IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> minus Floyd-Pac, what fight among current (whether they should have retired or not) fighters do you wish would have happened that hasn't?
mrchitown
post Nov 26 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2013, 12:20 PM) *
I've always wanted to know how a Mosley/Trinidad fight would've played out...but this guy named Winky Wright got in the way of that.

How the hell did I miss this one? Their styles would've made for a great fight. I don't know who I'd have favored in that one
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kej718
post Nov 26 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 13,674

Roy Jones vs. Mike Tyson (right after he beat Ruiz they were talking about this fight)
Floyd Mayweather vs. (Nasim Hameed (just for the ring entrances (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), or Acelino Frietas @ jr. lightweight when they were both undefeated)
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Miguel Cotto
Joe Calzaghe vs. Carl Froche

This post has been edited by kej718: Nov 26 2013, 08:49 PM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 26 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I am going to pick 5 fights I would like to see right NOW in boxing (not counting Mayweather-Pac). I won't use any fighter more than once and I will ONLY make reasonable picks. I won't have GGG vs Mayweather on this list.

1. Manny Pac vs Tim Bradley
-These 2 need a rematch. Almost everyone felt Pac won the first one but the 2 judges obviously gave it to Tim. We need closure here. It would also be a big fight overall because most people have Bradley in the Top-5 P4P rankings. If Manny can beat him, really for a 2nd time, it would be big for his career/legacy. If Bradley can beat Manny legitimately, it would be HUGE for his career/legacy.

2. Sergio Martinez vs GGG
-Great test for both fighters. Everyone wants to see what GGG would do against a slick boxer with great hand speed. Well, Martinez is that type of fighter.

3. Lucas Matthysse vs Ruslan Provodnikov
-Why not? Bombs away in this fight. Can Ruslan's chin hold up against Lucas' offensive assault? I wanted to put one really action fight on my list. I can't imagine this fight going the distance.

4. Juan Manuel Marquez vs Danny Garcia
-This would be a really interesting boxing match.

5. Floyd Mayweather vs Adrien Broner
-You have to put Floyd on this list. Truth be told I had a tough time getting excited about any Floyd fight that's out there right now. I think he crushes Garcia/Bradley. I want to see Floyd in there with a fighter with really fast hands. Since I can't pick Pac, I will go with Broner. I still think Mayweather chops Broner up, but I think Broner would be Floyd's toughest fighter in anything 154 and under*

*not named Pacquiao

+Quote Post
Rocky777
post Nov 26 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 14,033

I would love to see Rios vs Ruslan. Also Broner vs Bradley

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 26 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

1. Mayweather vs Lara

2. Froch vs GGG

3. Matthysse vs Maidana

4. Broner vs Thurman

5. Mikey G. vs Uchiyama

6. Donaire vs John

7. Fury vs Wilder

8. Alvarez vs Martinez

9. Kovalev vs Stevenson

10. Chavez Jr. vs Ward

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Nov 27 2013, 03:47 AM
Post #16

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

The original PAC VS MAYWEATHER fight was the potential showdown between Paul Williams and Floyd Mayweather. A lot of people forget that at the time Paul was hot and nobody was trying to mess with ole boy. The only legit duck I can personally call on Floyd was that fight..and honestly I can't say I blame him.

Just had a discussion like this where I had to pick one brawler current and one retired brawler..my combo...

Duran vs Provodnikov would've been a war of the worlds!!!!! at 147

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 26 2013, 02:41 PM) *
I know it is but I'm trying to make light of it lol. I feel for him because he works hard and he did so to get back. It was just a freak injury. Not as bad as an acl but it's just bad for him and the team

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 26 2013, 02:43 PM) *
How the hell did I miss this one? Their styles would've made for a great fight. I don't know who I'd have favored in that one

Poor Rose...dude just cant catch a break. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I'm not sure who would've won that one, because they're both decent boxers, but they always look to knock a guy out. I think that patience and a strict game plan probably would've gave Tito the edge. I cant truly remember when this fight was supposed to happen, so I can't speak of which Shane Mosley would've shown up. I can imagine that it was around that '02, '03, or '04 period of time, so I think Shane was still quick at the draw.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Anybody wonder why that Paul Williams/Kelly Pavlik fight never popped off? I remember some mysterious injuries struck Pavlik, but if I remember correctly, the talks of this fight, came a little while after the Hopkins loss, and when birdies were speaking of Kelly hitting the bottle. I'm not sure though.

It would've been a great scrap for what it's worth. I mean, Paul wasn't the biggest puncher at 160, and Pavlik wasn't all that focused, so maybe those shortcoming's would've made for an even exchange of action. Again, who knows...

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 29 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #19

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Broner vs Mayweather

Paul Williams vs Canelo

Ortiz vs Maidana 2

Sergio Martinez vs Mayweather or Pacquiao

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Nov 27 2013, 08:47 AM) *
The original PAC VS MAYWEATHER fight was the potential showdown between Paul Williams and Floyd Mayweather. A lot of people forget that at the time Paul was hot and nobody was trying to mess with ole boy. The only legit duck I can personally call on Floyd was that fight..and honestly I can't say I blame him.

Just had a discussion like this where I had to pick one brawler current and one retired brawler..my combo...

Duran vs Provodnikov would've been a war of the worlds!!!!! at 147

Doubt it, Duran would of fucked him up, plain and simple.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:57 AM