IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview and Comments For HBO/Showtime Duel Cards, Saturday Night!
Jack 1000
post Dec 2 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Boxing Hits Both Channels on Saturday Night. Comment on the better card. How the fights will play out: (Credit: Fightnights.com)

On Showtime:
Time: 9:00pm ETDevon Alexander vs. Shawn Porter - IBF welterweight titleco-feature Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi - welterweightAustin Trout 26 W 1 L 0 D 14 KOs vs. Erislandy Lara 18 W 1 L 2 D 12 KOs - light middleweightSakio Bika 32 W 5 L 2 D 21 KOs vs. Anthony Dirrell 26 W 0 L 0 D 22 KOs - super middleweight

Are all four fights being shown? My cable guide shows a 4hr 30min time frame. I'll take
  • Porter SD
  • Judah-Malinaggi-DRAW
  • Trout UD (Close)
  • Dirrell UD (Wide)
It will be a tactical night of boxing. For pure skill Trout-Lara will be the best fight on the card. Judah-Malinaggi will be sloppy, It will be close. Paulie I think won't win it and he will rant about politics in boxing going against him. If Judah doesn't crumble like he did against Khan this is a 50/50 fight.

These fights will be close, except for the Direll fight, look for debated and maybe controversial scoring in at least two of them.

On HBO:

Time: 9:45pm ETJoseph Agbeko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux - WBO WBA super bantamweight titleco-feature James Kirkland vs. Glen Tapia - light middleweightMatthew Macklin 29 W 5 L 0 D 19 KOs vs. Willie Nelson 20 W 1 L 1 D 12 KOs - middleweight

Tactical main event. Agbeko gets picked to pieces by Ringo.. Kirkland KO's Tapia. Nelson outboxes Macklin. Results:
  • Agbeko UD (Wide)
  • Kirkland KO 5
  • Nelson UD (Wide.)
For me. Action-wise, the Kirkland fight stands out. However, overall I think Showtime has the more competitive and better card.

Jack

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I think the best fight out of both networks will be the Rigondeauz-Abgeko fight but Showtime has the better all around card

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 2 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

• Porter SD
  • Judah-Malinaggi-DRAW
  • Trout UD (Close)
  • Dirrell UD (Wide)
    [/lis
    [list]
  • Agbeko UD (Wide)
  • Kirkland KO 5
  • Nelson UD (Wide.)
For me. Action-wise, the Kirkland fight stands out. However, overall I think Showtime has the more competitive and better card.

Jack
[/quote]
Alexander UD, I just don't think porter has what it takes to beat Devon. he may be boring as fuck but he gets it done.

If zab and paulie fight anything like they did in their last fights I can't pick a clear winner. (if zab gets that ko Broner not gonna be looking too hot next week.)

I wanna say that trout would win by UD but Lara has shown to be ...you know what....trout UD.

Direll SD,

Rigo ko 7

Kirkland UD

Macklin UD or late no

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

It looks as though the Showtime card airs at 8PM ET, and the HBO card airs at 9:45PM ET, so I may be stuck watching Alexander/Porter...if I don't decide to sort socks. Alexander's name and his mediocre opponents just suck the life outta me and this card...I mean, just go away Devon...especially if you aren't gonna fight somebody noteworthy. Porter's grill and that nasty fro of his, just blows me.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Though I'm ridin with Zab in this fight, I just feel like the favor will be for Paulie to win it if it's close.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 2 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 08:57 PM) *
It looks as though the Showtime card airs at 8PM ET, and the HBO card airs at 9:45PM ET, so I may be stuck watching Alexander/Porter...if I don't decide to sort socks. Alexander's name and his mediocre opponents just suck the life outta me and this card...I mean, just go away Devon...especially if you aren't gonna fight somebody noteworthy. Porter's grill and that nasty fro of his, just blows me.

