PM) *
Off topic here but Ward's Jordan boxing shoes were dope!

His shirts are dope to, I'm having a hard time finding them tho.

If anybody knows the hook up, let me know.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Nov 18 2013, 01:43 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 18 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

But will a fight with Chavez jr really put Ward anywhere status wise? To me Chavez is a bum that disrespects the sport pretty blatantly, people watch Chavez because he's the son of a legend and the great Mexican hope. Am surprised America isn't jizzing all over Ward, he's the great white hope lol (actually is he white?)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 18 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #98

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 18 2013, 05:01 PM) *
But will a fight with Chavez jr really put Ward anywhere status wise? To me Chavez is a bum that disrespects the sport pretty blatantly, people watch Chavez because he's the son of a legend and the great Mexican hope. Am surprised America isn't jizzing all over Ward, he's the great white hope lol (actually is he white?)

Not right now. Chavez needs a win badly.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 18 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #99

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 18 2013, 05:01 PM) *

You need to be beaten for this lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 18 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think more is being made of Andre's perceived draw ability. I think Kellerman summed it up pretty good. He wasn't from tat area in Cali, when he fights closer to the Bay, he constantly pulls in 10k or more. I don't think he needs to fight outside of California to draw or get bigger paydays, he's in a tough spot. Who can he fight that's in or around his weight class that will bring him a bigger payday? I say his biggest payday comes form a JCC Jr fight but maybe his toughest fight comes against Gennady. I've yet to see anyone that I think will beat him. Nobody from 160 up messing with him

We also have to take into account that he's not the only one in this boat. Bradley, Donaire,Rigo and others aren't huge draws. Some of the blame should fall o the promoter. These are P4P fighters and they ain't getting marketed properly. I think GB masks some things about their fighters. If Santa Cruz or Mares headlined a card anywhere but Cali would they sell? The fact is there are FEW fighters that draw in the sport, don't even bring up PP. If Danny Garcia fought anywhere but the east coast what would he pull in? Funny how Cruz, Mares, and Garcia are pushed and marketed to the appropriate demographic. Ward and/or his promoter knows what he's doing. I went to Ward-Froch and that fight had more then a few comps

Ward is not a Vegas fighter, don't set my brotha up for failure like that lol. There are solutions to his overblown problem but some of them are out of his hands. If you can make a fight with GGG, that would sell well on the east coast, just like a Martinez fight would too. Make a fight with Chavez Jr and that fight would sell in Cali, Texas, that fight would sell here in Chicago. That fight would sell anywhere. But you have to find fighters that the public believe will beat this man, I don't see anyone out there that can do it but there are 3 boogeymen that people believe can and he should go that route in Kovalev, Stevenson, and Golovkin. Unfortunatley Andre does have to be picky because he's so good that people ain't gonna just buy into whoever he fights. He's not Mayweather where he can get away with stuff like that. Only 4 fighters can do that, Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Chavez Jr, and maybe Canelo for honorable mention. They have a following ingrained thanks to good promotion. Maybe that's why he wanted out with Goosen

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:47 AM