IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao vs. Rios-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Froch-Groves Fight
mrchitown
post Nov 24 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #121

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2013, 11:33 AM) *
Can we just let this Pacquiao/Mayweather dream go? It AINT gonna happen, regardless of what Bob is spewing in his recent interviews. "Entertaining" the possibility of that fight, is a self-serving tactic on Arum's part, to keep his fading superstar in the light.

I mean look at it, there aren't many options out there for Manny (or so it appears), but Arum will never work with another promoter, and that's been a fact for the longest. Again, entertaining the idea of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, would do more for Arum's pockets, than actually making the fight.

I swear some boxing fans just LOVE the idea of being let down over and over again...

I agree lol. At this point what does the fight prove? I subscribe to the theory that a fight should happen to serve a direct purpose. What is the purpose for this fight to take place? I don't see any. The fight is 4yrs past it's time. Manny would've put up a great effort in 09 and 10 but since I never saw a way he could win. Now more so after two losses and avg performance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 25 2013, 05:12 AM
Post #122

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 24 2013, 02:51 PM) *
As the late Emanuel Stewart would say, "It went the way I thought it would go". I was not impressed with anything in regards to Pacquiao. Everybody has been saying how fast he was. I heard that at the bar I watched the fight at and I have to laugh because he is fast but it appeared to be faster because he faced a slow plodder in Brandon. How do you not look fast when your in the ring with him lol. I didn't see the Manny of old or the new Manny, I saw someone who was cautious and still showed flaws. It's embarrassing that the same shot he got KO'D with is there for his opponents. I seen him hurt twice but he covered it up real well. Footwork was decent as always but he was one dimensional, every time going to the same place l, can't believe that Rios didn't pick up on it. And Brandon would've gave his self a better chance if he cut the ring off and listened to Robert instead of running after him like he did.

From here in I think Manny needs to be matched carefully, if he was in with a fighter who had a higher ring IQ last night he would've got put to sleep or lost again. He did the same thing over and over and he was open to be hit with clean shots. He needs to stay away from Bradley, I think he loses that fight. He needs Rios style opponents. I give him credit for keeping Brandon defensive for most of the night, that was smart but it's something missing from Pacquiao now. He didn't look sharp or as good as some are making his performance out to be. His performance was avg at best

Like I said I hate to rain on the guys parade but I completely agree with you..

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 25 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #123

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Hoping for a Bradley rematch....but expecting another fight with JMM:(

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 25 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #124

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What about a great fight between Pacquiao and Provodnicov? THAT WOULD BE WAR! I think Rios may be nearing done as a top contender. Hate to say that, but its what I feel.

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 25 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #125

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2013, 02:50 PM) *
What about a great fight between Pacquiao and Provodnicov? THAT WOULD BE WAR! I think Rios may be nearing done as a top contender. Hate to say that, but its what I feel.

Jack

What's the likelyhood really for a fight between Manny and Ruslan? 2 guys who are friends and have the same exact trainer. Ruslan was with Manny in his dressing room, it would be a good fight but I don't see war anywhere near it. I'd expect Pacquiao to box his ears off like he did Rios. I'd be surprised to see that fight and I doubt it happens as Arum has said they're looking at either a rematch with Marquez or Bradley any way

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 25 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #126

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 25 2013, 05:12 AM) *
Like I said I hate to rain on the guys parade but I completely agree with you..

I keep seeing the two cheerleaders (Roach and Arum) beg and say all the right things for a fight with you know who but the truth of the matter is Manny needs to be matched perfectly to the T. One false step will spell the end for this guy. He already showed signs of slippage in 2010 during and after the Margarito fight and I saw nothing impressive really about what he did, it was so 1 dimensional I almost couldn't keep watching it. He throws some combos and bounces to the same damn side every time. If Rios was smart he would've forced Manny the other way. In the spots he did force Pacquiao in the opposite direction, he had success. That's why I said anyone in the ring with him with a ring IQ would've won on Saturday. He was tentative as he should be, but he's still susceptible to the JMM shot heard round the world and I think more and more he's heading towards another KO loss

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 25 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #127

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 25 2013, 05:17 PM) *
What's the likelyhood really for a fight between Manny and Ruslan? 2 guys who are friends and have the same exact trainer. Ruslan was with Manny in his dressing room, it would be a good fight but I don't see war anywhere near it. I'd expect Pacquiao to box his ears off like he did Rios. I'd be surprised to see that fight and I doubt it happens as Arum has said they're looking at either a rematch with Marquez or Bradley any way

Idk about boxing his ears off. Brandon wasnt putting good pressure on pac and manny still looked uncomfortable in there for a while. Provo will surprise people, and he didn't have roach for the alvarado fight so I don't see that as a issue

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 26 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #128

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 25 2013, 04:29 PM) *
Idk about boxing his ears off. Brandon wasnt putting good pressure on pac and manny still looked uncomfortable in there for a while. Provo will surprise people, and he didn't have roach for the alvarado fight so I don't see that as a issue

Look at what Tim did to Ruslan when he chose to box, look at the success Alvarado had when he boxed early against Ruslan. He could have won if he had continued to do that but it's easy to lure him into a fire fight. Manny will box his ears off trust me lol. Ruslan is all pressure and nothing more. He's good at pressure and cutting off the ring. But the boxing ability of Pacquiao and the angles he gives will make Ruslan powerless. The likelyhood of this fight is next to none. The only reason Freddie wasn't in his corner was because he had to tend to another fighter but Ruslan said he trained with Freddie and Freddie came up with the game plan. I can only see this fight being pushed if Tim or Marquez turns down a fight with Manny

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 26 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #129

Cruiserweight

Ruslan did an interview yesterday I believe and h says no fight between he and Pacquiao

Also what do yall think of this stuff about all of Manny's assets being frozen? TR and Arum are acting on his behalf too much. The whole thing seems fishy

+Quote Post
Guest_DolimiteII_*
post Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #130

Guests

I had the misfortune of watching this fight with my boss. It was what i expected it to be. I mean Pac should of knocked Brandon out but he didn't. This is Brandon fucking Rios we are talking about. I mean, why are people making such a big deal of this fight. Manny was suppose to look great in this fight. He looked okay. I wasn't that impressed. Now people are saying he is a boxer? Okay. This fight was what it was suppose to be. A welcome Back Cotter party for Manny. Great. Now let's see him beat Bradley (again) and then he can start fighting people at a weight that have been fighting for awhile and see what he can do. And no the Mayweather fight ain't happening, just ask Manny's promoter.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:40 AM