IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao vs. Rios-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Froch-Groves Fight
mitukczuk
post Nov 24 2013, 02:07 AM
Post #111

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2013, 01:38 AM) *
Why does Roy look like CT Fletcher???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

"You gotta command some shit to grow!"

"Hip havin mother fuckers." CT is the truth!

This fight went as expected, not impressed. Once you got Rios in front of you, there is no other possibility other than winning. If you got more brain cells than him, you won't bang with him, which means he won't have a snowball's chance in hell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Nov 24 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #112

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 24 2013, 01:43 AM) *
I think the next step for Manny is Tim Bradley. Those 2 need a rematch. I don't see a better option for either Bradley or Pac. If I am Manny, I avoid Prov in a major way but props to him IFFF he takes that fight. I don't know who else Bob Arum can throw at him. JMM has said he has no interest in a rematch. Alvarado just got smoked. I think Pac-Bradley makes the most sense.

Not happening..Provodnikov isn't about to lose all the momentum he's gained by fighting Pacquaio..I don't see Ruslan taking a fight versus Pacquaio. Apparently the only person on earth who has ever manhandled Ruslan would be his opponent that night and these two know wayyy too much about each other to fight plus Roach now has the if you train with me you don't fight each other shhh...So no wild card fighters as opponents.

Pac vs Bradley works for me best..Jmm is in hiding of Ruslan ole boy called him straight the ffff out on twitter and is willing to go to mexico to whip his azz. We will also see Avarado VS Rios 3...who fades into obscurity and who bounces back.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Nov 24 2013, 02:35 AM

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Nov 24 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #113

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I loved the fight. Now I've never been a Pacman fan, but he showed his style has evolved.
Still lacking in defense (as Rios was able to land decent shots in) BUT he's added some dimension to his offense which gave Rios trouble all night.
He wasn't rushing in carelessly to try and knock Rios out (a wise move after he learned the lesson from Marquez), but instead settled for the points and just tried to land as many punches on Rios as possible.
And obviously he's still very fast. And his defeat to Marquez made him a more cautious and tactical fighter which means he is now more dangerous.

This fight made me interested in a Mayweather vs Pacquiao again.

+Quote Post
bazooka
post Nov 24 2013, 04:10 AM
Post #114

Amateur

Member No.: 14,025

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Nov 24 2013, 03:34 AM) *
Not happening..Provodnikov isn't about to lose all the momentum he's gained by fighting Pacquaio..I don't see Ruslan taking a fight versus Pacquaio. Apparently the only person on earth who has ever manhandled Ruslan would be his opponent that night and these two know wayyy too much about each other to fight plus Roach now has the if you train with me you don't fight each other shhh...So no wild card fighters as opponents.

Pac vs Bradley works for me best..Jmm is in hiding of Ruslan ole boy called him straight the ffff out on twitter and is willing to go to mexico to whip his azz. We will also see Avarado VS Rios 3...who fades into obscurity and who bounces back.

Pac vs Provodnikov would look just like the Rios fight. No interest in that one.

Pac vs Bradley yea I guess just so Manny can make the win official.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Nov 24 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #115

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I wouldn't want to see a Pac-Bradley fight in America. Bradley carries the American flag and the pride of the USA. If such fight happens in American soil, Bradley would have to win again. Losing is not an option for Bradley. If that happens Pac would go back to square one with another loss. And we know that's not an option for Pac as he is nearing the end of his career. He needs to beat another Mexican fighter right now -- have the fight in America -- win decisively, then we'll see about the Mayweather ticket.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 24 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #116

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I missed out on this one. Decided to spend some time with the Mrs again while we have a babysitter (rarity). I had no sense of urgency to see this because I had a strong idea of what it would look like. Rios is baby Magarito whether he wants to admit it or not. Anyway. Did I miss anything? Anyone know of any vids out there? It would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 24 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #117

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 24 2013, 09:39 AM) *
I missed out on this one. Decided to spend some time with the Mrs again while we have a babysitter (rarity). I had no sense of urgency to see this because I had a strong idea of what it would look like. Rios is baby Magarito whether he wants to admit it or not. Anyway. Did I miss anything? Anyone know of any vids out there? It would be greatly appreciated.

