IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> let's be honest Rios did better than Cotto and Margarito....
JamesToney
post Nov 24 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,032

or maybe Pacquiao was just better then....

either way, I wasn't that impressed by Pacquaio yesterday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Amandla
post Nov 24 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

How a guy coming off a loss to Alvarado managed to book a fight with Pacquiao and that was seen as legit says something about the sport.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Nov 24 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (JamesToney @ Nov 24 2013, 09:41 AM) *
or maybe Pacquiao was just better then....

either way, I wasn't that impressed by Pacquaio yesterday.

I wasnt either but Pacquiao is coming back from a year layoff after a brutal KO loss. I'd say he looked pretty good considering. It definitely was nowhere near the beating I thought it would be. Good fight though...or asswhooping or whatever.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Nov 25 2013, 03:23 AM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Them dudes actually let their hands go..this dude went into straight shell mode from the 7th round on...Pacquaio trying to knock him out would've been wasting energy. If Brandon hadn't been in that shell he'd be even worse than he is today. For a year off and coming off something that would take the confidence out of anyone he looked amazing. A hell of a lot better than most people thought he'd look in all honesty. When he started opening up with the combos you knew he had just snapped his confidence back into place, my issue is I hope he doesn't let that confidence get him reckless again. I like the apprehensive pacquaio he boxes beautifully when he isn't in tasmanian devil mode.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 25 2013, 05:17 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Amandla @ Nov 24 2013, 05:20 PM) *
How a guy coming off a loss to Alvarado managed to book a fight with Pacquiao and that was seen as legit says something about the sport.

Point made

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 25 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Amandla @ Nov 24 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Not to mention, it probably was promoted more than any fight this year. Moreso than even Mayweather vs Canelo. It felt like no matter what station I turned to, that fight was in my face. Two fighters trying to bounce back from losses. Remind me again how many Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeaux commercials you saw lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 25 2013, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 25 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #7

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Amandla @ Nov 24 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Maybe because Manny was coming off 2 straight losseshim self and one being knocked the fuck out?..along with lots of people saying he should retire?

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 25 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Rios would probably beat Gurerro lol

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Nov 25 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Nov 25 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Maybe because Manny was coming off 2 straight losseshim self and one being knocked the fuck out?..along with lots of people saying he should retire?

Makes no sense. What do you prove by beating a fighter coming off a loss? Especially when said fighter wasn't on your level BEFORE before both fighters recent losses? What was proven, that Pac isn't brain damaged by his KO loss? This fight was tailor made style and momentum wise, Rios on the downslide, hmmm, sounds familiar.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 25 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #10

Flyweight

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Nov 25 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Makes no sense. What do you prove by beating a fighter coming off a loss? Especially when said fighter wasn't on your level BEFORE before both fighters recent losses? What was proven, that Pac isn't brain damaged by his KO loss? This fight was tailor made style and momentum wise, Rios on the downslide, hmmm, sounds familiar.

So basically no one shouldve fought Manny after he got KOd since he was coming off a loss.makes sense.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:24 PM