IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AweTV:Froch vs. Groves@3PM(ET)/12PM(PT)-SPOILERS, Update: IBF Mandates Rematch (Page 7, Post 61)
Cshel86
post Nov 23 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Froch is such a dick. This post-fight interview says it all. HIS ass should've been on the losing end tonight. Froch is a dog in the ring, but it's hard to feel bad for him when he comes up short as he almost did tonight, but he was given a gift, and he commences to being an asshole?! Smh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 23 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

coming all the way from amsterdam haha, questionable stoppage but groves turned away from froch, was the ref just supposed to let froch start beating on his side?

also whenever froch had groves on the ropes the ref intervened for whatever reason. like when groves hit froch to the back of the head, froch and went landed two shots and could of kept going, but the ref chose then to stop and warn groves. so i doubt he was in anyones pocket

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 23 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:39 PM) *
Froch is such a dick. This post-fight interview says it all. HIS ass should've been on the losing end tonight. Froch is a dog in the ring, but it's hard to feel bad for him when he comes up short as he almost did tonight, but he was given a gift, and he commences to being an asshole?! Smh

Mainly do to the fact that Groves succeeded in getting into his head prefight. I figured at most it was Groves just talkin cash but he really showed something tonight. Man, I just hate when good fights are stopped prematurely in a championship fights. After tonight Froch shouldn't even have Ward's name in his mouth and just sell this rematch demand.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 23 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Pissed I missed it but reading the comments Froch was an asshole...never thought I'd type that sentence with Carl's name in it lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 23 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #35

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 23 2013, 05:51 PM) *
coming all the way from amsterdam haha, questionable stoppage but groves turned away from froch, was the ref just supposed to let froch start beating on his side?

also whenever froch had groves on the ropes the ref intervened for whatever reason. like when groves hit froch to the back of the head, froch and went landed two shots and could of kept going, but the ref chose then to stop and warn groves. so i doubt he was in anyones pocket

I didn't see it. But wait if Groves turned his back when he was hurt, that is usually taken as a sign of surrender.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 23 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2013, 12:21 AM) *
I didn't see it. But wait if Groves turned his back when he was hurt, that is usually taken as a sign of surrender.

Jack

he could of just been off balance, then the ref holds him and waves it off but the position he was in he couldnt protect himself a second or two would of given us a much better answer also remember virgil hunter said froch would struggle, man knows his shit

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 24 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #37

The Consultant

The worst premature stoppage since Tyson-Rudduck I! That was BS. Howard Foster took charge like it was two little girls in a pillow fight there. Disgusting! You can not and do not stop a fight of this magnitude when Groves and Froch fought this courageously! That ref was SHIT! I had it 5-3 for Groves at the stoppage. What a great fight! Ruined by a POS ref!

Jack

+Quote Post
emd01
post Nov 24 2013, 11:59 PM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2013, 01:57 PM) *
The worst premature stoppage since Tyson-Rudduck I! That was BS. Howard Foster took charge like it was two little girls in a pillow fight there. Disgusting! You can not and do not stop a fight of this magnitude when Groves and Froch fought this courageously! That ref was SHIT! I had it 5-3 for Groves at the stoppage. What a great fight! Ruined by a POS ref!

Jack

Pretty much everything I was thinking during the stoppage.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 25 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #39

The Consultant

More potential controversy,

A fan of ref Howard Foster's Facebook page predicted a TKO/KO in the 9th round with a comment. Foster "liked" that comment, and it has been posted on Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...rge-Groves.html

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 25 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2013, 11:43 PM) *
More potential controversy,

A fan of ref Howard Foster's Facebook page predicted a TKO/KO in the 9th round with a comment. Foster "liked" that comment, and it has been posted on Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...rge-Groves.html

Jack

This came out soon after the fight ended, seems fishy. Regardless of this, I think the ref should be investigated

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 12:44 PM