> FLOYD MAYWEATHER, Better fighter now than in the past
Marcus
post Nov 30 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 29 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Floyd is the type of fighter that learns from his mistakes in fights very quickly and he expects nothing but close to perfection from himself in the sweet science. I believe he is a much better fighter because he's learned more and faced much more styles. Floyd now vs a prime Castillo would definitely be a much more definite win than in both fights.

Past prime Floyd vs Prime Floyd should be a thread coming up.

Very interesting! hmmmm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Nov 30 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

My biggest regret about Floyd was the Ortiz fight. Every fighter has dirty tactics that they use-its part of the game. But i regret Ortiz used the dirty tactics he used to the degree that he used them because Floyd was WHOOPING ORTIZ. I never wondered if ortiz wouldve got knocked out had the fight ended on legal terms but HOW ortiz wouldve got knocked out. I've never seen post Gatti Floyd throw combinations the way he did in the beginning of round 4 of that fight. I mean did any of you see ortizs face after ONLY 4 rounds? He was getting sniped with straight rights like CRAZY

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 30 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 30 2013, 08:13 PM) *
My biggest regret about Floyd was the Ortiz fight. Every fighter has dirty tactics that they use-its part of the game. But i regret Ortiz used the dirty tactics he used to the degree that he used them because Floyd was WHOOPING ORTIZ. I never wondered if ortiz wouldve got knocked out had the fight ended on legal terms but HOW ortiz wouldve got knocked out. I've never seen post Gatti Floyd throw combinations the way he did in the beginning of round 4 of that fight. I mean did any of you see ortizs face after ONLY 4 rounds? He was getting sniped with straight rights like CRAZY

He was simply too slow for Mayweather. I think you need to atleast be on the same level physically as Mayweather to even have a small chance of beating him. So you need to be as fast as him, as fresh as him, enough power to make him respect you and the endurance to go 12 rounds and being as tired as the first round.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 30 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Floyd is a better fighter now. Not because of his physical assets but because of his iq. When he was younger his physical gifts were incredible, he has definitely lost a step since then but his iq is what sets him apart.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 30 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 30 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Floyd is a better fighter now. Not because of his physical assets but because of his iq. When he was younger his physical gifts were incredible, he has definitely lost a step since then but his iq is what sets him apart.

obviously but he's still a class above the quite a lot of fighters physically. When his physical side isn't so god like, we'll see exactly how well his IQ matches up.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 30 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 30 2013, 03:00 PM) *
He was simply too slow for Mayweather. I think you need to atleast be on the same level physically as Mayweather to even have a small chance of beating him. So you need to be as fast as him, as fresh as him, enough power to make him respect you and the endurance to go 12 rounds and being as tired as the first round.

Ortiz is pretty fast, if he was too slow then the rest of the boxers in and around his weight class are in trouble

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 1 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 1 2013, 04:24 AM) *
Ortiz is pretty fast, if he was too slow then the rest of the boxers in and around his weight class are in trouble

He sure as hell didn't look fast, and the fact he came in at 160 was it? didn't help.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 1 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2013, 12:16 AM) *
obviously but he's still a class above the quite a lot of fighters physically. When his physical side isn't so god like, we'll see exactly how well his IQ matches up.

That's the scary part.

There's truth to the second thing you said. He had trouble against zab who matched up with him in speed and pop. But whether it was his iq or just zab being zab he ended up taking over.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 1 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2013, 08:53 AM) *
He sure as hell didn't look fast, and the fact he came in at 160 was it? didn't help.

Victor has never been slow. He's got some speed. Maybe it was the weight but it definitely wasn't his speed

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 1 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 30 2013, 08:31 AM) *
I never said beat, I said deal with. But if you'd get your head out your ass for 5 minutes and actually read the post you might of noticed that...

The only person's head that's in their ass is a stupid MFer like you dummy.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:50 AM