IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> let's be honest Rios did better than Cotto and Margarito....
mrchitown
post Nov 25 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

No Rios didn't lol...Cotto did better then all of them imo. He had some early success but he got timid and shelled up after the 2nd knockdown. Margarito should've kept working the body, I think that's the fight that took something out of Pacquiao and he hasn't been the same since. All Rios did was take the punches, he shelled up all night and Manny still looked avg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 25 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Nov 25 2013, 03:23 AM) *
Them dudes actually let their hands go..this dude went into straight shell mode from the 7th round on...Pacquaio trying to knock him out would've been wasting energy. If Brandon hadn't been in that shell he'd be even worse than he is today. For a year off and coming off something that would take the confidence out of anyone he looked amazing. A hell of a lot better than most people thought he'd look in all honesty. When he started opening up with the combos you knew he had just snapped his confidence back into place, my issue is I hope he doesn't let that confidence get him reckless again. I like the apprehensive pacquaio he boxes beautifully when he isn't in tasmanian devil mode.

i totally agree. you gotta hand it to freddie, he took pacman from a slugger and taught him to box very well. pacman can box his ass off when he wants to. his right hook to the body was working great in this fight. he was nsapping rios head back like he did againt de la hoya. im gldad he has his confidence back. i think he just needs the right inspiration again. my only issue is with his power, he seems to have lost some of his power over th4e last few years. either that or his opponents arent drained and geting rocked by jabs cause of the catchweights. anyway, i thought pacman looked decent for a layoff. i hope he has a quick turnaround against tim bradley. then maybe mayweather

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Nov 25 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

Manny looked alright but I didn't see anything from him that makes me think he can beat Floyd. I'd be interested in seeing him fight a slick guy like Spadafora.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 26 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 25 2013, 07:29 PM) *
Manny looked alright but I didn't see anything from him that makes me think he can beat Floyd. I'd be interested in seeing him fight a slick guy like Spadafora.

The ONLY, and I mean the ONLY way they can dupe the public into buying that fights, is if the headlines read, "Manny vs Spadafora signed for (insert date). Arum says Mayweather fight is guaranteed after this fight".

Really, the idea of that megafight happening, has duped the public into buying both (FMJ/Pac) of their fights over the years. If the public is reminded that Spadafora gave Floyd hell in a sparring session, and Manny happens to obliterate him, then we'll probably end up getting a Bradley rematch.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:38 PM