> Ward Vs Adonis Stevenson, I saw some things the other night
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 02:32 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I can sort of dig some of what the old coot is hollering though, but he can't fault a fighter for making his availible "name" opponents around his division look like salmon to a bear. If anything, AW's the kingpin and if guys like Stevenson want to call out Froch instead, then that sublimely lets me know he's not ready.

I agree because I think I got the point of what he was trying to say but like another writer said, it seems like Merchant was pushing the HBO agenda. Rumor has it that HBO doesn't want Ward to fight Chavez Jr and that's the fight Ward wants the most. Instead of giving him Chavez Jr, they want him to move up and he and his team have said no. Merchant is a ride or die for HBO, I get it his point but he got an agenda too

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 3 2013, 02:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 3 2013, 06:34 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I would love to see Ward beat down Chavez Jr. Stevenson and Ward would be a fight for the fans. What does Ward have at 168?? He's cleared out the division. He wants to make money now. Stevenson, like Ward, conquered Dawson. Why not him? I see that both guys are not calling each other out because the caller has to move in weight. I think Stevenson may have issues going down to 68 and Ward says he doesnt want to go up yet. Stevenson has business at 175 that he can do. What does Ward have at 168, that would bring him the money?

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Dec 3 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Ward and Stevenson... Is Andre afraid to go to 175? What is the damned hold up. Anyone can see that Chavez Jr will get annihilated.. he will barely lay a glove on Andre Ward... Time for Ward to go up

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

too soon for this fight to be made, about a year or so down the road, each fighter needs a top guy or two on their resume to generate public interest. Many people have no idea who Ward is and especially Adonis. Build this fight and it will be a good one. Adonis ain't out boxing ward, but if he touches Ward's chin, who knows,

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 11:05 AM