Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD MAYWEATHER, Better fighter now than in the past
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

I was watching mayweather vs Castillo II. Mayweather won handily yet had to work his ass off.. Castillo was able to check his chin on occassion with hard shots...Now Mayweather is beating guys with ease... dudes more than ten years his jr in many cases... What he did to JMM with his 2 year layoff was amazing no matter the 2 pound weight issue---Mayweather is more accurate and even better defensively and hardly gets touched. Mayweather is better now than ever
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Nov 29 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Castillo would whoop up Guerrero and Ortiz though imo..and probably Cotto.

But agree...guy has not aged at all.And having Sr. back in his corner is paying off big time.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Nov 29 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Castillo would whoop up Guerrero and Ortiz though imo..and probably Cotto.

But agree...guy has not aged at all.And having Sr. back in his corner is paying off big time.

Castillo seems a lot like Guererro in the ring.. in fight II Castillo was coming back to his corner shaking his head in frustration... almost 20 years later guys are still shaking their heads in frustration and even resort to dirty tactics... Floyd trained improperly for Cotto fought the wrong fight, yet still won emphatically. If Cotto rematches Floyd now with the rhythm he has... he gets retired.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Is he though? Whats happening now is that he's simply faster than these guys so he can get away easier. I mean Alvarez simply plodded forward after he couldn't land effectively since Mayweather was too fast. It's why am so curious about a Pac fight. How will he deal with that speed. Marquez just looks lost coming forward and not countering.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Is he though? Whats happening now is that he's simply faster than these guys so he can get away easier. I mean Alvarez simply plodded forward after he couldn't land effectively since Mayweather was too fast. It's why am so curious about a Pac fight. How will he deal with that speed. Marquez just looks lost coming forward and not countering.

Didn't bother Bradely and he ain't as fast as Judah was. Rios was able to land good flush shots and he is slow. manny has fast hands but he is very hittable. Is Pac faster now than when Morales beat him? I am curious about the bout yet I know barring injury or lucky shot Pac gets beaten up maybe counter KOd like Marquez did him if he fights mayweather

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Nov 29 2013, 02:44 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 29 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Didn't bother Bradely and he ain't as fast as Judah was. Rios was able to land good flush shots and he is slow. manny has fast hands but he is very hittable. Is Pac faster now than when Morales beat him? I am curious about the bout yet I know barring injury or lucky shot Pac gets beaten up maybe counter KOd like Marquez did him if he fights mayweather

What like Marquez's lucky shot yeah? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 29 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

As a fighter, your experience is suppose to advance even at the pro level. I feel mayweather would beat Castillo with ease at this stage (primed Castillo)

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 29 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Floyd is the type of fighter that learns from his mistakes in fights very quickly and he expects nothing but close to perfection from himself in the sweet science. I believe he is a much better fighter because he's learned more and faced much more styles. Floyd now vs a prime Castillo would definitely be a much more definite win than in both fights.

Past prime Floyd vs Prime Floyd should be a thread coming up.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Nov 30 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 12:29 PM) *

LOL, Pac's speed? LOL, dude gets caught by the likes of a slower JMM and you're thinking he's fast enough to beat Floyd? Bradley made the so called "speedy" Pac miss at will and Mayweather is faster than him. I can't believe people honestly believe that MP presents such a puzzle for Mayweather to solve especially at this point in Pacquiao's career.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 30 2013, 09:31 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 30 2013, 05:26 AM) *
LOL, Pac's speed? LOL, dude gets caught by the likes of a slower JMM and you're thinking he's fast enough to beat Floyd? Bradley made the so called "speedy" Pac miss at will and Mayweather is faster than him. I can't believe people honestly believe that MP presents such a puzzle for Mayweather to solve especially at this point in Pacquiao's career.

I never said beat, I said deal with. But if you'd get your head out your ass for 5 minutes and actually read the post you might of noticed that...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:04 PM