Just as I predict there will be close decision fights that night, there will also be Sock Sorting by CShel! LOL! Alexander is definitely a "do lanudry" kind of fighter! hahaha! Unless he's in with a banger/brawler, which I don't see from Porter. Malinaggi-Judah may be call for another batch of laundry and sock sorting. Ringo-Agbeko might be in moments. BUT Ringo's got power when he wants to use it. Agebeko won't be able to get to him in most cases.

Jack

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 3 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Trout vs Lara will be great! (I hope). Same with Rigo vs Agbeko. I don't see how Judah will beat Paulie especially when Paulie just signed with Al.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 3 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 2 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Just as I predict there will be close decision fights that night, there will also be Sock Sorting by CShel! LOL! Alexander is definitely a "do lanudry" kind of fighter! hahaha! Unless he's in with a banger/brawler, which I don't see from Porter. Malinaggi-Judah may be call for another batch of laundry and sock sorting. Ringo-Agbeko might be in moments. BUT Ringo's got power when he wants to use it. Agebeko won't be able to get to him in most cases.

Jack

Alexander just wears me down...dude had so much potential, then he seemed to have lost his fire along the way. I think Porter will lay it all on the line and give into the crowd's pressure (read: wanting them to hurry, so they can see the main event).

I'm not so sure that Agbeko/Rigo lasts long, because Agbeko puts it all on the line, regardless of the opponent. As long as he doesn't start whining and complaining to the ref, then we'll have a good fight. I think he can drop Rigo...who cant??? You just gotta be willing to throw with confidence and catch him backing out of an exchange...it's been done before.

I hope to GOD that Lara knocks Trout's ass out...cant stand that dude. He had all of the tools to beat Canelo, and he gave it all away. He made Canelo seem more "elite" than people were making him out to be. He talked all of that shit to get the fight, had to sign his life away (read: signed for the fight, with that silly no rematch clause), then he went out there and didn't impose his will.

Can't wait to see how Dirrell/Bika turns out! It's about time that at least ONE of the Dirrell brothers makes something of themselves...bunch of talented morons. Lol

Last but not least, I'm not even sure how Judah/Malignaggi will play out. It all depends on which Zab shows up, and it also depends on what Zab has in front of him (who he can fight next). Paulie's not gonna knock anybody out, so I expect him to box his way through.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 3 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 09:19 PM) *
Alexander just wears me down...dude had so much potential, then he seemed to have lost his fire along the way. I think Porter will lay it all on the line and give into the crowd's pressure (read: wanting them to hurry, so they can see the main event).

I'm not so sure that Agbeko/Rigo lasts long, because Agbeko puts it all on the line, regardless of the opponent. As long as he doesn't start whining and complaining to the ref, then we'll have a good fight. I think he can drop Rigo...who cant??? You just gotta be willing to throw with confidence and catch him backing out of an exchange...it's been done before.

I hope to GOD that Lara knocks Trout's ass out...cant stand that dude. He had all of the tools to beat Canelo, and he gave it all away. He made Canelo seem more "elite" than people were making him out to be. He talked all of that shit to get the fight, had to sign his life away (read: signed for the fight, with that silly no rematch clause), then he went out there and didn't impose his will.

Can't wait to see how Dirrell/Bika turns out! It's about time that at least ONE of the Dirrell brothers makes something of themselves...bunch of talented morons. Lol

Last but not least, I'm not even sure how Judah/Malignaggi will play out. It all depends on which Zab shows up, and it also depends on what Zab has in front of him (who he can fight next). Paulie's not gonna knock anybody out, so I expect him to box his way through.

Good calls,

I thought Trout beat Canelo. For me it was a draw to two point edge for either guy. No way the wide score that the judges had.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 4 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 08:47 PM) *
I think the best fight out of both networks will be the Rigondeauz-Abgeko fight but Showtime has the better all around card

I agree. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but given how good this Showtime card is, it's perplexing to me that a rival promoter would put their fighter out there on this date. Do you think this is Arum saying "Fuck you Rigondeaux. Not only do I not care about your fight, I'm going to put it on the same day as a Showtime card that's much better"?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Dec 4 2013, 10:21 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:04 PM