Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Opponent Fans Least Expect, Kell Brook
DigitalBoom
post Dec 3 2013, 04:06 AM
Post #11

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,960

A may day event not including a Mexican challenger? If he fights Amir it'll be in the fall, this opponent will be hispanic imo..Garcia has been really quiet as of late with no known match coming up...but like someone said I think Sergio Martinez makes for a hell of a ppv!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 3 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

we've all seen what khan can do, am more curious about what khan can do with against Mayweather with Virgil. What can he teach Khan

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 3 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Hell no I wouldn't watch that, I love Floyd but I love boxing more. If he fought that kid he'd be making a mockery of the sport. I wouldn't express any interest in that fight. I'd cut my phone off just so people wouldn't try to update me about it....Amir is stretching it already but I get why he would go that route but I don't even agree with that. Now throwing Kell I have no names on my resume Brook. I can't support that

Man you got me worried he make actually pick this kid lol....I pray he doesn't though

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Damn, M.I.A. like ya man Daprofessor huh? I don't think you'd be able to dodge a post Mayweather fight convo on these boxing forums no matter the opponent, but I read u...... Matter fact, on second thought, I'll call that bluff Chi. If we can sit through and stomach a Pacquiao-Rios fight, I think you'd be able to watch him in with just about anybody because Rios had no buisness being in there even on Pac's worst day.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 3 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Doubt brook will be it. He was hurt a few times his last fight

I want to hear what khan has to say Saturday while he is commentator, I have a feeling it will be Alexander should devon get back to his old urango days.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 3 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I know I am the only person who thinks there is a possibility of this fight happening, but I would love it, if Floyd picks Bradley. I am not buying the fight if he fights that china chin Khan. It will do nothing for his resume. Floyd made a boat load of money against Saul, i doubt if he is pressed, its not like he owes the IRS 50 million dollars. The long shot would be Thurman (who would give Floyd some issues) or even Garcia. Garcia said he isn't pressing the Floyd fight but we shall see. maybe it could be Devon if he has a great showing. Kell Brooks, like Chi stated, is virtually unknown. That would be like me trying to sell Yoyo Ma to some high schools kids that only listen to Lil Wack, I am sorry Wayne. They have no idea who he is. Kell Brooks, like Cshel stated, would of been in the running but he is Mike Vick, injury prone. I am crossing my fingers that it is Bradley, but we will see.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 3 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

Ahh i forgot about Bradley, I felt like Mayweather would fight him down the line.. Now would actually be the best time, but if HBO and Shotime find a deal, they gonna need to stack that undercard...But idk i dont see mayweather doing buisness with Top Rank unless he is gonna cashout on it. I only see the merger possibility for one fight. If they do the merger more then boxing will get very very interesting.

Bradley is a better opponent than Alexander and Khan. Still think the Martinez fight is bigger, but still big money depending on the undercard.

Mayweather vs Bradley
Canelo vs Cotto
with maybe Broner or Garcia on there too and we gravy

or Imagine
Mayweather vs Bradley
Ward vs JCC
Rigondeaux vs Nonito 2 Card of olympians/ best technicians
throw in Zou shiming just for some asian buys and its a wrap

This post has been edited by Jovi2016: Dec 3 2013, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Dec 3 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #17

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 3 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Ahh i forgot about Bradley, I felt like Mayweather would fight him down the line.. Now would actually be the best time, but if HBO and Shotime find a deal, they gonna need to stack that undercard...But idk i dont see mayweather doing buisness with Top Rank unless he is gonna cashout on it. I only see the merger possibility for one fight. If they do the merger more then boxing will get very very interesting.

Bradley is a better opponent than Alexander and Khan. Still think the Martinez fight is bigger, but still big money depending on the undercard.