Just the Highlights from Espn...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #118

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 24 2013, 12:43 AM) *
I think the next step for Manny is Tim Bradley. Those 2 need a rematch. I don't see a better option for either Bradley or Pac. If I am Manny, I avoid Prov in a major way but props to him IFFF he takes that fight. I don't know who else Bob Arum can throw at him. JMM has said he has no interest in a rematch. Alvarado just got smoked. I think Pac-Bradley makes the most sense.

Pac/Bradley wont sell this soon, as I believe that this fight (Pac/Rios) may not sell that much, but who knows. Just when you think Arum doesn't have much to work with, he comes up with something. Stop acting like Arum is stuck, I mean for goodness, didn't he just match the LOSER of Rios/Alvarado with his cash cow? He doesn't have to play by the rules, he'll just put stuff together and make the people like it. Besides, we were all wondering why the hell Donaire/Darchinyan were fighting again (since the first one ended in the fashion that it did), but to our surprise, Darchinyan was having his way with Donaire.

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 24 2013, 12:46 AM) *
Cotto should take the big money to fight Canelo or take the Martinez fight. I have no interest in a Pac-Cotto rematch. The first fight was pretty decisive.

That Canelo fight AINT happenin'...at least not yet. Cotto is attending these TR fights for a reason, and he has his eye on whatever will make him the most money on that side. Arum has taken care of Cotto all of his career, so I think he'd trust his career in Bob's hands, before he succumbs to a cheap thrill with GBP. Besides, that Canelo fight is the biggest money maker that GBP can provide, but Arum can whip up some safer fights for him and secure some paydays.

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 24 2013, 02:07 AM) *
"Hip havin mother fuckers." CT is the truth!

This fight went as expected, not impressed. Once you got Rios in front of you, there is no other possibility other than winning. If you got more brain cells than him, you won't bang with him, which means he won't have a snowball's chance in hell.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Absolutely agree! I only gave Rios one round, but I cant say that Manny was all that impressive either...well at least not early on.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #119

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Can we just let this Pacquiao/Mayweather dream go? It AINT gonna happen, regardless of what Bob is spewing in his recent interviews. "Entertaining" the possibility of that fight, is a self-serving tactic on Arum's part, to keep his fading superstar in the light.

I mean look at it, there aren't many options out there for Manny (or so it appears), but Arum will never work with another promoter, and that's been a fact for the longest. Again, entertaining the idea of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, would do more for Arum's pockets, than actually making the fight.

I swear some boxing fans just LOVE the idea of being let down over and over again...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 24 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #120

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

As the late Emanuel Stewart would say, "It went the way I thought it would go". I was not impressed with anything in regards to Pacquiao. Everybody has been saying how fast he was. I heard that at the bar I watched the fight at and I have to laugh because he is fast but it appeared to be faster because he faced a slow plodder in Brandon. How do you not look fast when your in the ring with him lol. I didn't see the Manny of old or the new Manny, I saw someone who was cautious and still showed flaws. It's embarrassing that the same shot he got KO'D with is there for his opponents. I seen him hurt twice but he covered it up real well. Footwork was decent as always but he was one dimensional, every time going to the same place l, can't believe that Rios didn't pick up on it. And Brandon would've gave his self a better chance if he cut the ring off and listened to Robert instead of running after him like he did.

From here in I think Manny needs to be matched carefully, if he was in with a fighter who had a higher ring IQ last night he would've got put to sleep or lost again. He did the same thing over and over and he was open to be hit with clean shots. He needs to stay away from Bradley, I think he loses that fight. He needs Rios style opponents. I give him credit for keeping Brandon defensive for most of the night, that was smart but it's something missing from Pacquiao now. He didn't look sharp or as good as some are making his performance out to be. His performance was avg at best

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Nov 24 2013, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:27 AM