Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FELIX TRINIDAD, Cheater? Career a ?
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

--- How long was he using his illegal handwraps.. He was hailed as the greatest and most deadliest puncher/finisher in the sport at around the time of the Middleweight Tournament --

The question of the hand wraps come into question? Did he have an unfair advantage? Or did he start the cheating as he moved up in preparation for being the Middlelwewight champ?

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Nov 29 2013, 01:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Id say the same about Mosley tbh.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Id say the same about Mosley tbh.

Yes... I agree but he admitted it and redeemed himself by annihilating Magarito- he siad he had something to prove. Mosley gets crapped on but he forever has my respect for Fighting Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright twice.. also his destruction of margarito was classic

I watch William Joppy having early success and pushing Tito back, yet those hellacious shots??? Vargas said that before his fight with Tito he was told about his wraps. Joppy said that Tito;s punches had an unnatural feel to them

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Nov 29 2013, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 29 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Yes... I agree but he admitted it and redeemed himself by annihilating Magarito- he siad he had something to prove. Mosley gets crapped on but he forever has my respect for Fighting Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright twice.. also his destruction of margarito was classic

Oh sure he beat Magarito but the thing is its at lightweight I wonder if he was using. For that I can't trust the guy

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 29 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 02:37 PM) *
Oh sure he beat Magarito but the thing is its at lightweight I wonder if he was using. For that I can't trust the guy

Yes I agree.. I feel Tito was always wrapping those hands. That skinny bird chest in retrospect is suspect

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 29 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I can't give anyone a pass for cheating. Now that's not to say that they've done it their entire career but when it's brought to the light a cloud of suspicion has to be placed over their careers and that's definitely true for Mosley and Trinidad

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 29 2013, 06:54 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Pac wraps his hands the same way. I believe it was naasim that found this out to during the Mosley fight and got his hands re wrapped. if this dude was loading how the F would have whitaker and dlh stand up to this guys shots. Mayorga might be a tough sob but all the punches he took that fight you think with loaded gloves he would be in a coma.. I think behop and naasim were fishing as always and vargas and the others just wanted an excuse to justify their Ls.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 29 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 29 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Yes I agree.. I feel Tito was always wrapping those hands. That skinny bird chest in retrospect is suspect

To me once tainted I could never trust a fighter again.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Nov 30 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

IMHO a skinny bird chest has nothing to do with what one's assessment may believe of a fighter's perceived punching power, if that' the case then Hearns shouldn't been able to KO anyone.

As far as Trinidad hand-wrapping issue then all we can go on is the assessment that his hands had been wrapped specially for the Hopkins fight and it was finally caught at that stage......it is possible that they were illegally wrapped for other fights but just like Margo we will never know for sure though we suspect he did it in other fights.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 30 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 30 2013, 12:31 AM) *
IMHO a skinny bird chest has nothing to do with what one's assessment may believe of a fighter's perceived punching power, if that' the case then Hearns shouldn't been able to KO anyone.

As far as Trinidad hand-wrapping issue then all we can go on is the assessment that his hands had been wrapped specially for the Hopkins fight and it was finally caught at that stage......it is possible that they were illegally wrapped for other fights but just like Margo we will never know for sure though we suspect he did it in other fights.

Dude Hearns had muscle-- lean muscle-- his back and shoulders were ripped. You could see his power before he even let a punch go

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Nov 30 2013, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:32 AM