Mayweather vs Bradley
Canelo vs Cotto
with maybe Broner or Garcia on there too and we gravy

or Imagine
Mayweather vs Bradley
Ward vs JCC
Rigondeaux vs Nonito 2 Card of olympians/ best technicians
throw in Zou shiming just for some asian buys and its a wrap

That would be a nice boxing card and definitely a PPV most folks would order. However, there isn't enough money to go around, especially after Floyd takes his cut. The undercard guys will want to get paid too.

I think Floyd will choose Devon Alexander after he beats Porter. Would be really surprised if he stayed at 154 lbs and fought winner of Trout/Lara. Both are bigger and pose a slight risk, but Floyd still wins via UD. The question is would either of those opponents help sell the PPV?

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 3 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (KSUN247 @ Dec 3 2013, 07:03 PM) *
That would be a nice boxing card and definitely a PPV most folks would order. However, there isn't enough money to go around, especially after Floyd takes his cut. The undercard guys will want to get paid too.

I think Floyd will choose Devon Alexander after he beats Porter. Would be really surprised if he stayed at 154 lbs and fought winner of Trout/Lara. Both are bigger and pose a slight risk, but Floyd still wins via UD. The question is would either of those opponents help sell the PPV?

The beauty of the cards i made is that compared to Floyd they already dont get paid shit, so on a floyd mayweather ppv card they still wouldnt make shit compared to mayweather. Bradley, ward, Jcc, Rigondeaux or nonito dont make over 5 million for each of their fights, bradley may be the only exception, but vs Mayweather he most likely wouldnt get more than 10 mill. that leaves 10-15 mill for the for the other fights to split evenly.. These are just based off their previous fight purses.

The only reason the other fighters could fight on the undercard is if they actually boosted the sales, then there will be more money to split. But the fights need to be good fights. Worth the money

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 3 2013, 12:04 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Damn, M.I.A. like ya man Daprofessor huh? I don't think you'd be able to dodge a post Mayweather fight convo on these boxing forums no matter the opponent, but I read u...... Matter fact, on second thought, I'll call that bluff Chi. If we can sit through and stomach a Pacquiao-Rios fight, I think you'd be able to watch him in with just about anybody because Rios had no buisness being in there even on Pac's worst day.

You make an excellent point..the only issue why I probably would be more likely to stay way is because May 3rd is my girl's birthday and she's not an Amir Khan fan. I don't even think she like UK fighters lol....I told her it might be Khan who he fights and she told me no way will she go or allow me to go if he fights Khan, so the odds of me getting to watch it or even attend it is no looking good. And I just gave away my ring side tickets to the Broner-Maidana fight. I ain't fucking with Adrien like that no more after he dissed D. Rose, so I'm going to have to find something else to attend..hopefully I can persuade her to go. I'll have to work my magic

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 3 2013, 03:50 PM) *
I know I am the only person who thinks there is a possibility of this fight happening, but I would love it, if Floyd picks Bradley. I am not buying the fight if he fights that china chin Khan. It will do nothing for his resume. Floyd made a boat load of money against Saul, i doubt if he is pressed, its not like he owes the IRS 50 million dollars. The long shot would be Thurman (who would give Floyd some issues) or even Garcia. Garcia said he isn't pressing the Floyd fight but we shall see. maybe it could be Devon if he has a great showing. Kell Brooks, like Chi stated, is virtually unknown. That would be like me trying to sell Yoyo Ma to some high schools kids that only listen to Lil Wack, I am sorry Wayne. They have no idea who he is. Kell Brooks, like Cshel stated, would of been in the running [b]but he is Mike Vick, injury prone[/b]. I am crossing my fingers that it is Bradley, but we will see.

@1st bolded, stop bringing this shit up..please. It's NEVER going to happen as long as he's under contract with TR, same as Manny. Floyd even said so the other day. He referenced the fact that Bradley and Pacquiao's contracts are DONE with TR in Dec 2014. We may get these matches for his final 2 farewell bouts in 2015

@2nd bolded, you didn't have to go there

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:24 PM