Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Opponent Fans Least Expect, Kell Brook
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

With there being a week before Floyd announcing his Opponent for May 3, I thought I'd throw out a prediction on a opponent fans would least expect. One name who we haven't herd much from on the potential Mayweather opponent list by most fans is Kell Brook out of Sheffield United, who might I add is ranked by Ring Magazine as the #4 Welterweight, behind Timothy Bradley(#1), Juan Manuel Marquez(#2), and Manny Pacquiao(#3). We all know why ranked 1,2,3 wouldn't be availible for Mayweather on May 3 so could the number 4 generate some interest for boxing fans to see? He's undefeated and is quiet a draw over there, which if Mayweather is actually interested in fighting over seas could be all the leverage he needs to build a fight like this. My Question to the FH community is, if he were to unexpectedly turn out to be the opponent of choice, would u be more or less interested in this fight than u would be in seeing Mayweather match against Amir Khan?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Ain't nobody interested in Floyd fighting Amir, so how the hell would the boxing public get up for a fight against an unknown, unproven UK fighter is beyond me. Mayweather is fighting Vegas and nowhere else so we should let that one die too. I have no interest in seeing Brook fight Mayweather Jr, he's got some heavy lifting to do to earn that. At least Amir is known here in the states, don't nobody and I mean nobody know Kell

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2013, 09:44 PM) *
With there being a week before Floyd announcing his Opponent for May 3, I thought I'd throw out a prediction on a opponent fans would least expect. One name who we haven't herd much from on the potential Mayweather opponent list by most fans is Kell Brook out of Sheffield United, who might I add is ranked by Ring Magazine as the #4 Welterweight, behind Timothy Bradley(#1), Juan Manuel Marquez(#2), and Manny Pacquiao(#3). We all know why ranked 1,2,3 wouldn't be availible for Mayweather on May 3 so could the number 4 generate some interest for boxing fans to see? He's undefeated and is quiet a draw over there, which if Mayweather is actually interested in fighting over seas could be all the leverage he needs to build a fight like this. My Question to the FH community is, if he were to unexpectedly turn out to be the opponent of choice, would u be more or less interested in this fight than u would be in seeing Mayweather match against Amir Khan?

Trust me, I've been clutching at straws while predicting a Brook/Mayweather fight for the longest. Too bad Brook and clumsy Devon couldn't stop hurting themselves long enough to step in the ring and face each other. Had they squared off and Brook would've edged him, then we could've been talking about this being a possibility.

Maybe...just maybe Khan is gearing up to face Brook...maybe by Feb?! If so, then I can see the winner facing him in May...maybe. Hell, maybe these two fight as the co-feature, then the winner gets Floyd, but I can see also see a Garcia/Khan rematch as the cofeature, with the winner facing Floyd in Sept.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 09:13 PM) *
Trust me, I've been clutching at straws while predicting a Brook/Mayweather fight for the longest. Too bad Brook and clumsy Devon couldn't stop hurting themselves long enough to step in the ring and face each other. Had they squared off and Brook would've edged him, then we could've been talking about this being a possibility.

Maybe...just maybe Khan is gearing up to face Brook...maybe by Feb?! If so, then I can see the winner facing him in May...maybe. Hell, maybe these two fight as the co-feature, then the winner gets Floyd, but I can see also see a Garcia/Khan rematch as the cofeature, with the winner facing Floyd in Sept.

