Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ward Vs Adonis Stevenson, I saw some things the other night
MAHDI
post Dec 1 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

I was thinking Andre Ward could move up and put himself into STARDOM by beating Adonis Stevenson who was being frustrated the other night until he just overpowered Bellew. A good technical game plan, with a jab and movement...I think Ward can Frustrate, and out box Stevenson if he moved up to 175.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
mrchitown
post Dec 1 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Ward can move up when he wants to and still beat Stevenson. Bellew had a decent game plan but he wasn't throwing like he should have been. One day i believe thy'll fight and when they do I think Ward will win. Andre is a special talent, he takes away his opponents best weapons and make them fight his fight. He's a Mayweather/Hopkins hybrid. Too many don't appreciate what their witnessing but like Floyd they'll appreciate it when it's gone

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 1 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

the time has come for ward mto move to 175. i mean we have two threads about this already. that says it right there. come on ward you know you wanna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 1 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 09:30 PM) *
the time has come for ward mto move to 175. i mean we have two threads about this already. that says it right there. come on ward you know you wanna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

He ain't going to though. He's l ready said he's going to stay at SMW until he feels it's time. I don't think it's time yet but I understand the reasoning that many want him to move up. But he needs to grow into the division, not just move up because we want him to fight these fake boogeymennbi don't think he's a Light-Heavy yet

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 2 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 1 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Ward can move up when he wants to and still beat Stevenson. Bellew had a decent game plan but he wasn't throwing like he should have been. One day i believe thy'll fight and when they do I think Ward will win. Andre is a special talent, he takes away his opponents best weapons and make them fight his fight. He's a Mayweather/Hopkins hybrid. Too many don't appreciate what their witnessing but like Floyd they'll appreciate it when it's gone

on point bra

his jab was a god Damn piston
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 11:30 PM) *

Actually ward doesn't have to do shit. He doesn't seem to be enjoying boxing right now, i saw some random interview after the rodriguez fight where he was talking retirement.

His promoter situation is a mess and he seems very bitter that he is not appreciated.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 2 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2013, 05:40 AM) *
on point bra

his jab was a god Damn piston

Actually ward doesn't have to do shit. He doesn't seem to be enjoying boxing right now, i saw some random interview after the rodriguez fight where he was talking retirement.

His promoter situation is a mess and he seems very bitter that he is not appreciated.

Let's hope he doesn't attempt a Tim Bradley type move.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

That Larry Merchant just won't stay irrelevant....he did an interview and says the media and fans need to put pressure on Ward and Stevenson.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 10:30 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This is the funniest shit I've read all day! I second this!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 08:52 PM) *
That Larry Merchant just won't stay irrelevant....he did an interview and says the media and fans need to put pressure on Ward and Stevenson.

I can sort of dig some of what the old coot is hollering though, but he can't fault a fighter for making his availible "name" opponents around his division look like salmon to a bear. If anything, AW's the kingpin and if guys like Stevenson want to call out Froch instead, then that sublimely lets me know he's not ready.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Dec 2 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I will say this, ward has plenty of options

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:17 AM