Nope, he did an interview today or yesterday and says he's returning in May and hopefully it's against Mayweather Jr. while Floyd said that he hopes to finalize his next opponent by next week....if Kell would've beat Devon, then like you said, he's set himself up for that type of action but fighting the likes of Carson Jones ain't cutting it. At least Amir brings dollars to the table and a name. Kell brings absolutely zero to a promotion of this magnitude, he's worse then Guerrero in that regard lol

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 10:12 PM) *
Ain't nobody interested in Floyd fighting Amir, so how the hell would the boxing public get up for a fight against an unknown, unproven UK fighter is beyond me. Mayweather is fighting Vegas and nowhere else so we should let that one die too. I have no interest in seeing Brook fight Mayweather Jr, he's got some heavy lifting to do to earn that. At least Amir is known here in the states, don't nobody and I mean nobody know Kell

So if he did, and I'm mean IF he does call him out to step up Chi that would be a Mayweather fight you wouldn't watch?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 2 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

After some long thought, I think it's going to be Devon Alexander. I think that's why Devon is content with fighting Porter instead of the big names rumored in the past. Also, if you guys remember, Floyd listed Devon as an option before.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2013, 09:56 PM) *
So if he did, and I'm mean IF he does call him out to step up Chi that would be a Mayweather fight you wouldn't watch?

Hell no I wouldn't watch that, I love Floyd but I love boxing more. If he fought that kid he'd be making a mockery of the sport. I wouldn't express any interest in that fight. I'd cut my phone off just so people wouldn't try to update me about it....Amir is stretching it already but I get why he would go that route but I don't even agree with that. Now throwing Kell I have no names on my resume Brook. I can't support that

Man you got me worried he make actually pick this kid lol....I pray he doesn't though

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Nope, he did an interview today or yesterday and says he's returning in May and hopefully it's against Mayweather Jr. while Floyd said that he hopes to finalize his next opponent by next week....if Kell would've beat Devon, then like you said, he's set himself up for that type of action but fighting the likes of Carson Jones ain't cutting it. At least Amir brings dollars to the table and a name. Kell brings absolutely zero to a promotion of this magnitude, he's worse then Guerrero in that regard lol

Fuck him! I cant stand Khan sometimes. Hopefully he gets his payday and moves on...ol' undeserving f*ckwad. I'll admit, he was on the right track, til the Peterson loss.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 3 2013, 02:35 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

If he is going to fight in the UK, the only way i see it with is going up against either Khan or brook, and having Broner on the undercard against the leftover. If (<--- keyword) Mayweather were to fight in the UK it would need to be a stacked undercard with Broner and another fighter that could open up the demographics. Im thinking hispanic but cant think of someone to take the spot to have it be a triple header if anything. If theres good fights, and on top of that Mayweather is fighting then Im easily buying it. Just give me good fights. Mayweather KOs Khan and Brook, Broner KOs Khan maybe Brook.

THE FIGHT I REALLY want for Mayweather on May 3rd is Sergio Martinez, I think i think it does decent numbers on its own with him putting TMT fighters on the undercard. But scratch out them fuus and put either Danny Garcia or Broner maybe both on the undercard and we have ourselves a PPV....I think May 3rd should be Mayweather vs Martinez, Garcia vs Brook , Broner vs Mattysse/Khan....Khan and brook being on the same card i think would help for the UK demographic...Even if mayweather doesnt fight them because there is bigger money fights, he can still make the money off them..BOSS

For the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight they should also have Canelo vs Cotto. Maybe even throw Andre ward vs Golovkin or JCC to really make it the best card ever.....so my head will explode, start it off with Rigondeaux vs Donaire 2!!!!!! i think its possible, Mayweather should still be happy since he'd make the most from it.

This post has been edited by Jovi2016: Dec 3 2013, 02:37 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 02:41 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Fuck him! I cant stand Khan sometimes. Hopefully he gets his payday and moves on...ol' undeserving f*ckwad. I'll admit, he was on the right track, til the Peterson loss.

He trying to cash out, that's what I think. The reason why I think he'll lose outside of Mayweather being head and shoulders better then him is because he rushing into this. At first, he was talking about getting some fights and then getting some meaningful fights under his belt at WW, now after 2 shitty performances he thinks he's earned the right to trade leather with Floyd. He said last week that Floyd won't dictate to him but it seems as if he's trying to bully his way into the fight with Floyd. He needs to fade away into oblivion like Guererro

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:39 AM